Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

O_O

Second hand?

Yes it was secondhand but it was practically new. It was only a few months old and had barely been used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

€240 is definitely a bargain, sligeach just got exceptionally lucky with the bargain they found!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nippon Yasan had the black pro controllers back in stock this morning, but they sold out pretty quickly.
    They still have some white controllers as they don't sell as quickly.

It may be worth to check randomly. I could've nabbed a couple of black controllers this morning, but I didn't have time.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/551-nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan

Also, if anyone is looking, the Yoshi and Peach Wii Remote Plus' are on CDJapan for €26 + shipping (€3.60) (per controller)

That's €57.20 for both delivered, or €60.15 if you'd prefer registered post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yoshi 3DSXL €175 in Argos at the minute, €50 off the normal price. Think it was €190 when I picked mine up, lovely version of the console imo and a bargain for anyone thinking of getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yoshi 3DSXL €175 in Argos at the minute, €50 off the normal price. Think it was €190 when I picked mine up, lovely version of the console imo and a bargain for anyone thinking of getting one.

I still have no idea why the Yoshi game does not come with this Yoshi 3DS. So for me, I wouldnt bother getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I still have no idea why the Yoshi game does not come with this Yoshi 3DS. So for me, I wouldnt bother getting it.

Still a great price though. I'm tempted but have too much goin on with Wii U, 360 and Vita at the minute. I bought buckets of games in that xtravision sale to stop me buyin a PS4.

Well you could always use the €50 you've saved to buy the game, although from what I've read and seen, I wouldn't bother with it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I really want a PS4, nearly got one last week but I know I wont play it for at least another year. Yeah the TLoU is coming to is but so are 100's of other ps3 games.

I jumped head first into the Wii U at launch, I learnt my lesson with it, so I will wait 2 years before I get a ps4. Still have a massive back log for the 3DS, Wii U, Wii, PS3 and Vita.

Wii U is just amazing now. Thinking of picking up Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition tonight with my free vouchers from the NNP.
    Well you could always use the €50 you've saved to buy the game, although from what I've read and seen, I wouldn't bother with it.

Haha, yeah, I'll wait till I can pick it up for €5 in a Tesco sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well you could always use the €50 you've saved to buy the game, although from what I've read and seen, I wouldn't bother with it. :)

It's supposed to be a disappointment alright, better to count your lucky stars and buy a second hand copy of Yoshi Touch 'n Go instead!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's supposed to be a disappointment alright, better to count your lucky stars and buy a second hand copy of Yoshi Touch 'n Go instead!

If I didn't have them then I'd sooner get Yoshi's Island DS or better yet the Snes original (or GBA version).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 chenhao_89

Just let you guys know amazon.co.uk is selling Luigi's Mansion 2:Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS) for £20.10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I spent ages waiting for on a price drop. Last weekend I had some good news and celebrated by splurging on the Zelda 3DS XL. Goddamit, near €60 of a difference! (Although the Zelda one is lovely and does have a game with it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I didn't have them then I'd sooner get Yoshi's Island DS or better yet the Snes original (or GBA version).

Which is available from the Eshop?
    Is it Yoshis Island or the GBA version?
    Hoping it's the Snes original.

But it is a lovely looking edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's the GBA edition, sadly!!!

One Piece Unlimited World Red Straw Hat Edition is £33.99 (€42.75) @ Game.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-straw-hat-edition-289821

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pokemon Black and White are €10 in Argos if you missed them in the recent Tesco bargain bin sweeps.
    Also, Solatorobo, which I've heard is decent, has dropped to €3.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14419807/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|14419738|Nintendo+DS|14419807/r_001/4|Price|0+%3C%3D++%3C%3D+9.99|2.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Banjo wrote: »
    Pokemon Black and White are €10 in Argos if you missed them in the recent Tesco bargain bin sweeps.
    Also, Solatorobo, which I've heard is decent, has dropped to €3.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14419807/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/2|14419738|Nintendo+DS|14419807/r_001/4|Price|0+%3C%3D++%3C%3D+9.99|2.htm

Are Pokemon Black and White definitely €10 in Argos? Can't find them on the website.

Edit: I'm blind, sorry :pac:

Don't search for "Pokemon", they don't show up. It's weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Last weekend on Zavvi Maga monday i picked up Mario Kart 8 for 35 euros extremely cheap so i desisted to get 2 copys of it as CEX still give 35 euros trade for it so a extra free game for notting you cant go wrong cant you ?

So 3 games for the Wii U for 35 euros is a deal and 1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Last weekend on Zavvi Maga monday i picked up Mario Kart 8 for 35 euros extremely cheap so i desisted to get 2 copys of it as CEX still give 35 euros trade for it so a extra free game for notting you cant go wrong cant you ?

You could get hit for customs though

• Advertisement

You could have told us? Instead you were greedy and are bragging about said greed. Thanks. ;)
    sweetie wrote: »
    You could get hit for customs though

I wouldn't have thought so, we're both in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sligeach wrote: »
    You could have told us? Instead you were greedy and are bragging about said greed. Thanks. ;)

I wouldn't have thought so, we're both in Europe.

Zavvi maga Monday news later in your email every Sunday will help you on that stuff it's there weekly offer that I would think must know about ...

No you can all depends really if your lucky or not and customs are hitting stuff at the moment the way to get around this is use Parcel motel and send it to the north

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not sure If this was posted before, but I got mario bros for 30 in hmv, that's the cheapest I've seen it in shops or online. They also had assassins creed 3, Tekken, mass effect 3 and batman armoured for 15 each.

The €15 (€10 for second hand) deals have been on for a while and stock is spotty - which HMV did you get them in?

Re: Zavvi - they ship from Channel Islands and are eligible for getting VAT-stung

Also, there were anecdotes on Reddit (in the US at least) suggesting that redeeming 2 game codes against the same account caused problems. I don't see how personally, but I'm not about to test it on my account to find out :D

Game & Wario is £15 on Amazon UK and Qualifies for Free Super Saver Delivery (But dispatch is 2-3 weeks.)

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the DS is in Argos for €6.49

Disney Infinity Wii U £26.00 on Amazon.
    Not quite as good as the £35 deal with an additional playset included but if yo8u get the Lone Ranger set from Game for £10 - which is apparently the best playset and includes an incredibly handy turn-into-a-bird power for toybox - you're laughing.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Not sure If this was posted before, but I got mario bros for 30 in hmv, that's the cheapest I've seen it in shops or online. They also had assassins creed 3, Tekken, mass effect 3 and batman armoured for 15 each.

Any word on Pikmin 3? I thought I heard they'd reduced it to €20 or €25. Do you know if that's true?

sligeach wrote: »
    Any word on Pikmin 3? I thought I heard they'd reduced it to €20 or €25. Do you know if that's true?

Yeah, and it sold out super-fast.. I went to purchase it and it was gone.

http://www.dealspwn.com/pikmin-3-2000-game-wii-177559

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Hey lads,

Could anyone tell me the best deal available for a wii u with the wind waker please?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Buy Mario Kart 8 in Smyths for €55, register the code and get Pikmin 3 and trade the Mario Kart into CeX for €35 cash, presto Pikmin 3 for €20.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement