Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Buy Mario Kart 8 in Smyths for €55, register the code and get Pikmin 3 and trade the Mario Kart into CeX for €35 cash, presto Pikmin 3 for €20.

No I want a retail copy. If Nintendo hadn't released the Wii U with such a gimped, small harddrive I wouldn't mind downloading it but alas.

GAME had Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 for £20 each. Started today, sold out within about an hour. So unfair that I missed out. Still these games are coming down in value quickly as of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    No I want a retail copy. If Nintendo hadn't released the Wii U with such a gimped, small harddrive I wouldn't mind downloading it but alas.

GAME had Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 for £20 each. Started today, sold out within about an hour. So unfair that I missed out. Still these games are coming down in value quickly as of late.

Sold out in about 20 minutes.. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Banjo wrote: »
    The €15 (€10 for second hand) deals have been on for a while and stock is spotty - which HMV did you get them in?

I got them in store in liffey valley. They where new games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Disney Infinity Wii U £26.00 on Amazon.
    Not quite as good as the £35 deal with an additional playset included but if yo8u get the Lone Ranger set from Game for £10 - which is apparently the best playset and includes an incredibly handy turn-into-a-bird power for toybox - you're laughing.

€30 in Smyths. Also the playsets are €15 each in Smyths and the individual characters have buy 2 get 1 free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Your right, it was going off topic. Back on topic, I collected Dragon Quest VI & IX from Argos for a more than reasonable 14 euro for the two. Thanks to whoever posted the links, I think I saw it on this thread somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

abbir wrote: »
    €30 in Smyths. Also the playsets are €15 each in Smyths and the individual characters have buy 2 get 1 free.

Must pick up the Lone Ranger set so, I'm amongst the few who really enjoyed that movie.

Base.com are having a Disney Infinity Clearance Sale

Although some or all may be cheaper on Amazon and qualify for Free shipping.

EDIT -

None of those sets or figures in Smyths seem to be available (again). It seems to be another case of either automatically applying the same price change from the UK site to the Irish one, or they are useless.
    http://www.toys.ie/Disney-Infinity-!WSCAT175-subcat.aspx
    http://checksmyths.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Allyall wrote: »
    None of those sets or figures in Smyths seem to be available (again). It seems to be another case of either automatically applying the same price change from the UK site to the Irish one, or they are useless.
    http://www.toys.ie/Disney-Infinity-!WSCAT175-subcat.aspx
    http://checksmyths.com/

I don't think checksmyths is working anymore. They certainly are available in some stores, I picked up the Cars, Lone Ranger and Toy Story playsets yesterday. There were loads of other figures in the shop too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it just me, or is Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) kinda hard to find in shops now? It's on Amazon (dispatched in 2-3 weeks, or others from resellers), but Argos, Smyths, Gamesnash, Gamestop etc don't have it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Whats gamesnash?

Anybody know if anywhere is selling pikmin 3 or monster hunter 3 for cheap? :)

nix wrote: »
    Whats gamesnash?

Gamesnash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i'm selling pikmin and resident evil on adverts at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Anyone know where i can get a pro controller on the cheap?

Anyone know where i can get a pro controller on the cheap?

Best price I've seen it, is on Nippon-Yasan. White one is also there if you want.
    Change currency on top of the page, and calculate shipping when it's in your basket using the shipping calculator on the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Some ok prices on wii u games on zavvi

game and wario €22.85

Lego Batman 2 €16.49

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Game & Wario is much the same price in Argos, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Game & Wario is much the same price in Argos, no?

Lego Batman is too and it's only €14.99 in smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lego Batman 2 is free on ps plus for Vita this month in case anyone has a Vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) kinda hard to find in shops now? It's on Amazon (dispatched in 2-3 weeks, or others from resellers), but Argos, Smyths, Gamesnash, Gamestop etc don't have it...

Yup, true, its not in any shops anymore as far as I could see when I was looking for it back in Feb, so I got it off amazon, took 4 weeks to get here, its much better on the 3DS but I will be holding onto my Wii U copy, thats for sure. Even harder to get new now.

• Advertisement

Yup, true, its not in any shops anymore as far as I could see when I was looking for it back in Feb, so I got it off amazon, took 4 weeks to get here, its much better on the 3DS but I will be holding onto my Wii U copy, thats for sure. Even harder to get new now.

It does seem to be kinda hard to come by, which is weird given how recent a title it is & how few would have sold on the Wii U. Maybe it didn't get a high print run or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

looks like Earthbound is due to price-drop on Thursday for a week. Hurray!

It does seem to be kinda hard to come by, which is weird given how recent a title it is & how few would have sold on the Wii U. Maybe it didn't get a high print run or something?

Yup, a low print run for teh Wii U version, you can still find new copies of the ps360 versions in the shops. But you can only get 2nd hand Wii U version.

Sure I got the Wii U version cause of the Nintendo star points thingys.
    It is always going on sale on the eshop though, €25/€30 or so. Would have got it there but the lack of HDD in the Wii U stops me buying big games.
    looks like Earthbound is due to price-drop on Thursday for a week. Hurray!

Haha, great news, but its totally worth the full asking price IMO. Loved it 2 years ago! That music.... Must play it again.

Yup, a low print run for teh Wii U version, you can still find new copies of the ps360 versions in the shops. But you can only get 2nd hand Wii U version.

It is always going on sale on the eshop though, €25/€30 or so. Would have got it there but the lack of HDD in the Wii U stops me buying big games.

Feck it, ordered there on Amazon. I'm not really sold on buying games digitally where a physical option is available for in or around the same price...especially when it comes to Nintendo (locked to hardware, not account)...so may as well get it now rather than wait & see if it comes back into stock elsewhere.
    Haha, great news, but its totally worth the full asking price IMO. Loved it 2 years ago! That music.... Must play it again.

Earthbound is just stunning....the music as you mention is timeless.

Feck it, ordered there on Amazon. I'm not really sold on buying games digitally where a physical option is available for in or around the same price...especially when it comes to Nintendo (locked to hardware, not account)...so may as well get it now rather than wait & see if it comes back into stock elsewhere.

You wont regret it! Such a great game, even without the 3D :)

Earthbound is just stunning....the music as you mention is timeless.

Hmm, I wonder if I can get the soundtrack anywhere.

You wont regret it! Such a great game, even without the 3D :)

I have it on the 3DS too, but being a bit of a Nintendo collector, you know yourself :(
    Hmm, I wonder if I can get the soundtrack anywhere.

It's on Ebay afaik, not sure about a legit OST though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

Weird isn't it?
    The game started on 3ds, couldn't be bothered print enough for wii u.
    It was 22 euro i think on wowhd for like 6 months, but i think they've taken it down now.
    I wouldn't buy it until it went under 15, since i already have it on 3ds.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/resident-evil-revelations-nintendo-wii-u/dp/32600189

Will be be a future rarity at all maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ninja Gaiden for WiiU - £15 on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844QDX2/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Not sure it's been quite that low before, and certainly not for a while

• Advertisement

Ninja Gaiden for WiiU - £15 on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844QDX2/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Not sure it's been quite that low before, and certainly not for a while
    I've been keeping an eye on that, Sniper Elite v2 and a couple of others. Sniper Elite v2 just keeps going up. Time to buy it I think..

I bought Skyward Sword in Argos for €12.49. It's not the version advertised with the special CD, it;s just the normal version.

Metroid other M is €6.49
    if anyone is looking for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement