Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bargain!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEOUMZS/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Watchdogs only £35 for Wii U!
    Now all they have to do is remember to finish it...

(Mariokart is the same price, but sure it's not the same without the free game...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Banjo wrote: »
    Bargain!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEOUMZS/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Watchdogs only £35 for Wii U!
    Now all they have to do is remember to finish it...

(Mariokart is the same price, but sure it's not the same without the free game...)

not even sure its gonna come out on the Wii U. ubisoft have said they are holding some games back for the wii u sales to increase think watch dogs is one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

magnumbud wrote: »
    not even sure its gonna come out on the Wii U. ubisoft have said they are holding some games back for the wii u sales to increase think watch dogs is one of them

I think they said watchdogs will be the last mature title for the wii u that they will produce. Afterthat they are gonna focus on justdance and ****e like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think they said watchdogs will be the last mature title for the wii u that they will produce. Afterthat they are gonna focus on justdance and ****e like that

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/watch-dogs-is-ubisofts-final-mature-game-on-wii-u

I found that unusual, as I thought the 'mature' games would have been the better seller.. Goes to show what I know..

http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/ubisoft-boxes-wii-u-owners/
    Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemont himself has revealed the company has a certain preconception about their Wii U audience.

In an interview, Guillemont revealed that the company has found that Wii U owners “don’t buy Assassin’s Creed,” and that their audience is interested in more Just Dance and “other kinds of games.” He assures that the company is focusing on games that sell on Wii U and not abandoning the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Watchdogs isn't that good anyway, definitely go for mario kart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wouldn't sweat not owning Watchdogs.
    I would at not owning GTA V though.
    That said the WiiU makes perfect sense when owned in combination with a PS4/XB1 tbh, or rather a PS4/XB1 makes perfect sense when owned in combination with a WiiU!

I can't imagine never owning a console that can play the latest Mario Kart , but equally I need to know when Bloodborne is released I have the console that can play it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wouldn't sweat not owning Watchdogs.
    I would at not owning GTA V though.
    That said the WiiU makes perfect sense when owned in combination with a PS4/XB1 tbh, or rather a PS4/XB1 makes perfect sense when owned in combination with a WiiU!

I can't imagine never owning a console that can play the latest Mario Kart , but equally I need to know when Bloodborne is released I have the console that can play it too.
    Completely agree - just bought the XBone a week or so ago and really enjoying it (Titanfall specifically) , but my 5 year old has no interest in it ! Totally different beasts with totally different usages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Are gamestop still doing the summer sale WiiU packages?

super mario bros console and choice of 4 games? or MK8 for 40??

Or wheres the best place to get a Wii-u these days?

Friend interested in getting one

Nintendo Downloads from Thursday 28th August
    SteamWorld, Mercedes, Zen pinball DLC, Advance Golf and more
    It's Monday, which means the start of another week, though European Nintendo fans at least have the benefit of the Nintendo Download Update news to brighten the day. This week brings us some excellent titles, old and new, across both the Wii U and 3DS, while there's a major game update that brings some reasonably controversial DLC with it. There's also more DLC, a cross-buy deal and more, so let's get on with it.

Wii U eShop
    SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form, €8.99 / £6.99) — The 3DS eShop favourite finally hits the Wii U this week, with improved visuals and animation contributing to the enhancement of the excellent exploration title. With a great soundtrack and impressive gameplay hook this joins the list of must-haves on the Wii U's store, as our SteamWorld Dig review explains.

Wii U eShop Promotion
    SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form, €6.49 / £4.99 if you already own the 3DS version on the same Nintendo Network ID)

Wii U Virtual Console
    Mario Golf: Advance Tour (Nintendo, €6.99 / £6.29) — This entry in the plumber's golf spin-off series emphasizes its efforts to incorporate RPG aspects into the basic gameplay, which is an area that some fans of these portable sports games particularly love. We'll get into the swing of it for our review.

Wii U DLC
    Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, free) — The modern Mercedes-Benz GLA, the 300 SL Roadster from the 1950s and the legendary Silver Arrow of the 1930s will be added as available DLC following the game's update on 27th August.
    Zen Pinball 2 (Zen Studio) — Details listed below, all of these tables have a free trial available.
    • The Walking Dead — €2.99 / £2.39
    • Doctor Strange — €2.99 / £2.39
    • Deadpool — €2.99 / £2.39
    • Guardians of the Galaxy — €2.99 / £2.39

3DS Virtual Console
    Mega Man V (Capcom, €3.99 / £3.59) — The final Game Boy Mega Man title finally arrives, and it's a good 'un. It diverges — like its predecessor — from mimicking NES versions closely and proceeds to serve up plenty of new weapons to try and bosses to fight. It's a fitting end to the Blue Bomber's Game Boy saga, receiving a glowing recommendation in our Mega Man V review.

3DS eShop Retail Download
    Outback Pet Rescue 3D (TREVA Entertainment, €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discount
    Secrets of the Titanic (Avanquest, €4.99 / £4.99 until 11th September, normally €10.99 / £9.99)
    LAST WEEKS DOWNLOADS STILL AVAILABLE - EXPIRE TOMORROW NIGHT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd pick up steamworld dig only I have enough platforming problems at the moment with only being one boss in to DKTF and also wanting to go back to both Mario games on wii u.

I'm tempted by the pinball game. I didnt realise there was one on wii u so will check that out tonight. Might be nice for a bit of short burst fun which could be a good alternative to the very addictive Dr Luigi which I currently use for short bursts.

All of that said Windwaker is taking up what little gaming time I have currently. Must try get a couple of hours in later.

• Advertisement

I'd pick up steamworld dig only I have enough platforming problems at the moment with only being one boss in to DKTF and also wanting to go back to both Mario games on wii u.

I'm tempted by the pinball game. I didnt realise there was one on wii u so will check that out tonight. Might be nice for a bit of short burst fun which could be a good alternative to the very addictive Dr Luigi which I currently use for short bursts.

All of that said Windwaker is taking up what little gaming time I have currently. Must try get a couple of hours in later.

If you have Steamworld Dig on the 3DS, you get a 25% discount if you are buying it for the Wii U (as mentioned above).
    http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/europeans-who-own-steamworld-dig-on-3ds-get-25-discount-on-wii-u-version/

Don't know if I'll but anything else this week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.hitari.co.uk/super-smash-brothers-nintendo-wii-u.html this is from HUKD, 40 euro for smash bros wii u is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://www.hitari.co.uk/super-smash-brothers-nintendo-wii-u.html this is from HUKD, 40 euro for smash bros wii u is pretty good.

Hitari actually have very quick delivery times as well.

I just preordered Smash Bros from HD Wow. €40.79 to me is a fair price.

It says the release date is the 05/12/14 so it'll cut it close with HD Wows delivery times generally being a week or two.

If its get to before xmas day great. If not it'll be a nice new year gift to myself.

I'll probably have forgotten I order it by then anyway as I tend to get 3 or 4 games around that time of year. :o

Tearaway was my stand out xmas game last year on the Vita. It'll be interesting to see how Smash Bros fairs.

.....Was just looking at Hyrule warriors priced at €34.39. As much as I didnt find Dynasty Warriors that interesting the bottom line is Hyrule Warriors is an exclusive I will probably pick up at some point and being a Nintendo title probably means it wont decrease in price much so I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this as well. I'll give it a bit of thought today and see.

.............more editing sorry...

Was looking at Captain Toad, according to Zavvi this will have a pre xmas release as well. If thats true it's looking like a Nintendo end of year for me as Bayonetta 2 is also coming out this year.

So many games, so little time. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Was looking at Captain Toad, according to Zavvi this will have a pre xmas release as well. If thats true it's looking like a Nintendo end of year for me as Bayonetta 2 is also coming out this year.

Unfortunately Captain Toad has moved to January in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say that Smash date is just a placeholder as don't think an official date has been announced. Could be sooner, could be later

As for Captain Toad, it has been confirmed to be delayed in Europe until January

abbir wrote: »
    Unfortunately Captain Toad has moved to January in Europe.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say that Smash date is just a placeholder as don't think an official date has been announced. Could be sooner, could be later

As for Captain Toad, it has been confirmed to be delayed in Europe until January

Thats a bit of a shame on Captain Toad. That said it means something to look forward to early 2015.

As for Smash we'll see I suppose. I reckon it'll be a pre xmas release though. Apart from Zelda next year its probably the last big name Nintendo release that they'll hope will shift some consoles so they'll want it to be out for xmas I'd imagine.

Dont get me wrong Bayonetta 2 and Toad will sell copies but I doubt either are system sellers the way a Zelda or Smash tiltle are.

Smash is scheduled for Holiday 2014 so that's November/December timeframe

The 8GB Wii U with the Wii mote and Wii U Party and Nintendoland has dropped to €179.99 (€194.68 Delivered) on Amazon Italy.

It may be cheaper again if you use Parcel Motel.

3DS XL Blue and Black is €161.32 Delivered from Amazon Italy.
    :)

Looks like I may be buying one for my travels... :)
    (If I ever go..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Thats a bit of a shame on Captain Toad. That said it means something to look forward to early 2015.

As for Smash we'll see I suppose. I reckon it'll be a pre xmas release though. Apart from Zelda next year its probably the last big name Nintendo release that they'll hope will shift some consoles so they'll want it to be out for xmas I'd imagine.

Dont get me wrong Bayonetta 2 and Toad will sell copies but I doubt either are system sellers the way a Zelda or Smash tiltle are.

If the delay of Toad showed us anything it's that Smash will definitely be pre-Christmas, otherwise Nintendo has nothing for the holiday which is just unrealistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pikmin 1 on Wii, 8.99 delivered from www.shop4ie.com
    never used them myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

sweetie wrote: »
    Pikmin 1 on Wii, 8.99 delivered from www.shop4ie.com
    never used them myself

tis out of stock :(

Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Edition is €22.85 Delivered on Zavvi.

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/sonic-lost-world/10977952.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Can't find Mario 3D World cheaper anywhere else. Postage is a fiver though so next time I'm passing one of their stores I'm gonna grab a copy.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496332778#.VAOiM_mwKtF

Genius :)

Nintendo getting me to buy all the games again.... (Ongoing)

--- AND NOT MIND!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Any time I see a deal where having a 3DS game on your NNID gets a discount for a WiiU game I feel sickened that my 3DS account is locked to an old WiiU that I sold on and couldn't recover.

Tropical Freeze dropped below £30 again on Amazon.

£29.86 (£30.60 at checkout with Irish VAT, so not below £30). Not in stock, but I ordered anyway

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CMJ1K5Q/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A few deals in the UK on New Super Mario Bros U, but it looks like Amazon are now following suit -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii/dp/B00844Q4EA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1409668340&sr=8-4&keywords=new+super+mario+bros
    £18.99, but only £6.01 short of free delivery.

Which is exactly how much the Best Of UB40 costs...
    is this some sort of Ninty hint? Will there be an Ali Cambell Amiibo? Are we going to be celebrating the anniversary of the Magnavox Odyssey distribution deal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement