Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Vasara 1 and 2 are due out today and can be preordered for half price (€4.99) (both games included, plus a widescreen re-imagining).
    They'll jump to €9.99 at some stage today, so grab them if you're a shmup collector (hi Cidey) :)

Review: https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/vasara_collection
    Download: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/VASARA-Collection-1613808.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Vasara 1 and 2 are due out today and can be preordered for half price (€4.99) (both games included, plus a widescreen re-imagining).
    They'll jump to €9.99 at some stage today, so grab them if you're a shmup collector (hi Cidey) :)

Download: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/VASARA-Collection-1613808.html

I'm buying waaay too much these days.
    This is the last one... Promise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Definitely gonna get Grandia great games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wired gamepads reduced to 15 in Argos, obviously not a replacement for an elite, but useful for multiplayer or for those who rarely play docked (like myself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Expect them to be €40 on the Euro eShop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i remember browsing game mags at the time the original came out and liking the look. I watched a vid though on the Switch port and really it doesn't look good. Apparently it's a port-of-a-port (ie of the PS port as opposed to the original Saturn version), and for the life of me it does not look good. If it resembled the Saturn original i'd be straight in on it, but the Switch version really does look inferior. Pity.

Bought Walking Dead got the last one in Blanch no Monster Hunter out there unfortunately. I'm tempted to get the pad in Argos but since I bought my switch six months ago I have only ever played hand held mode.

Walking Dead is good fun you do a quick q&a intro to set up your characters I got eaten in 90 seconds of starting so back to the drawing board. Definitely worth €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pro controller is 50£ on Amazon, if you missed the £55 quid joycons last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

They've already jumped on some regions such as SA!

Grabbed them after seeing your post, thank you.

Cost €3 as I'd some points I'd forgotten about and at that price, it would have been wrong not to buy them..... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

amadablam wrote: »
    They've already jumped on some regions such as SA!

Grabbed them after seeing your post, thank you.

Cost €3 as I'd some points I'd forgotten about and at that price, it would have been wrong not to buy them..... :D

Played them for the first time last night, a nice old school vibe from the primary two games, Raiden/Flying Shark type thing.
    And then the bonus of the endless, more 00's Under Defeat style game in there too.
    It all points to me needing a proper arcade stick ASAP!

I have a HDMI monitor up in the games room that goes vertical too, perfect for TATE mode shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I played Vasara 1 for a while this morning in bed. The bezels are ridiculous in handheld though. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more docked on a bigger screen.

I'd say Tate is the way to go if you can do it.

Yeah I played Vasara 1 for a while this morning in bed. The bezels are ridiculous in handheld though. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more docked on a bigger screen.

I'd say Tate is the way to go if you can do it.

I have the doohickey I got from a Kickstater, the Flip Grip.
    Acts as a dumb holder for the Switch in handheld mode, with the screen ina vertical orientation and the controllers in position too.

Here's a list of games friendly to the layout
    https://retronauts.com/article/946/the-comprehensive-list-of-flip-grip-friendly-vertical-games-for-switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Played them for the first time last night, a nice old school vibe from the primary two games, Raiden/Flying Shark type thing.
    And then the bonus of the endless, more 00's Under Defeat style game in there too.
    It all points to me needing a proper arcade stick ASAP!

I have a HDMI monitor up in the games room that goes vertical too, perfect for TATE mode shenanigans.

Have to admit, I am really enjoying it. A bargain too.

I've mainly played on the TV but it brings me back! That Raiden feel and I may buy a joystick too and a stack of old 10p coins :D

Ill convince myself to buy a cabinet set up, eventually! :rolleyes:

They seem to be dragging their collective feet with the original Raiden series a no show, not to mention the long list of great Cave shooters too.
    The machine is a great host for classic arcade titles, but there are a plethora of awesome games just awaiting porting ASAP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Neon Switch Console, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sushi Striker The Way of Sushido and Nintendo Labo Variety Kit for €335.86 delivered to Ireland. Just add them all to your basket and then go to checkout.

Edited. Sorry, a link would help - https://jeux-video.fnac.com/n409357/Bonnes-Affaires-Jeux-Video/Bon-plan-Nintendo-Switch-Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Sushi-Striker-Nintendo-Labo-160Euro

I am not 100% on this, but I think you can also add some other items and the shipping stays at €15. So could check out what other games are on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Suckit wrote: »
    Neon Switch Console, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sushi Striker The Way of Sushido and Nintendo Labo Variety Kit for €335.86 delivered to Ireland. Just add them all to your basket and then go to checkout.

You probably need a link to the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You probably need a link to the deal.

Yep, added one there thanks... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Grandia HD is $39 in the Canadian store, seems to be the best price for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Does anyone know if this place is legit?

https://www.leegamestore.com/IR/

Selling pro controllers for 48 euro. Amazon back to selling them at £55

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

wong wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this place is legit?

https://www.leegamestore.com/IR/

Selling pro controllers for 48 euro. Amazon back to selling them at £55

Wouldn't touch. Fake products I believe.

Source - https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/leegamestore.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

fixxxer wrote: »
    Grandia HD is $39 in the Canadian store, seems to be the best price for it?

That is where I got it, worked out at just under €36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Serial Cleaner looks an interesting little game, reduced to €1.49 from - allegedly - €14.99...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Serial Cleaner looks an interesting little game, reduced to €1.49 from - allegedly - €14.99...

its good craic to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Doodah7 wrote: »

Agreed. I dip in to it every now and then. Picked it up for €6 a few months back. Definitely worth it for €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I see Simplygames, The Game Collection and Base.com are doing Links Awakening for just under £40.

Anyone know which of these deliver the fastest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Guys Fire Emblem is sold out everywhere online as far as I can see, anyone see it in stock ? I'm not giving GameStop a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I see Simplygames, The Game Collection and Base.com are doing Links Awakening for just under £40.

Anyone know which of these deliver the fastest?

Spoke to someone who uses The Game Collection a good bit. They were full of praise. The website has great reviews online too. I ordered my copy the last day from them.
    I ordered from Base once or twice. Never for a preorder though. Delivery was usually less than 5 working days. Not sure how they perform for preorders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Spoke to someone who uses The Game Collection a good bit. They were full of praise. The website has great reviews online too. I ordered my copy the last day from them.
    I ordered from Base once or twice. Never for a preorder though. Delivery was usually less than 5 working days. Not sure how they perform for preorders

Depends on when they get stock. I've had Tuesday released games turn up the Friday before release from Base, usually it arrives a day or two after though.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Guys Fire Emblem is sold out everywhere online as far as I can see, anyone see it in stock ? I'm not giving GameStop a cent.

CeX in Tallaght have 2 for €55 each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I use TheGameCollection religiously as they have brilliant prices and their delivery on preorders is usually the day after release at the latest when to my home (Dublin) and sometimes the evening before release when it's to my parcel motel but generally day of release. Very seamless order system too. £2 delivery to Ireland and free to parcel motel (which itself has the €4 charge)

Can't praise them enough!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement