Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

M&L dream team £22 on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Metroid other M for 4 euro (pre owned) in cex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Allyall wrote: »

That's interesting on the Zelda price, that said I'm not getting it. It'd just sit on a shelf mockin me with others. Will sit tight yet. Hopefully by the time I have time to play it it'll be 20euro!

On Injustice, if anyone wants a fighting game I'd strongly recommend injustice in particular for a tenner. I play it the odd time for something different between story games if you know what I mean. Very enjoyable in short bursts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

That's interesting on the Zelda price, that said I'm not getting it. It'd just sit on a shelf mockin me with others. Will sit tight yet. Hopefully by the time I have time to play it it'll be 20euro!

On Injustice, if anyone wants a fighting game I'd strongly recommend injustice in particular for a tenner. I play it the odd time for something different between story games if you know what I mean. Very enjoyable in short bursts.

Had the brother over for a games night last night and was the first time I played Injustice competitively; hell of a lot of fun and better than Tekken for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

cloud493 wrote: »
    Metroid other M for 4 euro (pre owned) in cex.

€5 in Tesco and it's new.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    €5 in Tesco and it's new.

If you can find it sure.

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you can find it sure.

Loads in Coonagh Cross in Limerick, if that's any good to you.

Bleh why are all the good games nowhere near Dublin :( although I did get two copies of metroid prime trilogy so there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Not sure if it was mentioned but Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U in HMV Liffey Valley for €10

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Had the brother over for a games night last night and was the first time I played Injustice competitively; hell of a lot of fun and better than Tekken for sure.

ok now lets not be getting carried away here.

Tekken 3 and old Tekken Tag for me are two of the best fighting games to this day.

Imo Injustice is good alright but it doesn't hold a candle to those Tekken games.

I haven't played a recent Tekken game so I can't comment. They look nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

smokingman wrote: »
    ok now lets not be getting carried away here.

Tekken 3 and old Tekken Tag for me are two of the best fighting games to this day.

Imo Injustice is good alright but it doesn't hold a candle to those Tekken games.

Comparing a new 2D American-made fighting game designed for console release and supported by later DLC, to an old 3D Japanese-made fighting game designed for arcades (with a later console port) is a bizarre discussion neither of you guys are going to win.

It's like saying the new Mario game was not AS good as my 1999 summer holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Comparing a new 2D American-made fighting game designed for console release and supported by later DLC, to an old 3D Japanese-made fighting game designed for arcades (with a later console port) is a bizarre discussion neither of you guys are going to win.

Well that's just nonsense...it's clearly miles better

Mario Bros WiiU just €30 in Xtravision/HMV in Ennis.

Ah in fairness you're right. And to be honest these days I'm of the opinion just play what you like. You like Tekken play Tekken. You like Injustice play Injustice.

We're spoilt for choice really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ah in fairness you're right. And to be honest these days I'm of the opinion just play what you like. You like Tekken play Tekken. You like Injustice play Injustice.

We're spoilt for choice really.

We most certainly are not spoilt.

sligeach wrote: »
    We most certainly are not spoilt.

Not on the Wii U but on other consoles. I play most of my fighting games on PS2 to be fair with an old namco arcade stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Not sure if its a bargain but Tesco nutgrove have Pokemon pearl for €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

wilser wrote: »
    Not sure if its a bargain but Tesco nutgrove have Pokemon pearl for €5

They also have metroid other m for €10 on the wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Anyone know of a tesco that still has zelda Oot for a 5er.. in tipp but will travel

• Advertisement

Slim hopes of that at this point, but never say never - while there was nothing stellar, there was new stock in my local over the last few days for Wii and 3DS (Monkeyball 3DS, Splinter Cell 3DS, the first Skylanders for 3DS, Donky Kong Jungle Beat and Alone in the Dark for Wii) that weren't there the first couple of times I went through the racks around Easter. So just because you've checked your local doesn't mean you shouldn't take a 2nd or 3rd look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Banjo wrote: »
    Slim hopes of that at this point, but never say never - while there was nothing stellar, there was new stock in my local over the last few days for Wii and 3DS (Monkeyball 3DS, Splinter Cell 3DS, the first Skylanders for 3DS, Donky Kong Jungle Beat and Alone in the Dark for Wii) that weren't there the first couple of times I went through the racks around Easter. So just because you've checked your local doesn't mean you shouldn't take a 2nd or 3rd look.

Ugh, don't say that. I'm sick of Tesco's at this point & was hoping this was the end of all the madness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Register a copy of MarioKart 8 at Club Nintendo, and claim a download code for a free game:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/461476786455724032

Games to choose from:
    NintendoLand
    Wind Waker HD
    Monster Hunter
    Game & Wario
    Wonderful 101
    NSMBU
    Sonic: Lost World
    Sonic & Mario @ Olympics
    Wii Party U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Jesus, as though I wasn't already extremely tempted by MK8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Register a copy of MarioKart 8 at Club Nintendo, and claim a download code for a free game:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/461476786455724032

Games to choose from:
    NintendoLand
    Wind Waker HD
    Monster Hunter
    Game & Wario
    Wonderful 101
    NSMBU
    Sonic: Lost World
    Sonic & Mario @ Olympics
    Wii Party U

Sweet - might actually buy this now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wait a minute, isn't Pikmin 3 included in that list? That's what I was going to choose. It's definitely in the American promotion.

It is I just checked that link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup, here's the image:
    Bmd-sSHIEAA8T2a.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Clever Nintendo....

Holy crap!

Wind Waker here I come

Although, I already own 6 games on that list... I may have a problem...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Did nobody hear that the Wii U is dead in the water?

Anyway wind waker is locked in for me, never game that game the time it deserved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement