Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not sure but it looks like this would work with Parcel Motel
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=6&q=1865051
    Sonic Lost World for £17.97
    LoZ Wind Waker £29.97

Also, not a world beating price but Tesco Direct in uk (use parcel motel) have Pikmin for £25
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/gaming/games-bargains/cat13350049.list?catId=4294870553+4294864979&lastFilter=Type|Wii+U
    Edit : It's currently £22 on Amazon Prime, so unless you really hate paying for supersaver, this is actually a crap deal. Why did I bother posting it? Well, to answer that I have to tell you a long story involving a bag of Nachos and a yellow tshirt. It all began in my grandpappy's fishing boat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Allyall wrote: »
    What's their delivery times like?

This seems an excellent price

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Skull Edition £19.99 @ Grainger Games add €3.50 for Parcel Motel. Still seems a great price.

Be wary of buying from Grainger Games. They have a record of selling secondhand and unsealed games as new. I was stung by this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/xenoblade-chronicles/5058753

Comment from the seller.

"@rheumato hi had a look ur right but there out of stock for in all shops so argos dosent no wat there selling and any 1 that seen it wud of jumped on it cose it was going for so cheap thanks for the info but iv done my reserch on it and any1 nos how much dis game gose for those ppl were very lucky to get it at that price im sure you no wat dis game gose for im a game collecter and i now wats rare and hard to find im sorry i didnt see that sooner i wud off buyed the lot of them."

Really? €90? I hate people like this. I hope nobody buys it. You know what might have helped them? If they removed the sticker when they bought it from Argos. @r$€;H0L€$!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I think this sums up my thoughts:

3761e7718e84591bfa615e273afe1e9a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pushtrak wrote: »

haha... Yes. ...just yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

sligeach wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/xenoblade-chronicles/5058753

Comment from the seller.

"@rheumato hi had a look ur right but there out of stock for in all shops so argos dosent no wat there selling and any 1 that seen it wud of jumped on it cose it was going for so cheap thanks for the info but iv done my reserch on it and any1 nos how much dis game gose for those ppl were very lucky to get it at that price im sure you no wat dis game gose for im a game collecter and i now wats rare and hard to find im sorry i didnt see that sooner i wud off buyed the lot of them."

Really? €90? I hate people like this. I hope nobody buys it. You know what might have helped them? If they removed the sticker when they bought it from Argos. @r$€;H0L€$!!!
    If you look back through the sellers comments, it looks like he actually bought it for 50 quid on adverts from someone else touting it, so he didn't even pay the cheap price for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pushtrak wrote: »

Surely you mean Ingerisch?

Sunday indo has aldi spend 50 get 10 off
    Tesco take their competitors tokens
    Tesco sell 3ds games eg Zelda.
    The paper is 2.79 so its more like 7 quid off. Just buy a handful of groceries to get you over the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Banjo wrote: »
    The paper is 2.79 so its more like 7 quid off. Just buy a handful of groceries to get you over the line

that was like a busy at maths equation from primary school.

its Sunday banjo stop making me think!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Missed this but I wonder if they'd take them on eShop cards...:cool:

• Advertisement

The beauty of it being an Aldi token is that there are no ts and cs for things aldi doesn't sell :)

Alas, mine is spent on groceries so I can't investigate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

EDIT: elfy4eva is the winner

So i have some nintendo points I cant use, if someone wants them PM me and I will send you the Pin#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

EDIT: elfy4eva is the winner.

Very generous dude thanks a lot! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Very generous dude thanks a lot! :)

Hope you can get those playing cards or a charger with them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Super Mario 3D World currently £30 at Amazon.co.uk. Don't think I've seen it cheaper yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

ionapaul wrote: »
    Super Mario 3D World currently €30 at Amazon.co.uk. Don't think I've seen it cheaper yet.

Think you mean £30? (Still great value).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mass effect 3 is a tenner in xtravision right now. Awesome game if you haven't tried it yet!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

smokingman wrote: »
    Mass effect 3 is a tenner in xtravision right now. Awesome game if you haven't tried it yet!

If you can find an Xtravision that still sells Wii U games.
    Mine stopped selling them 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hellrazer wrote: »
    If you can find an Xtravision that still sells Wii U games.
    Mine stopped selling them 2 weeks ago.

I was in the one in Athy this evening and they only had it and Just Dance (39.99) for WiiU left. They did have a few more last week including that "Game of Champions" (I think that's what it's called - bad collection of minigames from what I remember) for a tenner as well.

If anyone wants, I could pick it up for them tomorrow evening and meet you somewhere on the M7/M50 South route.....'cause that's just the type of nice guy I am to my fellow Nintendrogues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

smokingman wrote: »
    I was in the one in Athy this evening and they only had it and Just Dance (39.99) for WiiU left. They did have a few more last week including that "Game of Champions" (I think that's what it's called - bad collection of minigames from what I remember) for a tenner as well.

If anyone wants, I could pick it up for them tomorrow evening and meet you somewhere on the M7/M50 South route.....'cause that's just the type of nice guy I am to my fellow Nintendrogues :D

What a gentleman.

• Advertisement

LoZ A Link Between Worlds 3DS - £26.98 from Amazon

Also they have Sin and Punishment Successor of the Skies for £8.03 (wii) fulfilled by Amazon. Schweeet

Finally getting around to my Mariokart Preorder.

Worth noting the following corrections to the table I posted a while ago :
    a: Game list the Wheel bonus as UK Only. As their price is not the best, it's a bit of a risk, unless you really want to earn Game Card points or fancy using Parcel Motel. Game charges £2.95 per order, PM charges €3.50 a go. Basically the same thing. Not sure which is quicker, but if you add a PM overnighter to the 1-2 days quoted for UK, it's still faster than the 3-4 quoted for Game's international shipping. Result!
    b: WowHD isn't on the list - they have it for €43 - the cheapest by a good €4, which you could spend on MacDonalds Happy Meal toys! Of course, if you want to play it this year, price isn't everything :)
    c: Base.com are now listing a Bullet Bill keyring bonus.

P.S. Am I the only one still checking to see if Clonmel or Dundalk can shift their last copies of the Xenoblade set? The Dundalk one goes out of stock every couple of days then comes back, as if some terrible fate befalls anyone who dares reserve it for collection....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

LoZ A Link Between Worlds 3DS - £26.98 from Amazon

Also they have Sin and Punishment Successor of the Skies for £8.03 (wii) fulfilled by Amazon. Schweeet

Sin and Punishment is a very decent game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

brianorb wrote: »
    Sin and Punishment is a very decent game.

Couldn't let Sin and Punishment go, i always wanted to play the original, and it will be my first by Treasure too.
    Great find, and great thread!

Courtesy of HUKD
    Call Of Duty : Ghosts - £17.99
    (Amazon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This thread is a dangerous place. How can it be that you have a few moments free to browse the Ninty forum, & five minutes later you've an order confirmation from Amazon...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Argos have a 2 for €62 on 3DS games. Not astounding value but still, €31 for Luigi's Mansion 2 ain't bad if there's another in there you want
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9031269.htm#tab3

The games are

Mariokart 7
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Mario Party Island Tour
    NSMB 2
    Super Mario 3D Land

They also have Inazuma 11 on DS for €8.99
    BEWARE! It's in a 2 for €28 deal due to it's original price - if buying it with DQ Monsters 2 or Pokemon Ranger something somethingelse you could get stung for a tenner more than you're meant to spend!

Kirby's Epic Yarn and LoZ Skyward Sword have dropped another €3 to €15.99. As has Other M but there are better deals for that online.

Just to advise anyone who got this, mine landed yesterday & it's a re-seal, it's not an official Nintendo seal. Further to that, the cover label looks as if it's been printed on a colour printer, & the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Consider these as disc only, in a generic Wii case with a diy printed label & resealed to be sold as new.

I've been refunded by Amazon, & am about to return the game. Pics here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057187035

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just to advise anyone who got this, mine landed yesterday & it's a re-seal, it's not an official Nintendo seal. Further to that, the cover label looks as if it's been printed on a colour printer, & the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Consider these as disc only, in a generic Wii case with a diy printed label & resealed to be sold as new.

I've been refunded by Amazon, & am about to return the game. Pics here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057187035

I got the exact same from a seller on ebay a few weeks ago (think the link was in this thread). Definitely the cover & manual were copies but the disc works fine so I was happy enough for the price I paid.

• Advertisement

I got the exact same from a seller on ebay a few weeks ago (think the link was in this thread). Definitely the cover & manual were copies but the disc works fine so I was happy enough for the price I paid.

Most people wouldn't have an issue with it at these prices admittedly, but as a collector, I want to know what I own is real & not a diy printed out jobbie. I'd happily pay that bit more for a real one...yeah, being a collector is a pain :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement