Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So you can get fire emblem for a tenner? I might have to find a third game to trade!

Yep,just ask to trade in for a current game and they had no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

shawki wrote: »

Tempted to pick up the Xbox Cars 3 for €20 in Smyths and use that as my trade in.

Just did this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ok im having a bit of a brain fart,excuse me if im slow with my query! so if i trade in say mario odyssey,i can preorder Astral Chain and it will only cost me €10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Ok im having a bit of a brain fart,excuse me if im slow with my query! so if i trade in say mario odyssey,i can preorder Astral Chain and it will only cost me €10?

If it's on the trade in list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cotts72 wrote: »

Yep that's correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sort of both. They'll give you €50 credit towards Links Awakening and you can move that €50 credit around :)

But yes, that's what you do.
    Thanks, I'm not getting where the credit is but not to worry, have pints to be had. Last of the summer beers..

I exchanged monster hunter for €60 credit (it says on the receipt). I almost had Astral Chain Special edition, but it didn't seem possible (as it probably wasn't).
    But now I have Astral with €60 on my receipt, so I can go back in tomorrow and change my mind for mario odyssey?

Sorry for any confusion, it's all my own doing.. :o

Suckit wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm not getting where the credit is but not to worry, have pints to be had. Last of the summer beers..

I exchanged monster hunter for €60 credit (it says on the receipt). I almost had Astral Chain Special edition, but it didn't seem possible (as it probably wasn't).
    But now I have Astral with €60 on my receipt, so I can go back in tomorrow and change my mind for mario odyssey?

Sorry for any confusion, it's all my own doing.. :o

No bother, dont be silly. Yes you can go back tomorrow and ask to get Mario Odyssey and put that €60 credit to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Might try and do the trade in to get Luigi's Mansion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just to mention that I just availed of the Gamestop offer with a Brucie bonus! Traded in Crash Bandicoot Trilogy for Switch and it came up as €60 with the trade-in booster so the new Zelda was ‘free’!!

Happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know if they'll take a promo copy of a game as a trade? I bought it in CEX, its the full game with the proper cover but it has the promo disc rather than the usual disc art.

I know when I worked in Gamesworld/Gamestop (showing my age) it wasn't an issue but maybe things have changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If the box has a barcode shouldn't be an issue promo is full game after all.

So if you can swap the credit for another game, could you technically do it for hardware?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

deadl0ck wrote: »
    What's the closing date for the offer ?

The 25th of August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So if you can swap the credit for another game, could you technically do it for hardware?

Yes, better to get a game released next year and then cancel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ah FFS, pre-ordered DxM and Links Awakening just over a week ago using their trade in system, got €35 off both games, thinking I lucked out. Would have got more off if I waited a few days :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I know it's a long shot but im afraid to preorder anything too far out in case my nearest gamestop closes. Im worried they're going the way of HMV and Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Picked up marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and yoshis crafted world I think its called?.

For 55 pounds thanks to the buy one get one 1/2 price deal on amazon so for about 63 euros I picked up two games that I had my eye on for a while!!.

Also I am due to head on hoildays in a few weeks and that's my games sorted for plying by the pool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Similarly i had half an eye on mario maker 2 and yoshi and got them for €78.

Got Mutant road to eden, cities skylines, diablo and civ vi in the last few weeks. Need to start finishing them before buying anything new.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Both my games 'boosted up' on trade in so got the links Awakening and astral chain pre orders for essentially nothing! :D

Grabbed Battle Chasers:Nightwar for a tenner too while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

pcadhain wrote: »
    I know it's a long shot but im afraid to preorder anything too far out in case my nearest gamestop closes. Im worried they're going the way of HMV and Game.

Im in the same boat. So much closures with them lately in the US. Not looking good for them. I mostly shop in Smyths lately and occasionally online.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any trouble with trading both XBox One and PS4 copies of the same game? I used Fifa on Switch and Cars on Xbox to get Luigi's Mansion and Astral Chain since have the limited edition of Zelda ordered in Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone have any trouble with trading both XBox One and PS4 copies of the same game? I used Fifa on Switch and Cars on Xbox to get Luigi's Mansion and Astral Chain since have the limited edition of Zelda ordered in Smyths

They're counted as different games, no issue trading the same title on different platforms at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Im in the same boat. So much closures with them lately in the US. Not looking good for them. I mostly shop in Smyths lately and occasionally online.

Every single time I walk by my Gamestop it's empty, doesn't matter what time or what day, it's empty. Smyths and Argos really give them a hammering even though they're out of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Every single time I walk by my Gamestop it's empty, doesn't matter what time or what day, it's empty. Smyths and Argos really give them a hammering even though they're out of the town.

Smyths are regularly €5 to €10 cheaper on new release games. If anyone is doing any bit of research before buying a game it's a no brainer to avoid Gamestop. Which is a pity. Use to love going in there. But they've priced themselves out of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Traded in two copies of Cars 3 into GameStop.

Luigi’s Mansion & Pokémon Shield for €20 each!

Also picked Mario Kart & Mario Odyssey for €41 each in Argos.

All I need now is a Switch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Gamestop make their money off clueless parents on their childs birthdays and christmas, Gamestop rob them blind. It must be more lucrative for them instead of offering competitive prices.

The only bargains you get from them is trade in promotions as they make more money selling trade in games.

But yeah i think their running on fumes these days as parents aint as clueless as they used to be with tech and its easier/cheaper to shop off amazon :D

nix wrote: »
    Gamestop make their money off clueless parents on their childs birthdays and christmas, Gamestop rob them blind. It must be more lucrative for them instead of offering competitive prices.

The only bargains you get from them is trade in promotions as they make more money selling trade in games.

But yeah i think their running on fumes these days as parents aint as clueless as they used to be with tech and its easier/cheaper to shop off amazon :D

They make an awful lot of their revenue on their non-gaming stuff these days as well as console sales to a lesser extent.

No idea how long they'll stick around but can't see them shutting this side of Christmas. Hope they never shut though tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

They make an awful lot of their revenue on their non-gaming stuff these days as well as console sales to a lesser extent.

No idea how long they'll stick around but can't see them shutting this side of Christmas. Hope they never shut though tbh.

Aye i know, i dont think they can stay afloat though selling pops, considering you can get what their selling cheaper online. Id like to see them being more generous and sticking around, But seeing what happened to virgin/hmv, its just a matter of time before the digital service swallows them up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

£30GBP for €27.99EUR Gift card on CDKeys.
    So it's around €5 free credit
    https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/eshop-topup-cards/nintendo-eshop-card-30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought FIFA 19 in Smyth's for €20 yesterday started playing manager mode at 7pm was still playing it at 2am same now just lost another 4 hours playing it great fun. Haven't kicked a ball on it yet neither.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement