Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,681 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

More than being a pedantic collector, I'd be more irked with having supported a seller who engages in such shady practices. Not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm glad I didn't go for that offer with my limited funds now. Good man myrrdin for taking that bullet for me, your my very own Clint Eastwood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm glad I didn't go for that offer with my limited funds now. Good man myrrdin for taking that bullet for me, your my very own Clint Eastwood!

Ah it's no loss. Amazon are nothing short of excellent to deal with, I've been refunded before even sending the thing back!

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah it's no loss. Amazon are nothing short of excellent to deal with, I've been refunded before even sending the thing back!

Yeah they are great. Any issues I've had has been dealt with in an exemplary manner. But then they don't mind taking the hit, as long as we don't buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

not really a bargain but there's a Super Mario 3D World soundtrack up on Stars Catalog for 3000 stars
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?locale=en_GB

While I'm here, AC Black Flag, £18.23 fulfilled by amazon (ie SuperSaver if you can order 7-8 quids more stuff), or £14.93 + £4.02 from The Game Collection
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00BMRR65W/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Apparently the Wii U Ducktales redux is on sale, 50% off according to HUKD - anyone near a Wii U to check the european pricing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Myrddin wrote: »
    Most people wouldn't have an issue with it at these prices admittedly, but as a collector, I want to know what I own is real & not a diy printed out jobbie. I'd happily pay that bit more for a real one...yeah, being a collector is a pain :o

Did you contact the seller and leave feedback? Just curious to see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did you contact the seller and leave feedback? Just curious to see what they say

It was sold via an Amazon reseller, but 'fulfilled by Amazon', meaning Amazon are essentially the ones to deal with. I had a webchat with a rep this morning, advised them of the details, & I was refunded within a few minutes. I did ask if I was allowed to leave the seller feedback, to which the agent agreed I could, but curiously, the game isn't listed as something I can leave feedback for anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking through the seller's feedback, one person gave a negative review saying the Blu Ray wasn't in the case. Be curious to know if the case was wrapped as new, like yours

Just dance 4 on Amazon for £7. Has a more kid friendly line up than 2014 (daddy, when he says he's up all night to get some, some what? Uh... Juice, honey. He really likes juice)

Hukd steal http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/super-mario-3d-world-wii-u-27-98-delivered-zavvi-1877960

Mario 3d world for £27.98 / €34.75 o zavvi.
    Check your recent mail for a 'we miss you' discount mail before you order!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And beware of customs, a lot of people have been stung with Zavvi. There's a large beware thread in Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

And beware of customs, a lot of people have been stung with Zavvi. There's a large beware thread in Bargain Alerts

That's mad. I use them all the time and never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Oh meant to say I bought ducktales remastered last night on eshop for 50 % off. Think I paid 7euro. I think that's a bargain. I was gonna buy it on launch but had too many other things to play at the time so didn't bother. Glad I didn't now.

Think it's till April 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I picked up Resi Revelations on Wii U in gamestop for 20 new yesterday.

Luigi edition 3DS XL for £140 on Amazon

Looks like a good price based on CamelCamelCamel. Think the XL has been cheaper, and for the White one with Mariokart/land - this has no game. But it is covered in Luigis, so it's 6 of one, half a dozen the other :D

Also, Senran Kagura Burst on Base.com for £20 + delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop is apparently selling Wii U premiums preowned for €200. Add in the 20% discount you get if your a gamestop loyalty card owner, thats €160.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop is apparently selling Wii U premiums preowned for €200. Add in the 20% discount you get if your a gamestop loyalty card owner, thats €160.

Thats a great deal must say if you can get it, but it also makes me wonder how many WiiU's are in peoples home's under their telly and how many of the 6 million or so sold that are sitting in Gamestops or Games or Best Buys etc around the world not being used.

not a great bargain but the WiiU Pro Controller is £29.99 on amazon
    Edit : Damnitt, someone beat me to it on HUKD. :(

Anyway, these have been MUCH cheaper in Curry's (€20-22ish) but that was a year ago, haven't seen a good price on them since. Still haven't. But if you really want one you can save about £4 on one at the moment.

Senran has dropped to £17.99 on Amazon
    And while you're there, The Amazing Spiderman on WiiU is £14.89 from a Fulfilled by Amazon gang. It was about a quid lower last week but it's still a decent price. I loved Spidey 2 on the Wii, and if it's gotten rid of the awful control scheme from Spidey 3 on the Wii I'd be delighted to own it. So buy 2 copies and send one to me. Cheers!

Edit : Looking at HUKD, the SKB price is a price-match with Game, if you prefer to deal with them.

Hmmm.... Pocket Football has dropped off the Ninty store, must be for the introductory offer they were talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think my wallet needs me to unsubscribe from this thread. :(
    Nah feck it! Be graaaaand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Wind Waker has just dropped to £29.86 here on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Tesco are doing a clearance sale of video games at the moment. Think it may be just this holiday weekend?

I saw two 3DS games on the shelves: Pilot Wings Resort and that Tom Clancy strategy game, both €10. (Pretty sure Argos can do you Pilot Wings for a euro or two cheaper right now.) No Wii U titles. But plenty of interesting Wii and DS deals.

Picked up TLOZ: Spirit Tracks for €3. Dragon Quest VI for the same. Prof Layton & Pandora's Box for €5, the Golden Sun DS game for €10. Noticed Rhythm Heaven, Brain Training, Pokemon Rumble.

Wii titles on the shelves included Red Steel 2 for a fiver, Animal Crossing Wii for the same. I picked up Monster Hunter Tri for a fiver, even though I'm pretty sure I read that Nintendo put the kibosh on Tri's online functionality, because, well, it was a fiver, andIobviouslyhaveaproblem. The Lego Harry Potter games were there, and Rabbids Go Home, and um, let me think. Wii Sports Resort was there! The pack with the Wii Plus add-on. Wii Music. They were both a tenner, I think.

(I'm not going to mention that I nabbed what seemed to be the only copy of Metroid Prime Collection for €5, because that would just be insensitive.)

Plenty of PS3 and Xbox stuff there, too, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Manged to pick up 2 copies of Metroid Trilogy in Tesco Paul St. Cork, some amateur had tried to hide them behind the chick flick dvd's - schoolboy error:pac:

They also had Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS for £10, which seems a good deal.

Damnitt. All my local had on Friday was Walk with Me DS and some ps3 / Xbox stuff. Didn't think this was worth a mention. Congrats on the Metroids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Got 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy myself and 4 of The Last Sory as well as a rake of other stuff. Had to try a few stores. One store had the 3 MPT's. Don't think I'll sell them and if I do I wouldn't rip people off. Ebay yesterday had a couple of Irish members selling MPT for €85 and €95. That's disgraceful. Checked this morning and they've been removed.

I never thought to look at the DS stuff. Silly me.

Yeah the DS stuff is knocked down but not priced. I got two dragon quest games and two Pokemon one for 16 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mconnn

Hi,

If anybody has a spare copy of metroid prime trilogy to sell I would be glad to pay extra just not crazy price.
    Skipped the wii at the time but just got the wiiu and building up my wii collection.
    I know it is an ask but would be grateful.

Thanks
    mconnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah the DS stuff is knocked down but not priced. I got two dragon quest games and two Pokemon one for 16 quid.

Which pokemon ones did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sligeach wrote: »
    Got 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy myself and 4 of The Last Sory as well as a rake of other stuff. Had to try a few stores. One store had the 3 MPT's. Don't think I'll sell them and if I do I wouldn't rip people off. Ebay yesterday had a couple of Irish members selling MPT for €85 and €95. That's disgraceful. Checked this morning and they've been removed.

I never thought to look at the DS stuff. Silly me.

Give me one of those Metroid Prime and I will name my first two kids after you, for cost price of course. ;)

• Advertisement

Which pokemon ones did you get?

Pearl and diamond.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement