Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

sligeach wrote: »
    Wait a minute, isn't Pikmin 3 included in that list?

I had Pikmin 3 in the list but then I fired it too close to some water and it drowned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »
    Holy crap!

Wind Waker here I come

Although, I already own 6 games on that list... I may have a problem...

Ya only 5 are worth owning and it's a choice between Pikmin 3 or W101 for me. Pikmin 3 will hold its value better. I'll get W101 when it's hit rock bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

now that's an offer I can't refuse! Savage deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

zavvi have an offer 10% off preorders so £36 delivered. Obviously the risk of customs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Very tempted to get a Wii U now. One question where would I store the free game? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Can you order the mk8 bundle on amazon? Can't refuse this deal now.

This post has been deleted.

That link showing as £219 not £200. Still a good deal though

Turtwig wrote: »
    Very tempted to get a Wii U now. One question where would I store the free game? :o

On the hard drive.

theres a 10% off code to apply - TDX-JGCV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can you order the mk8 bundle on amazon? Can't refuse this deal now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Premium-Pack-Mario-Kart/dp/B00E4LGGY0

Or could go with the Premium bundle in Smyths for €224.99 with Nintendoland and get Mario Kart separate (59.99 with the blue shell)

Tesco direct posted to parcel motel for approx 250 euro using code above. I bought a tablet from them last week, arrived quickly. Presume the mario kart bundle is a download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Premium-Pack-Mario-Kart/dp/B00E4LGGY0

Or could go with the Premium bundle in Smyths for €224.99 with Nintendoland and get Mario Kart separate (59.99 with the blue shell)

Or you could get it with ZombiU from Oxendales? for €554.99 :eek::eek::eek:

That Tesco offer is a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

sweetie wrote: »
    Tesco direct posted to parcel motel for approx 250 euro using code above. I bought a tablet from them last week, arrived quickly. Presume the mario kart bundle is a download?

No I'm pretty sure it's a physical copy

Deano7788 wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure it's a physical copy

Yeah it is a physical copy, the Free game that you get when registering it, is a Download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

zavvi have an offer 10% off preorders so £36 delivered. Obviously the risk of customs though.

Is it a code or what?
    Already have my mk8 pre-order in with the hut i think, but I still haven't gotten smash :3
    How'd you manage to get PM working with them?
    I last tried around Christmas and they wouldn't accept the address at all.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Is it a code or what?
    Already have my mk8 pre-order in with the hut i think, but I still haven't gotten smash :3

How'd you manage to get PM working with them?
    I last tried around Christmas and they wouldn't accept the address at all.

Yeah it's on their website PREOFF10 I think

I spelled my pm number pmtwoonesevennine for Tesco

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Black Ops 2 is 12 euro on Game.co.uk preowned. Pristine condition when it arrived for me. Probably the best iteration of the Blops 2 imo

Anyone know do tesco take money from your account straight away or when it's dispatched? I'd order now if I knew it's not taken immediatly

Is there not a way of buying this from Tesco Ireland either online or in store? It's too bad that you have buy from the UK and worry about postage charges. I presume there'd be no import duties. I thought Tesco were meant to have a deal with Nintendo but I've not seen anything Wii U in store bar a few stores when it launched. It doesn't affect me as I have my Wii U but what about other shoppers in Tesco stores? I didn't see a single change since the Tesco deal with Nintendo.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I didn't see a single change since the Tesco deal with Nintendo.

Artane Tesco is the only Tesco I've seen any Wii U items in, in Dublin. They only have a few games, no console I saw.

Rayman Legends is €11.63 on Base.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah it's on their website PREOFF10 I think

I spelled my pm number pmtwoonesevennine for Tesco

My problem (I think) was my number is too long to put in text.
    Checking my account the end is "FOU" lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My problem (I think) was my number is too long to put in text.
    Checking my account the end is "FOU" lol

I think the Tesco site won't allow numbers when setting up your profile but you can add in your PM number at the payment stage when you select delivery/in store pick up as it allows you to modify the address and name fields.

I last ordered from tesco at Christmas, I can't really remember, but I think I entered my details like:
    In my name like this:

My NamePM1234

or

In the Address like this:

1A McKinney Rd PM1234
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Did I hear something about if you buy mario kart you get another game free or was j dreaming that?

If I was an actual thing I assume its digital download which I don't really want to do in fairness. MK will be a keeper. One for a boxed copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Allyall wrote: »
    Artane Tesco is the only Tesco I've seen any Wii U items in, in Dublin. They only have a few games, no console I saw.

Rayman Legends is €11.63 on Base.com

Don't even have a wii U yet and have jumped on this great offer. I'll have a game or two when I get it. Shipping was €1.67 to France what a deal!

Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheap wii U scart adapter (have an old TV none of this fancy HD business!) I know the wii I comes with all the cables for HD but I'm just using a regular RGB TV if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Don't even have a wii U yet and have jumped on this great offer. I'll have a game or two when I get it. Shipping was €1.67 to France what a deal!

Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheap wii U scart adapter (have an old TV none of this fancy HD business!) I know the wii I comes with all the cables for HD but I'm just using a regular RGB TV if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance!

I'd say you'll end up playing the bulk of your Wii U games on the gamepad if your telly isnt HD as it'll probably look a lot better on the gamepad.

Rayman Legends is excellent btw. I played it loads, need to finish it though. Stopped short due to other games getting in the way. Might give it a bash this weekend actually. A nice change of pace from Little Kings Story which I'm currently rocking through on the PS Vita.

The two mario games are superb as well if your looking for platforming goodness. The 2D one doesnt get the praise it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

I'd say you'll end up playing the bulk of your Wii U games on the gamepad if your telly isnt HD as it'll probably look a lot better on the gamepad.

Rayman Legends is excellent btw. I played it loads, need to finish it though. Stopped short due to other games getting in the way. Might give it a bash this weekend actually. A nice change of pace from Little Kings Story which I'm currently rocking through on the PS Vita.

The two mario games are superb as well if your looking for platforming goodness. The 2D one doesnt get the praise it deserves.

Yeah I'm going to get the premium pack with Mario Bros U and Luigi U

Then I'm gonna pick up Mario Kart 8 and Mario Land and that'll be me set for the next while at least!

• Advertisement

Shipping was €1.67 to France what a deal!

Are you in France?

If so, FNAC have a good offer on.

2 Wheels, a Keyring and MarioKart for €49.99 - Or the Collectors edition for €67.98.
    (Automatic reduction takes effect when you add them to the shopping cart)

Anyone thinking of doing it here, add €10 (i think) for shipping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement