Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Argos currently have a lot of big Nintendo titles on a buy one, get one half price offer.
    Not entirely clear from the website what way it worked but when I added Yoshi & Mario Maker 2 to the basket, it knocked €25 off the price!

Super Mario Odyssey €54.99 + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (€52.99) €26.50 = €81.50
    Is that a decent price for those? €40 each roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mr E wrote: »
    If you've a few gold coins floating around on a US eShop account, this is a cracking deal...
    (Superbeat Xonic)

Edit: Ha! I had $0.91 in Gold Coins. Sweet. :D:D
    Just grabbed it through my browser.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1164570703661658112

Brilliant - I had $5 in my US account - Got
    • Superbeat Xonic - $0.89
    • Transistor - $3.99

Bastion is also on sale for $2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like Superbeat. I can see it getting hard quite quickly though! The soundtrack is great.

For $0.89, it was an absolute steal.

If you visit the eshop page for that game, there are some free DLC packs too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gamestop are doing a trade in offer where you can pre-order a game for a tenner if you trade in one game: https://www.gamestop.ie/gamescom

Could be handy for those wanting to get Astral Chain or link's Awakening in the next few weeks.
    I am trying to figure out which is better for my wallet.

If I trade in Monster Hunter Ultimate Generations, I can get either of those for €10?

Or does it mean, some games are €10 with certain trade ins, but some are €40?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Suckit wrote: »

If I trade in Monster Hunter Ultimate Generations, I can get either of those for €10?

No idea tbh, to me it looks like you should be able to get any of those games for a tenner. Will hopefully be able to nip in to the local GS and see what's what today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The trade credit on those titles is boosted to €50/60 against any preorders on the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So do i just preorder a game and then go in store to collect on the day with a trade in game from the list?

Or am i missing something?

And is it any game you can get the 9.99 deal on? I'm looking at Astral chain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote: »
    So do i just preorder a game and then go in store to collect on the day with a trade in game from the list?

yeah think so, i used it ages ago for nioh 2.

Ugh ive to pay full price up front and then try weasel the deal out of them?

Was hoping to pay in store with cash on the day.. :(

nix wrote: »

You need to trade the game in while the offer is on against a preorder, if you wait the list will change and the trade value will revert to the normal 50% of the new game.

• Advertisement

You need to trade the game in while the offer is on against a preorder, if you wait the list will change and the trade value will revert to the normal 50% of the new game.

So i need to go in store and sort it fairly soonish you mean? trade in game and pay the 9.99 and then go in with a receipt on the day and collect the game?

Sorry for all the questions im a noob to most things gamestop..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My understanding is go in this weekend with your trade ins, pay a tenner, then pick up your game on release.

My understanding is go in this weekend with your trade ins, pay a tenner, then pick up your game on release.

That's what I was hoping, and I am going to try. I have two brand new monster hunters in wrapper. I will definitely trade in one, maybe two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep that's more or less it.

Bring in your game and they'll boost the credit to €10 short of the preordered game. You can pay the €10 then or upon release.

Handy fact. You can trade a game in from the list and apply the €50 credit to a pre-order, return the next day and reapply the credit to an existing release.

Have done both of the above myself previously! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Buy One Get One 50% off certain Nintendo Switch Games

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=17666085031

would be all over this if Smash was on the list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Nice, might trade tales of vesperia and pre order links awakening. Haven't played ToV in months and would definitely get more use out of Zelda. Have more than enough JRPGs to keep me going

Handy fact. You can trade a game in from the list and apply the €50 credit to a pre-order, return the next day and reapply the credit to an existing release.

Have done both of the above myself previously! :)

How do I do that?
    I want to buy Mario Odyssey. Do I go in with Monster Hunter and ask for Link awakening, and then go back the next day and say I have changed my mind, I would like Odyssey?
    Or do they just give you €50 credit, but then why have to go back next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can confirm that link definitely works for US credit on the Switch even though it says WiiU/3DS only. My 6 year old who lives in a hotel in Alaska is now the proud owner of Xonic and Transistor. Capcom Beat Em Up bundle is only $12 on there too. Might buy another voucher...
    But I suspect another of my children is moving to Russia....

How do I do that?
    I want to buy Mario Odyssey. Do I go in with Monster Hunter and ask for Link awakening, and then go back the next day and say I have changed my mind, I would like Odyssey?

Mario Odyssey is on the buy one, get one half price offer. You'll get it and Mario Maker 2 for a great price on the offer.

How do I do that?

Sort of both. They'll give you €50 credit towards Links Awakening and you can move that €50 credit around :)

But yes, that's what you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Qeustion: I will be in Kerry for the weekend and not back before the 9.99 Gamestop offer finishes. If I bring in a game off the list and pre-order the new Zelda, do I have to collect it from the Gamestop store in Kerry or can I get it from my local one in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

What's the closing date for the offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

Will they take PS4 games for Switch preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

shawki wrote: »
    Will they take PS4 games for Switch preorders?

Yes.
    I preordered Mario Maker 2 back when they had an E3 promotion & they didn't charge me the tenner as the games that are traded in were valued at 60 + 10 as Gamestop values games at 70.
    I am not sure if this deal is the same one tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yes.
    I preordered Mario Maker 2 back when they had an E3 promotion & they didn't charge me the tenner as the games that are traded in were valued at 60 + 10 as Gamestop values games at 70.
    I am not sure if this deal is five same one tho.

Tempted to pick up the Xbox Cars 3 for €20 in Smyths and use that as my trade in.

shawki wrote: »
    Tempted to pick up the Xbox Cars 3 for €20 in Smyths and use that as my trade in.

No reason not to. I've bought games in Argos and walked straight upstairs to GameStop and traded it in. Guy who served me even said he knows people do it and why not.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    What's the closing date for the offer ?

25th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Just traded in God of war and persona 5 for ps4 for fire emblem three houses and pre ordered astral chain,just had to pay a fiver.
    Very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Links Awakening pre ordered for 9.99, sweet. Never pre ordered a game in my life before last month. Have Fire Emblem, Astral Chain and now this, there's just too many top notch titles coming out on the Switch :)

• Advertisement

rejkin wrote: »
    Just traded in God of war and persona 5 for ps4 for fire emblem three houses and pre ordered astral chain,just had to pay a fiver.
    Very handy!

So you can get fire emblem for a tenner? I might have to find a third game to trade!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement