Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Amy teehee

Cheapest Wii U I can find at the moment is 290 for the WWHD bundle... I've seen old old bargains on here for under 200 though, anyone know of any current such deals right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Amy teehee wrote: »
    Cheapest Wii U I can find at the moment is 290 for the WWHD bundle... I've seen old old bargains on here for under 200 though, anyone know of any current such deals right now?

Wii U Console - Premium Pk + Lego City Undercover €240 in Smyths

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console-Premium-Pk--Lego-City-Undercover-!132267-prd.aspx

hm yeah that second one looks good... So if I get that and mario kart 8 for 295ish I'll have the console + 3 solid games + 2 crap games + free download of Wind Waker? That's defo good value, right? I doubt I'll get any better than for a long long time, right?

Is the pro controller yolk essential stuff for the likes of batman and zelda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hm yeah that second one looks good... So if I get that and mario kart 8 for 295ish I'll have the console + 3 solid games + 2 crap games + free download of Wind Waker? That's defo good value, right? I doubt I'll get any better than for a long long time, right?

Is the pro controller yolk essential stuff for the likes of batman and zelda?
    imo the pro controllers are nice but in no way essential the gamepad is as cool as santas sleigh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

it's gone up by a quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

garyegt wrote: »
    been thinking about getting this, is it worth it? do you need to have played 1 and 2 first?

I would say that yes you would. There is so much backstory that a lot of what happens in the third game won't have the same impact on someone new to the series as it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

garyegt wrote: »
    been thinking about getting this, is it worth it? do you need to have played 1 and 2 first?
    I would say that yes you would. There is so much backstory that a lot of what happens in the third game won't have the same impact on someone new to the series as it should.

I havent played it yet. Got it for a tenner on zavvi months ago. Seemingly theres a comic strip type summary of the first two games where you get to make some decisions etc..

More than likely not the ideal way to play it but at the same time from what I've heard it not essential to have played the first two because of this.

Personally I wont be playing the first two as I just dont have time. The idea of getting a bit of backstory and then going into the third straight off suits my time constraints. Otherwise I'd not get a chance to experience the Mass Effect game/s at all which by the sounds of things would be a shame.

All of that said it'll be a while before I get a chance to give it a go. Zelda Windwaker is top of my adventurey/rpg'y games list at the moment.

I'll get an hour or so on the Wii U tonight actually. So its MK8 or Zelda. Decisions, Decisions! First world problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I havent played it yet. Got it for a tenner on zavvi months ago. Seemingly theres a comic strip type summary of the first two games where you get to make some decisions etc..
    I got it a while ago also, and still haven't got around to playing it.
    I didn't know about the comic strip type summary (thanks).

My Nephew also bought it on the Xbox and he loved it, definitely never played the first two. I'd imagine the majority of younger gamers never played the first two, so it probably isn't a necessity.
    On another note, it gets excellent reviews everywhere I have heard/seen it mentioned. I'm looking forward to getting around to it.

Allyall wrote: »
    I got it a while ago also, and still haven't got around to playing it.
    I didn't know about the comic strip type summary (thanks).

My Nephew also bought it on the Xbox and he loved it, definitely never played the first two. I'd imagine the majority of younger gamers never played the first two, so it probably isn't a necessity.
    On another note, it gets excellent reviews everywhere I have heard/seen it mentioned. I'm looking forward to getting around to it.

Yeah its one I'm looking forward to also but at the same time I'm not rushing into it as its a big one. I think you need to be in the right mindset before setting out on an epic adventure like this one seems to promise. I'm just not getting the game time in a row to feel like I could give it the time it deserves. In fairness Mario Kart has ruined the little game time I'm getting lately. I'm only about 10hours in to Deus Ex and about an hour or so into Zelda. I'm not starting anything else until I'm done with those two. Thats only on the Wii U. Xbox live gave us Street Fighter 4 this month and I'm really enjoying it tbh.

Bottom line is time is just not there for me at the moment. With another sprog coming in the coming months I cant see that getting any better. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

GrezzC wrote: »
    I'm just hugely aware that there's a high risk a preowned portable console has seen many trips to the bog. Same craic with phones. Terrible practice.

Wouldn't shoot down 170 quid for the Yoshi one, not by any means! Huge Yoshi fan. Can you point me in the direction of that if you can recall there druss?

Yoshi price is holding its own.

On the other hand Luigi Special Edition (Nintendo 3DS XL) has decreased from £193.20 to £139.99 So maybe €175?

Tempted, if i hadn't gone a bit stir crazy with the Steam sale.

(And now appears to be gone?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Base.Com seem to have gone a little mental on the WiiU front :
    LEgo Movie Game - £18.99
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/the-lego-movie-videogame-wii-u/dgc-lgmvwiiu.htm

Skylanders Giants - £19.99
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/skylanders-giants-starter-pack-wii-u/dgc-84437ef.htm

All the usual suspects (ZombiU, Sonic, AC3 etc) are in there too but nothing you haven't seen before pricewise.
    Remember you pay postage from these guys.

Edit :
    Antibargain of the week:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CHHKJGY/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AWZRXJA6XRSRV
    Lego Marvel Superheroes on WiiU for £5000 sold by NextDayEntertainment and fulfilled by Amazon. It's not the free minifigure edition. Presumably, that costs extra....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just got the lego city Wii u console and game
    Physical games - zelda, Sonic, mario kart 8 plus the download game and a screen protector pack in gamestop for 329.99

keithgeo wrote: »
    Physical games - zelda, Sonic, mario kart 8 plus the download game and a screen protector pack in gamestop for 329.99

Welcome to the Wii U club. You won't regret it. I got mine October last year and I was concerned at the time everyone called me crazy but it was by far the single best purchasing decision I've made in a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »

Gone up to £55.01 - I was going to buy it and looking forward to it, but then saw it in Smyths for €14.99... I'm not even sure how the games are played.. :o or what they're like.

...But I forgot to CheckSmyths.com, and took it for granted I'd grab one later. :(

Smyths website can be very frustrating.. (Especially if you forget that)

Mario Kart was 40 euro new? Where?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mario Kart was 40 euro new? Where?

It's a deal in GameStop, buy a Wii-U and get any new game for €40.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It's a deal in GameStop, buy a Wii-U and get any new game for €40.

Must be over, I don't see it anywhere on the website...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Must be over, I don't see it anywhere on the website...

Not on their website, in store only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't know if I'd call that a deal if you have to spend €300 first. I got MK8 new and sealed myself without any catches for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd call that a deal if you have to spend €300 first. I got MK8 new and sealed myself without any catches for €40.

Where did you get it for that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't think that'd be of much use to anyone without a Wii U...so the buy a console & get a cheap game is of course a deal for those without the console to begin with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You could say that about every offer that comes with any console purchase...

But €40 brand new with no catches is good if you already have the console, where did you get it at that price?
    Myrddin wrote: »
    I don't think that'd be of much use to anyone without a Wii U...so the buy a console & get a cheap game is of course a deal for those without the console to begin with.

Exactly. It's an extra incentive to tempt folks to buy the console.

It was in Gamestop in the Square. Pretty decent deal for the lot, i would have prefered another game to sonic racing but the other games on the deal where Fifa and Mario but Mario was out of stock.

Chanced my arm trading in Sonic in Smyths in naas, trying to say my son got it twice for his birthday, but they wouldnt give me full price on it only 12 euro store credit for trade in haha.. Ive got away with that a few times before but just got the wrong person behind the counter on the day.

It was in Gamestop in the Square. Pretty decent deal for the lot, i would have prefered another game to sonic racing but the other games on the deal where Fifa and Mario but Mario was out of stock.

Chanced my arm trading in Sonic in Smyths in naas, trying to say my son got it twice for his birthday, but they wouldnt give me full price on it only 12 euro store credit for trade in haha.. Ive got away with that a few times before but just got the wrong person behind the counter on the day.
    probably the wrong place to post that seeing as the software counter manager in smyths naas is a boardsie and uses this forum.... as the fella says your cards are marked :D

Dont really mind, I used to do it a lot years ago when i had a gaming website with review games when i got them sent out to me. Havent done it in ages until the other day. Im sure they knew anyways what the deal was in gamestop, i cant be the only one doing it.

Dont really mind, I used to do it a lot years ago when i had a gaming website with review games when i got them sent out to me. Havent done it in ages until the other day. Im sure they knew anyways what the deal was in gamestop, i cant be the only one doing it.
    ah he is sound mate gives me discounts etc im only winding you up he wont care ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ah he is sound mate gives me discounts etc im only winding you up he wont care ;)

He needs to seriously think about setting up a Boardsie discount/loyalty scheme

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement