Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I can't believe he actually sold 29 already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I can't believe he's only sold 29.. :)

Lego City Undercover is €30.10 on Amazon Germany and €36.26 Delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

29 puppet accounts probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Myrddin wrote: »
    29 puppet accounts probably

alphfatl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wii Remote plus for £17.99 from argos UK. €23.99 from Irish argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its not a bad deal, I just don't know if 8gb is enough harddrive space if you'd be downloading free mario kart games. You'd have to upgrade the memory almost immediately I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its not a bad deal, I just don't know if 8gb is enough harddrive space if you'd be downloading free mario kart games. You'd have to upgrade the memory almost immediately I'd imagine.

You can save games to an external hard drive.

In my opinion 32gb is a sweet spot for someone who does not Buy digital games. I am not going to bother with external hdd as I am not buying digital Wii U games. for Classics and a few indy games 32gb is just enough.

If you do go with 8gb, you should really get external hdd. you get only 3gb of actual usable storage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

People asking if this or that price is a bargain for Wii U, you can add another €80 on top of that for a decent harddrive. I refuse to buy one, I will be forced eventually but I resent it and will be dragged kicking and screaming all the way into doing so. I've said it before they were so stingy with 32GBs.

Toki Tori 2 was €3 less than a month ago, yes €3, what a bargain but I refused to buy it because it was 1.2GBs in size. It's download only so there was no other option of buying it. That's just 1 example of many lost sales Nintendo have missed out on from me. If I didn't have to conserve space I'd have a tonne more games bought.

It's alright for the likes of Earthbound which is miniscule in size, which by the way is an absolutely brilliant game and worth every cent.

I sold my MK8 download code and will instead try and purchase a retail alternative. Thank you Nintendo for this needless hassle.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    People asking if this or that price is a bargain for Wii U, you can add another €80 on top of that for a decent harddrive. I refuse to buy one, I will be forced eventually but I resent it and will be dragged kicking and screaming all the way into doing so. I've said it before they were so stingy with 32GBs.

Toki Tori 2 was €3 less than a month ago, yes €3, what a bargain but I refused to buy it because it was 1.2GBs in size. It's download only so there was no other option of buying it. That's just 1 example of many lost sales Nintendo have missed out on from me. If I didn't have to conserve space I'd have a tonne more games bought.

It's alright for the likes of Earthbound which is miniscule in size, which by the way is an absolutely brilliant game and worth every cent.

I sold my MK8 download code and will instead try and purchase a retail alternative. Thank you Nintendo for this needless hassle.

I have to agree with this in some way. When I was picking a free game i was actually paying attention to how big of game is too. It's really a stupid thing to do, but you are forced to.
    Who knows, I might pick uo external had. I do like that nintendo actually gave an option to use external hdd.

Would somebody be able to link me to the cheap 3DS games mentioned a few pages on argon's website? Cant find any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would somebody be able to link me to the cheap 3DS games mentioned a few pages on argon's website? Cant find any of them.

Codes have been deleted yesterday afternoon on Argos' system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody seen bravely default (3DS) or monster hunter 3 (Wii U) going for a good cheap price anywhere? :P

nix wrote: »
    Anybody seen bravely default (3DS) or monster hunter 3 (Wii U) going for a good cheap price anywhere? :P

CEX have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for €20 secondhand.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496331528#.U9UVhPjhTQ8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CEX have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for €20 secondhand.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496331528#.U9UVhPjhTQ8

And not in stock anywhere in Ireland LoL ;)

Better off buying one of them club nintendo codes of ebay if you won't it.

I got lucky with that (MH3U). I got it in Game (used) in Newry for £10.
    Cheapest online i think is roughly €36 (New) delivered from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00B5Q85FU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

And not in stock anywhere in Ireland LoL ;)

Better off buying one of them club nintendo codes of ebay if you won't it.

I hadn't noticed it was out of stock. It was definitely there a week ago. I think it's gone up by €2 as well. Keep an eye on it, it'll be back for sure.

The thing with the download code is it's over 7GB's in size. It's definitely worth buying. It's probably the best game on Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Pokemon typing adventure is apparently scanning for 8.99 in Argos now. Though the website still says it's 10.99 - dropped from the new catalogue I think.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=240%2F9843

The game is no doubt rubbish, but you get a great bluetooth keyboard which apparently you can use with tablet, phone, chromecast or bluetooth-enabled TV.

Plus, the included stand for the DS works perfectly with the WiiU handset, if you're stuck with the el cheapo 8gb version like me. Perfect for map display during MK8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

wheres the best value place to buy a Wii u at the moment online or in store?

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »

It seems to be online.
    But you may have to look around.
    Amazon Italy had a few good deals, They've been fluctuating the past couple of weeks - http://www.amazon.it/b/ref=sv_vg_4?ie=UTF8&node=1659415031

TheGameCollection has bundles on offer every now and then.

You might see something on This Site or This Site

Some Good Prices in the Argos Outlet for Games on all Nintendo Platforms
    Super Luigi U is £15.99, The Wonderful 101 is £19.99, Mass Effect 3 £4.99, and others.. (Need Parcel Motel to ship to.)

Hot Wheels World's Best Driver is £5.95 for Wii U @ TheGameCollection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Stay away from these. The 8GB Wii U isn't worth getting and the games that come with these bundles are to put it mildly and politely, tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Stay away from these. The 8GB Wii U isn't worth getting and the games that come with these bundles are to put it mildly and politely, tripe.

I can't talk about lack of storage but Wii Party was a great game, my kids got a lot of use out of it and Wii U Party has also gotten good reviews.

Nintendoland + Wii U Party + Wii Plus Controller + Wii U
    or
    Nintendoland + Just Dance + Wii Plus Controller + Wii U

For €209 (If they had any in stock) is an excellent deal.

Admittedly Just Dance wouldn't be my type of game, but it's not aimed at me.
    Wii U Party and Nintendoland are a lot of fun, the Wii Plus Controller is ~ €30.

The 8GB storage wouldn't be a problem for a lot of people, and most likely wouldn't be a problem at all, for the people who those bundles are targetted at. There may be a few eshop games that they might get, but they'd be small, and most games can be bought in physical format.

I'd snap it up if I was looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm not too proud to admit that I've had fun playing the Just Dance games with my good lady!

And that is a pretty good deal, given the inclusion of the Wii Motionplus controller

I'm not too proud to admit that I've had fun playing the Just Dance games with my good lady!

And that is a pretty good deal, given the inclusion of the Wii Motionplus controller

I haven't played the Just Dance games, but that's probably because I'm more of a boring sod, than a dancer.. :o

dunworth1 wrote: »

Check gamestop if they still doing that deal, that people were talking about few weeks ago.

Its Wii U premium with Lego Undercover + 2 games ( Fifa or Sonic or Nintendo land or ???? Cant remember ) for 290eu. If you drop another 40eu you will get Mariokart 8 and use free code to get one more good free game.
    Thats the bundle I was looking to go for until I got my hands on Monster hunter 3 Wii U pack.

The pokemon typing game is actually pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

The pokemon typing game is actually pretty good.

Ridiculous pokemon spin off games with idiotic premises usually have a weird habit of being really good.

Pokemon is strange that way.

I'm gonna pick the typing game up, un-ironically.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement