Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

GrezzC wrote: »
    The time has come for me to get a 3DS. You lads seem fairly versed in the bargain market, any tips on where to look? Not getting an XL much lower than 180, I think I could do better. With a little help if it's going?
    The red 3DS XL is €187.49 in Argos I think.

On WiiU for around £150 too.

Over the last few weeks I've been thinking that I deserve a 3DS Xl as well. Preferably the Zelda gold/black one. :pac:

I was hoping this thread, bargain alerts, or hotukdeals would sort me out. The Yoshi model and the shocking pink one seem to be the cheaper Uk options and the only ones getting into €170 territory in the last while.

I had the Luigi special edition in my amazon cart for circa €180 last week but didn't pull the trigger.

How about pre-owned from Game? £99 and a 12 month warranty?

So maybe €125 via Parcel Motel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

druss wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks I've been thinking that I deserve a 3DS Xl as well. Preferably the Zelda gold/black one. :pac:

I was hoping this thread, bargain alerts, or hotukdeals would sort me out. The Yoshi model and the shocking pink one seem to be the cheaper Uk options and the only ones getting into €170 territory in the last while.

I had the Luigi special edition in my amazon cart for circa €180 last week but didn't pull the trigger.

How about pre-owned from Game? £99 and a 12 month warranty?

So maybe €125 via Parcel Motel?

I really don't like preowned stuff but that's just me.

Bear in mind you'll need to buy a charged separately as the 3DS XL doesn't come with one.

Other than that, that seems like a great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

The first Virtual Console DS title has popped up on the Wii U eShop: it's "Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training", and there's a launch discount of 100%. Cheers, Nintendo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

I really don't like preowned stuff but that's just me.

Bear in mind you'll need to buy a charged separately as the 3DS XL doesn't come with one.

Other than that, that seems like a great price!

I'm just hugely aware that there's a high risk a preowned portable console has seen many trips to the bog. Same craic with phones. Terrible practice.

Wouldn't shoot down 170 quid for the Yoshi one, not by any means! Huge Yoshi fan. Can you point me in the direction of that if you can recall there druss?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

closer to 190 but can't see it anywhere cheaper at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3Q1FS2/

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    closer to 190 but can't see it anywhere cheaper at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3Q1FS2/

Cheers! Also that Luigi one... I'd say that's an investment but a steep one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

The first Virtual Console DS title has popped up on the Wii U eShop: it's "Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training", and there's a launch discount of 100%. Cheers, Nintendo!

Where did that come from???

And I was just about to go to bed...:P Hope they have steady updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Dr. Kawashima Brain Training is Free on the Wii U until the 10th of July.

I don't have a link for it, just go to the eshop and search Dr. Kawashima.

It's on the front page of the eshop, just scroll down a little :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Looks like Tekken Tag Tournament Two is a Tenner on the Tii-U TeShop
    (in sterling, so I'd expect about €14.99 over here. Worth bearing in mind that HMV were selling it for that price on disc not long ago and probably still are if you can find it and prefer to have a box)

It's worth playing if only for the hilariously american Irish girl in it. If like me you're new to the series you might find the huge array of characters on offer a little off-putting since none of them apart from cheetah-head-man are terribly memorable. And all of them have these complicated intertwined histories explained in their little biographies that make no sense. It feels like DOA (which I've only played on the 3DS) with no boob physics but possibly more satisfying combat. Didn't play long enough to find out.

GrezzC wrote: »
    I'm just hugely aware that there's a high risk a preowned portable console has seen many trips to the bog. Same craic with phones. Terrible practice.

Wouldn't shoot down 170 quid for the Yoshi one, not by any means! Huge Yoshi fan. Can you point me in the direction of that if you can recall there Alan?

I share your concern, and I'm still leaning towards buying a new one. To quote from the Game text on refurb products;
    "Our consoles are cleaned and refurbished by our team of technicians, eliminating any dust, damage or trace of the previous owner."

I'll take it that is polite talk for "no inexplicable hairs, we promise!".

The Yoshi model actually went under €160 at one stage on Amazon. I was waiting on a voucher and missed it.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-Handheld-Console-3DS-XL/product/B00I9X4DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    Dr. Kawashima Brain Training is Free on the Wii U until the 10th of July.

I don't have a link for it, just go to the eshop and search Dr. Kawashima.

It's on the front page of the eshop, just scroll down a little :o.

If you have automatic updates switched on, you'll find it already installed on your system as was my case. Would prefer if they gave something like Zero Mission or Minish Cap but a free game is very nice any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They can't give Minish Cap away free - it was an Ambassador game.

Actually fair balls to Ninty for keeping the Ambassador games exclusive for this long, they were pretty much the cream of GBA titles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I think us Wii U owners deserve Ambassador games. Especially launch day owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I share your concern, and I'm still leaning towards buying a new one. To quote from the Game text on refurb products;

I'll take it that is polite talk for "no inexplicable hairs, we promise!".

I got a DS Lite off Game in Derry and I can confirm it wasn't clean. Could tell it was a kid or a careless adult who owned it from the engrained crumbs and smudges

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think im finally gonna get a 3ds and braverly default very soon :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I got a DS Lite off Game in Derry and I can confirm it wasn't clean. Could tell it was a kid or a careless adult who owned it from the engrained crumbs and smudges

...and that's the end of that chapter.:eek:

On the other hand, my Wii U has become the object of our toddlers affections, so I have to live with smudges. She keeps starting up Mario Kart and reversing around the track laughing like a loon. And it took me a while to figure out that she was shouting "Seeeeeeeega!" at me from her perusal of Sonic Racing. So far, so cute.

On the other hand. Smudges. Everywhere, Random deletions of Rayman, Zelda, Netflix and YouTube apps can all be pinned on the obvious culprit. She tried to call some of you people using the chat yoke. I'm parental locking the yoke up a few notches.

. She tried to call some of you people using the chat yoke. I'm parental locking the yoke up a few notches.

One of the funniest things I've ever read. "What's the story, are we doin this tourney or what? Ready to get stitched up aye?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

...and that's the end of that chapter.:eek:

On the other hand, my Wii U has become the object of our toddlers affections, so I have to live with smudges. She keeps starting up Mario Kart and reversing around the track laughing like a loon. And it took me a while to figure out that she was shouting "Seeeeeeeega!" at me from her perusal of Sonic Racing. So far, so cute.

On the other hand. Smudges. Everywhere, Random deletions of Rayman, Zelda, Netflix and YouTube apps can all be pinned on the obvious culprit. She tried to call some of you people using the chat yoke. I'm parental locking the yoke up a few notches.
    tell the truth you are brutal at mariokart and keep reversing... blame the kids sigh we have all done that at some stage lol

tell the truth you are brutal at mariokart and keep reversing... blame the kids sigh we have all done that at some stage lol

It's a totally valid concern for my online stats and prestige! :o

To be fair, she normally gets bored and exits before a game gets anywhere near to completing. I think Smash Bros is introducing some additional community rules to stop the likes of her.

To be fair, she normally gets bored and exits before a game gets anywhere near to completing. I think Smash Bros is introducing some additional community rules to stop the likes of her.

That's adorable haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think im finally gonna get a 3ds and braverly default :D

Took you long enough ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    Took you long enough ;)

Cant argue with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

my son is just turning 5 and Mario mad... kids are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

my son is just turning 5 and Mario mad... kids are awesome.

Same boat here; bedtime stories usually involve a request for 'Mario and smokingboy were walking down the road when...' And he pretty much makes up the main plot points by himself while I fill in the detail. He prefers Luigi though.

All these kids stories... Ah you'd be mad not to Aww your head off haha :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »

Should probably avoid a preowned Trance Pack for the Dreamcast then... You never know where it's been, or how far inside it's been...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Should probably avoid a preowned Trance Pack for the Dreamcast then... You never know where it's been, or how far inside it's been...

Don't be disgusting :pac:

In 2008, I sold my original Wii to Game cos Gamestation and Cex and HMV wouldn't take it, cos it had a few chunks missing out of it, the flaps over the gamecube controller and memory card ports were gone, it was kinda dirty, and I was missing the component cable. So I wouldn't buy a preowned console from there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

toki tori 2's 2 or 3 euro on the wii u eshop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

/\/ollog wrote: »
    €2.99 and bought.

Thanks, was looking for something like this.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

/\/ollog wrote: »

Try saying that ten times fast! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement