Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

hellboy99 wrote: »
    That's why they are having a "Summer Sale", they are way off meeting targets. Honestly though, moving in with Xtravision was never going to work.
    I'm not saying they're meeting targets but that's not why they have a summer sale. Every month HMV have a campaign/sale which cycles through "2 for X" BOGOF or just sale prices and over the summer is always one of the sales. The two big ones are Summer (July or August, can't remember which) and January, the slow months for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Makes sense. Gamestop does the same thing. Great 'reductions' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Are stores still giving you a selection of a free game when you buy the console, going to pick up a second console as a present this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in the hmm come xtra vision in thurles last week witch used to be a great store for buying video games in years ago when I was younger as they had a great games area and covered every console.

But this time I think I have more ps4 games then the store had for sale. 1 wii u game. 1 ps vita game. Notting other the the main games for the ps3 and 360. About 12 3ds games and that was the game section it was extramly depressing as it takes up a good 1/4 of the shop and it's a big shop as well. But there was Notting on the shalfs at all like there was so many huge gaps and spaces between everything. It was maybe the must depressing game Sara I have ever seen in a store. Conmal store is as bad as this basicly Notting to even buy and it's in a little corner where 2 people can't pass.

Like does people still play video gamws ?. As buy the looks of things they don't at all

Picked up the White 8 GB Party bundle for €190 from Amazon.it there as a present, great deal for it and from my experience any old external HD will work with the Wii U so the 8 gig in size it not really an issue.

• Advertisement

Buy me a present :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was in the hmm come xtra vision in thurles last week witch used to be a great store for buying video games in years ago when I was younger as they had a great games area and covered every console.

But this time I think I have more ps4 games then the store had for sale. 1 wii u game. 1 ps vita game. Notting other the the main games for the ps3 and 360. About 12 3ds games and that was the game section it was extramly depressing as it takes up a good 1/4 of the shop and it's a big shop as well. But there was Notting on the shalfs at all like there was so many huge gaps and spaces between everything. It was maybe the must depressing game Sara I have ever seen in a store. Conmal store is as bad as this basicly Notting to even buy and it's in a little corner where 2 people can't pass.

Like does people still play video gamws ?. As buy the looks of things they don't at all

Nintendo won't stock them as last year HMV and Xtravision upon nearly going bust left Nintendo up **** creak, as far as the Vita goes HMV/Xtravision have made the business decision to focus on Next Gen, ie PS4/Xbox One rather than handheld or the Wii U, pisses me off more than most tbh but that's that, until Grainger Games opens up here we are stuck with Gameslop as the only place and even they are killing off Vita and Wii U slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've bought from grainger, via parcelmotel - good site. Are they opening here?

I hope they have cleaned up their act, used to be a disgrace of a company who loved shock advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sweetie wrote: »
    I've bought from grainger, via parcelmotel - good site. Are they opening here?

Not heard anything yet for them opening my point was they are a big enough company that if they did open here would do massive damage to Gameslop, GAME are hardly going to reopen here after the debacle of their closing so it does leave a massive opportunity for someone to come in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

any decent place to order Hyrule warriors from?
    Its currently eur41.13 to order from amazon with supersaver delivery anyone else find cheaper?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E4LGFW8/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I thought hyrule warriors was supposed to be releasing at a budget ish price. Might get it roughly the same on the high street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its currently eur40.01 ro order from amazon + 3.50 delivery to PM. Seems ok, anyone else find cheaper?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E4LGFW8/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That should qualify for free delivery (super saver on anything over £25)

Myrddin wrote: »
    That should qualify for free delivery (super saver on anything over £25)

Whoops you are right :o, gonne fix that now, damn bank holiday weekend :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Its currently eur41.13 to order from amazon with supersaver delivery anyone else find cheaper?

It's €34.39 and Free delivery on WowHD - http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/hyrule-warriors-nintendo-wii-u/dp/38875331#bc=86ce

Allyall wrote: »

Possible customs charge with them though isn't there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

And Wowhd would probably get it to you within 2 months of the release.
    Amazon's super saver delivery should have it on day of release or at least a day or two after at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Amazon's super saver delivery should have it on day of release or at least a day or two after at most.

I must be the only one that gets stuff from Wowhd within a week or two max.

deadly price :eek:

also cant freaking wait for this game!!!

Where are wowcd based? would you be stung by customs?

• Advertisement

They dispatch from outside the EU anyway, & as Damo mentions, delivery time can be atrocious too

Hong Kong.

They must be on the Channel Islands?

I didn't know that. Or are they owned by the Zavvi/TheHut/iWoot/Rakuten group crowd?

They take ages too.

I bought Batman Arkham Origins from WOWHD and it got here pretty quick, but I may have been lucky.
    Like Zoombits. I was lucky first order, after that it took ages.. :(

It all boils down to 7 or 8 euros vs a wait + possible customs charges... i think ill go with amazon unless something else comes up. Thanks tho allyall :)

Xenji wrote: »
    Hong Kong.

Really? I got the batman order in about 4 days... They must have a warehouse near here :confused:
    It all boils down to 7 or 8 euros vs a wait + possible customs charges... i think ill go with amazon unless something else comes up. Thanks tho allyall :)

Yeah, seems way better option.

Really? I got the batman order in about 4 days... They must have a warehouse near here :confused:

Yeah, seems way better option.

The might do, their main offices are in Hong Kong and Australia, the majority of what they sell though comes from Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Anything I've ordered off of WowHd takes about 2 weeks to arrive. I only ever order stuff from them if I don't care that much when it arrives (and it is cheaper from them of course). I've never got caught by customs for them but it is a possibility. For amazon, I've never received anything that I've pre-ordered on release day, it is usually the following Monday or maybe Tuesday.

Smyths or Argos don't seem to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I used to order from them, but stopped after a couple of instances of not receiving anything, and having to contact their customer support (who in fairness were good) to get another one sent out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I used to order from them, but stopped after a couple of instances of not receiving anything, and having to contact their customer support (who in fairness were good) to get another one sent out.

I like your avatar, you big turd-blossom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement