Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's a pretty good deal. Lego City is very good actually, the loading times are a bit irritating (and a bit weird in this day and age) but not so bad as to put you off playing it.

Yeah I was surprised that I finished the main story. Was my first Lego game in fairness but I genuinely lol'd as the kids would say on a few occasions which is very rare I find these days in gaming.

Also that looks like a good deal.

Wii U is such an affordable second console imo. I pity those missing out on its goodness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bugger it anyway.
    I now have 6300 club points and, logging onto the site the DS game and Diorama are gone :(
    Bugger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Bugger it anyway.
    I now have 6300 club points and, logging onto the site the DS game and Diorama are gone :(
    Bugger!

Yeah they didn't last long at all, they've been gone since last week I think. I wish they'd put the Snes classic pad back up, or some Zelda goodness. Barring OST's, it's pretty much all lame stuff at the mo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yeah they didn't last long at all, they've been gone since last week I think. I wish they'd put the Snes classic pad back up, or some Zelda goodness. Barring OST's, it's pretty much all lame stuff at the mo

I think I'll just hold me water until something necessary arrives.
    I was tempted to buy the Yoshi Backpack for my son going back to school but it doesn't look all that robust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think I'll just hold me water until something necessary arrives.
    I was tempted to buy the Yoshi Backpack for my son going back to school but it doesn't look all that robust.

Hold back, at least when something comes up you'll be ready. Seems to be a lot of people picking stuff up and flogging it on Ebay these days.

• Advertisement

I got the Super Mario 3d World soundtrack, listened once and put it away!
    I was tempted to get the Mario Galaxy 2 disc OST but held off, most of them are available on ebay for not much money anyway, I'd rather get something proper awesome and r@re

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Got me controller today, no additional charges duno why customs sent me that letter. But got the controller, delighted thanks allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Some decent discounts coming on Thursday for the eShop courtesy of Ubisoft

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/nintendo_download_14th_august_europe

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    • Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 28th August, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    • Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £9.99 until 28th August, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 28th August, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    • Rabbids Land (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 28th August, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    • Rayman Legends (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 28th August, normally €29.99 / £23.99)
    • The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft, €19.99 / £15.99 until 28th August, normally €39.99 / £31.99)
    • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £9.99 until 28th August, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    • ZombiU (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 28th August, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    • Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £9.99 until 28th August, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    • Child of Light (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 28th August, normally €14.99 / £11.99)
    • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games, €8.99 / £7.79 until 21st August, normally €14.99 / £12.99)
    • Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive, €3.49 / £3.49 until 28th August, normally €4.99 / £4.99)

TL;DR : Fiver off Child of Light!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

2 n00b questions.

Whats the story with the controller you all got? What games in the above list are worth getting? Thinking Rayman..

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pingi wrote: »
    2 n00b questions.

Whats the story with the controller you all got? What games in the above list are worth getting? Thinking Rayman..

Thanks

Rayman Legends is brilliant, defo worth a purchase.

Black Flag & ZombieU are supposed to be pretty good, although you can get ZombieU for a tenner of Amazon I think if you don't want to use up HDD space.

Giana Sister's is very good also (I've only played the PC version but presume the Wii-U plays much the same), it's a remake of an old C64 platformer (which in turn was a rip off of Mario Bros).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Splinter Cell is good as well and I hear Child Of Light is worth a purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Splinter Cell is €10 new in HMV/Xtravision if you can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendo are doing a promotion for Super Smash Bros on the 3DS bundles with T-Shirt.
    http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds/super-smash-bros.list

and no free game, but discounts on their characters games:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/499467351667265537

Dp9Fb4O.jpg?1

On 3DS:
    -Animal Crossing New Leaf €27.99 instead of €39.99
    -Tomodachi Life! €31.99 instead of €39.99
    -Kid Icarus Uprising €24.99 instead of €34.99

On Wii U:
    -Wii Party U €31.49 instead of €44.99
    -Wii Fit U €24.49 instead of € 34.99
    -Super punch-out! €3.99 instead of €7.99

On both platforms:
    -Pac - Man €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Punch Out! €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 2 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 3 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 4 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 5 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 6 €2.49 instead of € 4.99

Apparently from 14 to 21 are new characters that are in the spotlight and from 21 to 28 (assuming it will be 28) will be in the old towers.

Possibly more information elsewhere. I'm scraping that info from different sites, and some aren't in English, so I'm not fully getting the promotion, even with google or bing translators.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Allyall wrote: »
    Nintendo are doing a promotion for Super Smash Bros on the 3DS bundles with T-Shirt.
    http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-3ds/super-smash-bros.list

and no free game, but discounts on their characters games:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/499467351667265537

Dp9Fb4O.jpg?1

On 3DS:
    -Animal Crossing New Leaf €27.99 instead of €39.99
    -Tomodachi Life! €31.99 instead of €39.99
    -Kid Icarus Uprising €24.99 instead of €34.99

On Wii U:
    -Wii Party U €31.49 instead of €44.99
    -Wii Fit U €24.49 instead of € 34.99
    -Super punch-out! €3.99 instead of €7.99

On both platforms:
    -Pac - Man €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Punch Out! €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 2 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 3 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 4 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 5 €2.49 instead of € 4.99
    -Mega Man 6 €2.49 instead of € 4.99

Apparently from 14 to 21 are new characters that are in the spotlight and from 21 to 28 (assuming it will be 28) will be in the old towers.

Possibly more information elsewhere. I'm scraping that info from different sites, and some aren't in English, so I'm not fully getting the promotion, even with google or bing translators.

Could anyone tell me what the best platform to get the megaman games would be? Think I would prefer having them portable, are the 3ds versions up to scratch?

EDIT: Also which are the best megaman games, was thinking 2 and 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is punch out still good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    EDIT: Also which are the best megaman games, was thinking 2 and 3?

2 is probably the best one. I've fond memories of 4 but that's only because I played it an awful lot when I was younger.

Banjo wrote: »
    Some decent discounts coming on Thursday for the eShop courtesy of Ubisoft

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    • Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 28th August, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    • Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £9.99 until 28th August, normally €29.99 / £19.99)

Thinking of getting into ass creed series, ive watched reviews of both these games on youtube, but i want yer opinion of those who played them, which one is better ass creed III or IV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thinking of getting into ass creed series, ive watched reviews of both these games on youtube, but i want yer opinion of those who played them, which one is better ass creed III or IV ?

IV is far better than III.

Xenji wrote: »
    IV is far better than III.

I took the plunge, i found a new physical copy of III on ebay for a couple of euros more. might start with that and if i like it. i might buy IV then or if i find a cheap copy of IV. looking forward to playing them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

III is the only Assassin's Creed game I have played.

I enjoyed it, but in the end I finished it because I'd invested a certain amount of time into it, not because I was enjoying myself. Finding people to work your homestead and gathering resources to improve it is mildly compelling. The combat is fun, especially storming forts and running around towns causing havoc - as you walk past a british patrol one of the soldiers deliberately shoulders you. You stop, but think "it's not worth it" and then he calls you something and laughs - your blades schnik out of your sleeves and you butcher every man in that patrol then run for the hills. And I must have been doing that 15 times a night - if I wasn't leaping off a horse to stab a bear through the head I was beating up hordes of patrols, it never got old.

But the plot did and fast - if you can live with the idea that EVERY single significant event in the american war of independance was a byproduct of the actions either of a single megalomaniacal cultist or the man hell-bent on killing him then maybe this is for you but it's a game that thinks big, promises bigger and then delivers small - for example the world is open and sprawling with multiple cities, but artificially limits where you can go with some sci-fi hokum that puts up invisible barriers. and trying to enter a city or other significant location triggers a separate area. It's open and yet closed. And you can't help but feel that really the whole thing could have been wrapped up a lot sooner if they hadn't tried to shoehorn in a Elseworlds 3-semester history class.

Did I get my €14 worth out of it? YEah probably. But I might look back on it more fondly if I'd ignored the plot and just played in the wilderness. Except the game won't let you do that....

I'm still going to give IV a try, the naval combat looks great and what little of it there was in III was good fun. And given the choice between the two, I'd be inclined in this instance to go with the devil I don't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

AC III bored me silly, and I never finished it.

AC IV is a whole lot more fun, and interesting. The sailing and naval battles, between ships and the forts are much more enjoyable than any elements of AC III.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

IV was better than 3 but not because of the Assassiny bits. There was way too many follow this guy without being seen missions. The naval stuff was really enjoyable though and the location was more interesting.

Hmm i might get IV now aswell... How long are the eshop discounts for? And what are peoples thoughts on downloaded games, say when i go to sell my wii u and wipe it, will i still be able to sell the downloaded games with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought I heard a lot of negatives about the Wii U version of IV. Like a lot of slowdown, and I don't mean "Oh it's not 60 fps". But does it play ok and does it use the pad well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have to say I never really noticed any moments of slowdown while I was playing it.
    I've not finished it yet, but only because I got distracted with Mario kart 8 and Monster Hunter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Zelda link between worlds 3ds is 10 euro off in xtravision sale making it 35, the best price around by a long way, even including the likes of amazon.

A bargain, nope. But a good price if you're looking for it.

Its 30 in Cex :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its 30 in Cex :)

The Buccaneer Edition is €24.95 in Gamestop (In -Store), brand new.

I don't know if it's in every store, but is definitely in Santry.

or
    http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/compare/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-nintendo-wii-u/B00BMRR65W

EDIT - Just Completely re-read this from 5 posts back and got to the last two, and realised that you were not talking about ACIV... :o

• Advertisement

I meant a link between worlds :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement