Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

TheGameCollection has reduced shipping per item to £2

Assassin's creed III - £4.95
    ZombiU - £4.95

Both delivered for £13.90 (€17.02) - Which works out at €8.51 per game.
    or
    Both delivered to Parcel Motel for £9.90 (€12.12) + €3.50 = €15.62 - Which works out at €7.81 per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

wilser wrote: »
    Argos have rhythm thief for the 3ds @ €6.99, seems to get good reviews

Not as outrageous as Elite Beat Agents but defo worth a go at that price.

Boom Street for the Wii is on Amazon for £4.99 and qualifies for Free Super Saver Delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Allyall wrote: »
    Boom Street for the Wii is on Amazon for £4.99 and qualifies for Free Super Saver Delivery.

Several around dubln and elsewhere also in argos at €6.99.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2039134

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Hey guys quick one for ya. Where's the cheapest best deal on a wii U at the moment. Seen the mariokart bundle on amazon for £240ish. I'll be getting mariokart for it most likely so I might as well get it in the bundle as it also comes with a wii mote +. Is there anywhere doing it cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Best I can find is the Wii U premium + Lego City Undercover for 240 euro in
    Smyths, there only seems to be stock in the Jervis store. Since the MK8 bundle works out at 295ish euro, you could get the MK8 game seperately, then redeem your extra game. So that would work out at about 280-290 for 3 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

but does the normal Premium pack include a wii + remote? I thought it just had the wii gamepad with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Not sure if its a bargain at this stage but Tesco dundrum have the nintendogs pink ds lite pack for €50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

but does the normal Premium pack include a wii + remote? I thought it just had the wii gamepad with it?

As far as I know, none of the Wii U packs contain a Wii+ remote.

As far as I know, none of the Wii U packs contain a Wii+ remote.

I think the premium pack special edition Mario Kart Bundle does - But not sure if it is the same one that was available in Tesco's.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57679/mario-kart-8-wii-u-bundles-revealed/

screenshot_64298_thumb_wide610.jpg

But it's the only one I've seen. And the ZombiU pack had a Pro-Controller.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Back to Smyths, they have the Wii U Basic at 240 euro with Nintendoland and Wii Party U, which includes a remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »

I don't think their site is very reliable (or at least, hasn't been) for the Wii U.

http://checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=125012

Stock Checker has it as "Unknown Status", but anyone that has rang or called in, has been told that they don't have it at that price. Unless they've changed it..
    I have a friend of mine looking for one since he missed the Currys offer, and I've told him about smyths at least twice now, maybe more :D:o

He now probably wouldn't listen even if they really were doing them at a lower price.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I checked my local in Letterkenny and it has low stock. Not sure if they're the same price but the web price should be the instore price.

Banjo and Nitromaster were having a discussion over on the Mario Kart Blue Shell Bundle Thread about Hard Drives for the Wii U. I had this post to go there, but I thought it would better suited here, for anyone that is thinking of getting a Hard Drive to backup their Wii U games.

There's an article on IGN recommending the best drives to use with the Wii U. It's old, but I'd imagine would still apply.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/04/11/the-best-hard-drives-for-the-wii-u
    .....Because of the behavior of the console, Nintendo has a few recommended parameters for an attached hard drive. First and foremost, the manufacturer advises to use an A/C-powered desktop hard drive rather than a USB-powered portable drive or a solid state drive to ensure that adequate power is distributed and memory is accessed quickly. There are quite a few USB-powered drives that work just fine on Wii U (see the list below), but some high-end drives draw more power than USB 2.0 can provide. Next, the company limits the size of the external storage to 2 TB, so the console won't read any mega-memory monoliths (though Nintendo has promised that will change sometime in the future.) After narrowing down to a handful of hard-drive options, Nintendo has backed five of them for use: (1)Buffalo Drive Station Axis , (2)Seagate Backup Plus, (3)Seagate Expansion Desktop, (4)Toshiba Canvio Desk, and (5)Western Digital My Book. Nintendo doesn't guarantee that any of these specific drives will perform optimally on the Wii U, but they are all tested for success....
    I only checked on Amazon.
    1. Buffalo Drive Station Axis From £73GBP for 1TB
    2. Seagate Backup Plus From £59.02GBP for 1TB, and only £88.99GBP for 3TB
    3. Seagate Expansion Desktop From £55.79GBP for 1TB, and only £77.99GBP for 3TB
    4. Toshiba Canvio From £66.54GBP for 2TB, and only £74.98GBP for 3TB
    5. Western Digital My Book From £63.00GBP for 2TB, and only £82.99 for 3TB (Other WD My Books are available)
    They do go up to 4TB, but 3TB seems to be the best value, and I did also see the hack for playing Wii Backed up games, but I'll give that a miss.. (for now :) )
    Not sure which one I'm going to go for, but I think it'll be one of the Seagate drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

HDD discussion

Ugh, sorry to quote all of your post but this is just a major turn off for a lot of people, external HDD, extra plug socket needed, 32gb SD memory (which is fine for Indie and VC in my eyes tbh)

I hope to god at E3 they announce a Wii U with internal HDD of 500 GB or 1TB or even 2TB. Why are they so difficult! Sony and MS can do it for the past 7 years why can't Nintendo? Keep the price down, me hole :(

It is a bit of a turn off.. It would be better if they had left an option to put a hard drive in it or attached to it.
    I don't have enough sockets behind my TV/Router/Phone/TV Box/Wii U/Television Provider Box/Permanently unplugged Blu-Ray Player...

But, I'm still going to go for one of them... :D

Haha, well fair play to ya, I'll just stick with the 32GB and disc games until they get with the times of 6/7 years ago :)

I'll probably wait until I have a bit of extra cash to spend. But I do like the idea of playing the backups instead of the Discs..
    I had the Wii set up for all of the backed up games and loved it.
    It does seem mad that they didn't consider some sort of attachment casing or something that you could put a hard drive into.
    Anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

But I do like the idea of playing the backups instead of the Discs..

Can't do that on the Wii U, you can play downloaded games, or disc games, but can't play disc games from a backup on the HDD.

I'll probably wait until I have a bit of extra cash to spend. But I do like the idea of playing the backups instead of the Discs..
    I had the Wii set up for all of the backed up games and loved it.
    It does seem mad that they didn't consider some sort of attachment casing or something that you could put a hard drive into.
    Anyway...

Oh don't get me wrong, I had the same set up for my 'back ups' on the Wii, but the Wii was of prev gen at the end of the day, now the Wii U is on par/stronger that the ps360, games are much larger in size, hence they should have an internal HDD of some sort, very frustrationg to me.

Anyway I'm totally derailing the topic, I should rant in the 'Wii U dead in the Water' topics :pac:

Can't do that on the Wii U, you can play downloaded games, or disc games, but can't play disc games from a backup on the HDD.
    Ahh.. Didn't realise that. I won't be buying much downloadable games, or at least not the ones that can be bought in physical format.
    I've bought a few downloads, but not near 3TB worth.
    I did see a Wii U hack on youtube for Wii Games and a Hard Drive, but I won't be trying that.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I had the same set up for my 'back ups' on the Wii, but the Wii was of prev gen at the end of the day, now the Wii U is on par/stronger that the ps360, games are much larger in size, hence they should have an internal HDD of some sort, very frustrationg to me.

Anyway I'm totally derailing the topic, I should rant in the 'Wii U dead in the Water' topics :pac:

Yeah, the article states how big they are.. 21GB and 18GB etc..
    Anyway, seems that idea is out the window, ElDiablo rained all over my parade.. :p
    Can't play backups.. :o

Haha yeah, there was a hack done last year (Spring or Summer time) as far as I know, but Ninty sent out an update pretty quickly to block the hack for all live Wii U's out in the wild.

I'm pretty sure it will be hackable in about 3 years though, but god damn I love having disc games for the WiiU so I'm not bothered about that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Are we talking wii u or vwii mode?

You can play backups off a hard drive but only for Wii (original) games only.

However you would need 2 hard drives if you are using an external for Wii U downloaded games.
    One for the Wii U and one for Vwii mode.

You cant at the minute make 2 partitions on the drive for each mode-its all or nothing for Wii U.

Seen a link on Hotukdeals that the UK HMV stores are selling the Zelda Wii U bundle for £150, all Irish stores including Belfast and Newry are not doing this deal as they are under Hilco control, I think the UK stores are being changed to Irish style soon so this is their closing/changing sale. Bloody good deals to be had though, Batman Origins on 3DS is £5. Anyone with UK friends or family should snap these up if they can, better than the Tesco Mario Kart 8 deal imo.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-bundles-zelda-lego-hmv-149-99-1903356

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hi is this a good deal?

Nintendo Wii U Console & LEGO City Undercover Game for €239.99

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=143%2F2048

Inbox wrote: »
    Hi is this a good deal?

Nintendo Wii U Console & LEGO City Undercover Game for €239.99

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=143%2F2048

Yep, I think that's a fairly good deal. It has been cheaper (for a weekend or so), but I don't think you'll beat that price for a while.
    MK8 is coming out soon, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, X etc..
    The game sells for ~ €40 so that would bring the console down to €200ish.
    The same bundle is over €322 on Amazon (£262GBP) + Shipping (£7GBP).

3DS XLs have gone down some what in Argos today, the main one being that horrible Yoshi one for €187.49, hideous lime green colour. No free games though.

The Silver and the Red are €187.49 with Dead or Alive and Prof Layton Spectre's Call free.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/25696310/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7C14419738%7CNintendo+3DS%7C25696310/r_001/4%7CPrice%7C60+%3C%3D++%3C%3D+199.99%7C2.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

3DS XLs have gone down some what in Argos today, the main one being that horrible Yoshi one for €187.49, hideous lime green colour. No free games though.

The Silver and the Red are €187.49 with Dead or Alive and Prof Layton Spectre's Call free.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/25696310/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7C14419738%7CNintendo+3DS%7C25696310/r_001/4%7CPrice%7C60+%3C%3D++%3C%3D+199.99%7C2.htm

Why don't you shut your whore mouth and leave Yoshi alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement