Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yeah, there are a few different guides floating around
    • Go on your ebay account and go to account settings
    • Then on left hand menu go to addresses and change Registration address to UK (do not change delivery address)
    • You should get a message congratulating on your move to the UK and then click submit
    • Then browse on the UK site and see what you want to buy, when you know and have the product page - amend the url to ebay.co.uk (instead of .ie if you are on that)
    • If done successfully you should see the price in £
    • Add to basket and choose paypal
    • Then add code PARTY to see the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Astral Chain Limited Edition and Daemon x Machina Orbital Limited Edition both up on Nintendo Official Store. Both available at time of posting.

Astral Chain.

https://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/astral-chain-collector-s-edition-legion-mark-pin/12225252.html.

Daemon X Machina.

https://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/daemon-x-machina-orbital-limited-edition-fan-pack/12226080.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Axiom Verge Multi verse edition is £9.99 on Amazon.

Scribblenauts Showdown is £7.85 (€8.75) on Shopto
    https://www.shopto.net/en/swsc05-scribblenauts-showdown-p62271/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition is down to 9.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mutant Mudds is a smidge over a quid, at least in ZA. It's rude not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You can get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on shopto.net for under £40 at the moment. At the current exchange rate using revolut that's less than €45. Base.com has is it for roughly €47 also.
    Considering CEX will currently buy it back for €38 cash i think it's worth a punt at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Disgaea 5 Complete Edition is down to 19.79 at the moment in the Eshop (16.19 on SA store). Bargain if your into that kind of game, there's a lot of content.

Not exactly a bargain alert but apparently there'll be a FreePlay of Captain Toad for Japanese accounts next month
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/switch-game-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-free-unlimited-play-1-11-august-via-nintendo-japan-3271973

It's for Online Subscribers, but in the past people have found that you don't need an Online sub to download it, and once you have an account with a Valid Online sub for a region (US/EMEA/Japan) the app isn't too fussy about whether you're in the region the offer was made in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Banjo wrote: »
    Not exactly a bargain alert but apparently there'll be a FreePlay of Captain Toad for Japanese accounts next month
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/switch-game-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-free-unlimited-play-1-11-august-via-nintendo-japan-3271973

It's for Online Subscribers, but in the past people have found that you don't need an Online sub to download it, and once you have an account with a Valid Online sub for a region (US/EMEA/Japan) the app isn't too fussy about whether you're in the region the offer was made in.

Just to lead off that, a reminder we are getting Mario Tennis Aces from Aug 7th to 14th as part of the same deal.

Also saw an ad that Argos are offering the €5 vouchers if you spend €50 or more and €10 if €100 or more until Aug 6th. So could be a way to justify picking up some Switch stuff over the next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ys VIII for €29.99 on eshop

I am very tempted even though Skyrim, Octopath Diablo 3 Fire Emblem and Mario Maker 2 are all untouched in my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Ys VIII for €29.99 on eshop

I am very tempted even though Skyrim, Octopath Diablo 3 Fire Emblem and Mario Maker 2 are all untouched in my backlog.

I played YS YIII on Vita and didn’t really enjoy it. VII was much better in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Any good Nintendo Console Switch Bundles available at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Any good pre-orders on Link's Awakening? Would like to get it day 1 if possible, I see Smyth's are doing it €59.99 with €5 off that for in-store collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Paulcon93 wrote: »

None, from what i can see, they are currently more expensive than they've ever been, my advice is to wait a few months, unless you really really want it now of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Paulcon93 wrote: »

I'd wait a bit for the new model to become more common, it's starting to trickle out now.

The new model has new box art as shown.

nintendo-switch-upgrade.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

I'd wait a bit for the new model to become more common, it's starting to trickle out now.

The new model has new box art as shown.

nintendo-switch-upgrade.jpg

Know of anywhere that is selling the new model?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Any good pre-orders on Link's Awakening? Would like to get it day 1 if possible, I see Smyth's are doing it €59.99 with €5 off that for in-store collection.

Base.com have it for 49 pounds. Who knows how that will translate to euro over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone unaware, Duck Tales Remastered is leaving all digital stores this week. I don't think it was released on Switch, but if you want it on Wii U, you need to get it now. It's currently on offer there at €4.94. And if you want it on another platform it's on offer there as well.
    And going by the wording, you may even need to download it as well, and not just purchase.
    Edit: the link says no need to download
    "Disc-based versions of the game will install and play normally, and if you’ve already bought the game digitally, you’ll still be able to re-download it even after it’s removed, too"

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1158797527241695233

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sound for that heads up. Slightly OT but it's €3.59 on Xbox store, compatible with both 360 and Xbox One if that's an option for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

€3.49 on steam as well, though I see comments saying there's problems with that version on the last level. Doesn't seem to be on offer on PS3, though it was given with Plus at one point.

I bought it on Wii U when on offer before and have the copy from PS Plus. I tried it once or twice and didn't get far

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I bought Duck Tales off the Russian Wii U eShop, I think I paid about €2.50, maybe €3. Like an infinite number of games I own, I've yet to play it. Might want to click on it, just in case there's an update needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had that for the Wii U. Great game.
    I had scrooge's office music as a ringtone on my phone for ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It's all about the Moon theme tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/fire-emblem-three-houses-switch

Good one here, Fire Emblem EU download code for €45.99 and you get 300 gold coins from Nintendo too - €3 back.

Just ordered myself and am currently downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great price. Damn it. :)

Looks to be around 12GB to download, BTW. And it's €55 on the ZA eShop, to put that price in perspective. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's a fantastic game. I'm about 15 hours or so in, and it's a lot of fun. Taking it easy on normal/classic mode, but next play, I'll go up a level. This mode isn't particularly challenging, but it's good to give an idea of the mechanics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rhyme wrote: »
    Base.com have it for 49 pounds. Who knows how that will translate to euro over the next few weeks.

It's £39.85 on Base. That's roughly €43 at the moment. The Collector's Edition is sold out in most places. Smyths don't have it available for in-store any longer but home delivery is still available(€80) and it's free, probably won't find it cheaper elsewhere either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement