Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendo Downloads from Tomorrow 31st of July:
    XType, Ice Cream heroes, racing, bombing, loads of discounts and more
    Monday morning means Nintendo Download Update news for European gamers, as we learn what's coming to the region later this week. It's a packed schedule, with a mix of new titles on both Wii U and 3DS, along with a host of discounts and a new Virtual Console entry. There's lots to get through, so let's get started.

Wii U eShop
    XType Plus (PhobosLab, €2.99 / £2.69) — This shoot 'em up comes courtesy of the Nintendo Web Framework, with PhobosLab also developing its own engine to allow easy coding in the platform. This has always looked like one of the most impressive titles from the service, visually, while it gives a rare chance to play a new shooter on the Wii U; we'll blast away some enemies for our review.
    Ice Cream Surfer (Dolores Entertainment, €5.00 / £4.49) — It's shoot 'em up week, this time of the colourful sidescrolling variety. There's a storyline about defeating evil broccoli, it seems, but like XType Plus this will live and die on its gameplay; we'll let you know whether this is a delicious treat or not.
    Midtown Crazy Race (Jose Varela, €5.00 / £4.49) — Very little information is given for this game, simply that it's a "tribute to the car games from late 90s"; we'll see whether it lives up to that legacy in our review.
    Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games, €6.99 / £5.99) — This modern take on Bomberman survives the European ratings process with its name intact; it brings single and local multiplayer to the table. Colourful visuals and generally solid play earned this a decent 6/10 recommendation in our Bombing Bastards review.

Wii U Virtual Console
    Pop'n Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures (Konami, €7.99 / £5.49) — A sequel to the charming shooter, this is a platformer with basic combat thrown in, including local co-op play as an option; we'll see whether this franchise should have stayed in the skies for our review. This is the European PAL version, with optimised sound but 50Hz gameplay speed.

Wii U Virtual Console Promotion
    The following titles are all available at a discount on the same Wii U that's purchased either NES Remix or NES Remix 2
    Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo, €3.49 / £2.44 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, €3.49 / £2.44 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Donkey Kong (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Wario's Woods (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Ice Climber (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Punch-Out!! (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 7th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    TNT Racers — Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 14th August, normally €7.99 / £6.99)
    Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte, €6.79 / £5.49 until 21st August, normally €16.99 / £13.99)

3DS eShop
    2048 (GameOn, €1.49 / £1.19) — Another arrival on the 3DS that's made its name on smart devices, with plenty of gamers that also play in browsers. A simple puzzle concept that can nevertheless be compulsive and fun to play, this earned a 7/10 in our 2048 review.
    Family Kart 3D (Arc System Works, €4.99 / £4.49) — A cute kart racer targeting those looking for some budget fun on the 3DS, though it lacks multiplayer. Despite that it's a decent, enjoyable racing game, as we explained in our Family Kart 3D review.

3DS Retail Download
    LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids (WB Games, €39.99 / £34.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
    Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €0.99 / £0.89 until 21st August, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €4.99 / £4.49 until 21st August, normally €7.00 / £5.90)
    Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.69 until 21st August, normally €3.99 / £3.59)
    Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.69 until 21st August, normally €3.99 / £3.59)
    SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion, €0.99 / £0.89 until 28th August, normally €1.99 / £1.79)
    10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion, €0.99 / £0.89 until 28th August, normally €1.99 / £1.79)
    Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion, €0.99 / £0.89 until 28th August, normally €1.99 / £1.89)
    Race of the Gladiator (Gamelion, €3.49 / £3.09 until 28th August, normally €6.99 / £6.29)
    Carps & Dragons (Abylight, €2.99 / £2.49 until 31st August, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (Avanquest, €19.99 / £19.99 until 14th August, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Demo
    Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Entertainment, free)

LAST WEEKS DOWNLOADS STILL AVAILABLE - EXPIRE TONIGHT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Luigi's Mansion diorama and Game And Watch collection (DS Game) are back on the Stars catalogue for 7000 and 5000 stars respectively

Oh hey, and the 3000 point gold-backed cards are back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Banjo wrote: »
    Luigi's Mansion diorama and Game And Watch collection (DS Game) are back on the Stars catalogue for 7000 and 5000 stars respectively

Any idea how long these things might take to arrive? I'm all pointed up, but moving abroad soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

About 500 points shy of getting both! D:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Banjo wrote: »

Some day they shall bring back the precious Hanafuda cards. Some day.

*stares off into distance, repetitively muttering 'koi-koi' over and over again as a single tear rolls down my eye*

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

Nice, Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

druss wrote: »
    Any idea how long these things might take to arrive? I'm all pointed up, but moving abroad soon!

Took around three weeks for me to get Mario 3D World OST if that's any use..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know which to go for, the diorama is lovely but I don't know honestly if it'll benefit my collection.
    Might get the DS collection instead.
    Although it's pretty cheap on Ebay while the diorama is bloody expensive.
    Another factor is I've enough to get the DS game but 1300 short of the points the points for Luigi!
    Game & Watch Collection it is!

You can pre-order Hyrule Warriors for €34.39 from WOWHD. (I thought i saw this before, but couldn't find it..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hope this is ok with the mods, but there's something very special here for any lovers of older Ninty stuff - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057260175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

That deck of cards looks sick, im currently sitting at 3600 stars, to spend on the cards? or wait for something better? oh decisions decisions! :(

Also some of the codes for the games i got were expired which just sucks having bought them first hand and some games didnt contain any, i missed out on like 1500 stars as a result :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd like some of those Star Catalogue products but I can't be @rsed filling in survey after survey. I think I've 1,600 or something like that at the minute. The surveys take too long so I just stopped scratching them. It was so much easier when it first started. I also don't want to scratch off codes for some of the games. I think it'd reduce their value in the long run and it could be all for nothing. Must tot up what potentially I have. It must be a colossal number between DS, Wii and Wii U codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

About 500 points shy of getting both! D:

I have a spare code for Pokemon Black and White laying around somewhere can dig them out and PM you them, would give you 250 points each I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thank you kindly sir! Honestly though, I don't know if I want them! They're nice, but I'm not 100% sold!

And still a little sore from when I bought a load of Wii points before, I got sickened after the gold Link and Epona statue disappeared and just bought points.

Then the statue came back... :'(

I still hurt over that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mario tennis 3DS down to €15 in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

cloud493 wrote: »
    Mario tennis 3DS down to €15 in HMV.

They've professor layton and the miracle mask for €15 too as well as some cheap wii u games (zombie U for €10 etc.)

bkrangle wrote: »
    They've professor layton and the miracle mask for €15 too as well as some cheap wii u games (zombie U for €10 etc.)

Any other Wii U games on special?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I think nintendoland was €19.99 and assassins creed 3 was 10 or 15........can't remember exactly

it seemed like most of the Wii U stuff was marked down a bit though

Went and spent some stars on Premium Mario Playing Cards, couldn't resist :)

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Went and spent some stars on Premium Mario Playing Cards, couldn't resist :)

I'd be afraid to get them. I want them, but I wouldn't want to play with them and wreck them.. :)
    So they'd be allowed out once a year to look at (not play with).. :)

I don't know if you Sainsburys will deliver to Parcel Motel. If not, then this is pointless. But Sainsburys have Mariokart bundle for £209.99 (€263). Free game is expired, so it's just MK8.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/technology/games_consoles_ps4_ps3_playstation_xbox/126948825_wii-u-premium-console-with-mario-kart-8.html?hnav=4294888701

Allyall wrote: »
    I'd be afraid to get them. I want them, but I wouldn't want to play with them and wreck them.. :)
    So they'd be allowed out once a year to look at (not play with).. :)

Yeah thats likely all ill do, if i get enough points up for a 2nd deck i might get one for mucking about with ;D

Amazon Italy have a good offer

Wii U - Legend of Zelda WindWaker Bundle - €240.67 Delivered

€232.31 + €3.95 to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Allyall wrote: »
    Amazon Italy have a good offer

Wii U - Legend of Zelda WindWaker Bundle - €240.67 Delivered

€232.31 + €3.95 to Parcel Motel.

I'd be tempted to buy it and store it seeeeeeaaaaled for later sale. Bound to get sought after at some point.

I'd be tempted to buy it and store it seeeeeeaaaaled for later sale. Bound to get sought after at some point.

Yeah, the special edition game has already shot up over €100 in a lot of places.

HMV are a rip-off. Sure they have a couple of things on sale like ZombiU for €10. But everything was overpriced, Mario Kart 8 secondhand for €55. That's disgraceful, even more so that the free game deal is over and I guarantee that none of the games had the code anyway. so many of the 3rd party games(Rayman Legends) were full price when online they're available for about €10. If anybody wants to pay €45 fot a nunchuk then Specsavers not HMV is where you need to go. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of them closing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

sligeach wrote: »
    HMV are a rip-off. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of them closing again.
    That's why they are having a "Summer Sale", they are way off meeting targets. Honestly though, moving in with Xtravision was never going to work.

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    That's why they are having a "Summer Sale", they are way off meeting targets. Honestly though, moving in with Xtravision was never going to work.

It's not much of a sale. I was in Gamestop on Henry Street or Mary Street? Anyway, Wii U has been moved upstairs. It's a tiny section but then XB1 and PS4 are small as well but they're downstairs and right in your face as you walk in the door. I was looking to pick up a few games but there was absolutely nothing or that I didn't have already. Still got a few games online during the week. Would have had more if Ebay Argos Outlet delivered to Ireland. I don't and won't be doing Parcel Motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement