Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Allyall wrote: »

Metroid other M is €6.49
    if anyone is looking for it.

Check your local Tescos first as Other M was going for €3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was in Cork and checked smyths today. 300eu for wii u and no deals what so ever. Even the price was a bit weird...

I will check gamestop too.

Looks like gamestop in main street had that deal, but they had no games to go with it, but they should have stock tomorrow.

I will pop in to local gamestop and see what's the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've been keeping an eye on that, Sniper Elite v2 and a couple of others. Sniper Elite v2 just keeps going up. Time to buy it I think..

I bought Skyward Sword in Argos for €12.49. It's not the version advertised with the special CD, it;s just the normal version.

Metroid other M is €6.49
    if anyone is looking for it.

I did say a few times on thread, that's it wasn't the cd version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I did say a few times on thread, that's it wasn't the cd version.

Yep, you did indeed, I thought I had read that before. I didn't really mind tbh, just couldn't remember where I'd read it, and was reposting for anyone that didn't see your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yep, you did indeed, I thought I had read that before. I didn't really mind tbh, just couldn't remember where I'd read it, and was reposting for anyone that didn't see your posts.

I posted about it last week as well as I picked it up.

Still great value imo.

That and Kirby's epic yarn will be played in due course.

Damn you backlog, I'll get you one day!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

MarioKart 8 for £29.99 from Amazon
    It's out of stock, 4 Week delivery so you won't get the extra game. And you already own it so you're not going to buy it again, are you?

Incidentally, Injustice (£14.99 - it should go lower), Deus Ex (£12.49 - worth it... but should drop further) and Tekken (£13.49 - HMV is cheaper) all trending back down into the affordable range.

Also, keep an eye on Game.co.uk - MonsterHunter WiiU and a few decent 3DS games popped up at ridiculously low prices for very short periods of times.

Banjo wrote: »
    Also, keep an eye on Game.co.uk - MonsterHunter WiiU and a few decent 3DS games popped up at ridiculously low prices for very short periods of times.

Do you reckon they ever have them?
    Every time I see low (sometime very low) priced items from them or Smyths, they're never in stock.. :(
    I assume it's to get higher on the results, but now I just try avoid any Game UK links.

Tekken Tag
    Marvels Avengers Battle for Earth

Etc..

And not just that site, many others.. It can be a small bit annoying when loking for any game(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Hi Allyall,
    Trying to PM you but it seems your inbox is full so thought I'd let you know through this thread,hope thats ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon have LoZ Link Between Worlds (3DS) for £25 and Donkey Kong Country (Wii) for £19.87 if you're interested. The Mariokart £29.99 offer is gone. Sonic Racing for Wii U is £9.99

Also, HUKD reporting Ninja Gaiden (Wii U) at Base.com for £10.99 - glad that only came up after I got my Heatwave badge for the Amazon price earlier in the week :)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Also, HUKD reporting Ninja Gaiden (Wii U) at Base.com for £10.99 - glad that only came up after I got my Heatwave badge for the Amazon price earlier in the week :)

Aaahha haah aahaa.... FEck...
    I have Ninja Gaiden winging it's way to me. I had been keeping an eye out.

If I had waited one/two more days. :D

~£20 for DK :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

postage from base must be at least 3 euro though?

those HUKD boyos are a harsh lot. I posted that split Second was about £1.40 on the hungarian xbox store and got -40 degree heat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know the best price for an 3DS XL? Online or off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

~£20 for DK :)

What? Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »

Yeah but I'm not telling you... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

cak3j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jihad time mad, specially since that picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

cloud493 wrote: »

Yoshi XL from Amazon is pretty cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, thought you meant Tropical Freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Myrddin wrote: »
    Feck it, ordered there on Amazon. I'm not really sold on buying games digitally where a physical option is available for in or around the same price...especially when it comes to Nintendo (locked to hardware, not account)...so may as well get it now rather than wait & see if it comes back into stock elsewhere..

And four days after ordering it, Resi Revelations arrived through the door! I did get an email to say it arrived back in stock sooner than they thought it would, so happy days :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, thought you meant Tropical Freeze.
    So did I ... :o
    And four days after ordering it, Resi Revelations arrived through the door! I did get an email to say it arrived back in stock sooner than they thought it would, so happy days :)

Mine too, along with Ninja Gaiden. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Resident evil Revelations is only 19.97 in Gamestop right now, and only 16.99 preowned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Resident evil Revelations is only 19.97 in Gamestop right now, and only 16.99 preowned

It always amazes me why anyone would choose a used copy when such a small price difference exists. Madness. The game seems worth picking up anyway, getting harder & harder to find in b&m shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Amy teehee

It always amazes me why anyone would choose a used copy when such a small price difference exists. Madness. The game seems worth picking up anyway, getting harder & harder to find in b&m shops.

yo 3 euro ain't nothing! Would you rather a game on it's own, or a game with a dairy milk, hunky dory's and a coke to wash it all down? That's what I thought.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I might pop in in to local gamestop and pick this up. I got it for 3DS, but I want it on Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Amy teehee wrote: »
    yo 3 euro ain't nothing! Would you rather a game on it's own, or a game with a dairy milk, hunky dory's and a coke to wash it all down? That's what I thought.

Very difficult to argue with a bag o' Hunky Dorys and a can of Coke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might pop in in to local gamestop and pick this up. I got it for 3DS, but I want it on Wii U.

Check the Gamestop website and look for it by map, it's inaccurate but will give you an idea which branches might have it in, then give them a call, I got mine in Donamede, and picked up Time Crisis 4 with the gun for another 15.

In case anybody has forgotten (Or didn't see it)..

From Here
    It's a very good week for the eShop bargain bin

Top-down shooters, Kirby's voracious and insatiable appetite for living creatures and a BUCKETLOAD of wicked sales all in this week's glut of eShop lovelies.
    Gaiabreaker (Wii U: Ubiquitous Entertainment, £9.89) is a scrolling shooter, like a top-down Star Fox mixed with StreetPass Squad. Miiverse connectivity shows where others died and their high scores, so there's plenty of competition to catch up with.
    Royal hammer-wielding penguin King Dedede is up to no good again in Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Wii U Virtual Console: Nintendo, £6.29) - he's only gone and stolen the Star Rod. Can't Kirby ever catch a break? No. No he can't. Go and get that Star Rod back,, because that's all you're good for.
    screenshot_64995_thumb_wide275.jpg
    Pick-A-Gem (3DS: Gamelion, £2.69) is a timed match-3 game with powerups like bombs, dynamite and multipliers to help you match three even faster and more explodier than usual. Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot Demo (3DS: CoderChild, Free) is a platformer, but did you see that title? Oh yes. This is not just any platformer. This is a hardcore platformer. Prepare to have your eyes sucked out by the sheer force of this game's difficulty.
    Away with these games! Let's talk about the mega exciting things on sale this week. We're going to do this in bullet points because that's just how EXCITING this is. Only really exciting things make us do bullet points.
    > EARTHBOUND (Wii U). £4.19 until the 24th July. That's the equivalent of two loaves of bread and three Creme Eggs. You can do without those things for now because you're going to buy Earthbound instead.
    > LITTLE INFERNO (Wii U). Do you like setting fire to things and watching them slowly burn as you cackle gently to yourself? Trick question! Everyone likes that. Take care of your pyromaniac tendencies in the safe space of Little Inferno, £4.59 until the 24th.
    > STEAMWORLD DIG (3DS). Sttteeeaaaamworld Dig. £3.99. For all the dig you can handle. It's very, very good. You dig?
    > STEEL DIVER: SUB WARS (PREMIUM EDITION) (3DS). That's a lot of title words there for the low, low price of £6.29. The game's a little one-note, but that note's a good one. Like a C sharp, or a B flat. If you're going to get the premium edition, might as well get it at this price. Plus: exploding submarines.

• Advertisement

Earthbound is simply one of the best RPGs if not one of the best games ever made and outside of a reproduction Pal Snes cart or, like me, a reprogrammed Mother 2 cart, you can play it at home without needing to import a console to do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement