Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You really think there's anyone left who hasn't got a copy of The Best of UB40 already? Dunno what I would do with a second copy.

Bayonetta 2 has dropped £8 to £31.85. Should I wait and see or just go ahead and purchase, cancelling nearer the time if I want to?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayonetta-2-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00BCWYRJA/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Bayonetta 2 has dropped £8 to £31.85. Should I wait and see or just go ahead and purchase, cancelling nearer the time if I want to?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayonetta-2-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00BCWYRJA/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I preordered it when it was £40 with the idea I can cancel nearer if I change my mind. Thankfully amazon will drop the price they charge me if I do decide to get the game in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You really think there's anyone left who hasn't got a copy of The Best of UB40 already? Dunno what I would do with a second copy.

I'm waiting to see is there a special edition with the first game included or and other special stuff. I like special stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Description says first game is included.

But will see what tomorrow's Direct says as well. Ordered anyway at that price. Can cancel later if need be. was tempted to order Hyrule warriors at the same pice but going to wait and see on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Description says first game is included.

But will see what tomorrow's Direct says as well. Ordered anyway at that price. Can cancel later if need be. was tempted to order Hyrule warriors at the same pice but going to wait and see on that one

the first one was announced as included way back at E3 during the trailer shown there. at the very end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Is Bayonetta 2 coming with the first Bayonetta here too?

Or is only a USA/Japan type bundle?

nix wrote: »
    Is Bayonetta 2 coming with the first Bayonetta here too?

Or is only a USA/Japan type bundle?

From Nintendo's UK website

"Available from day one, discover a special edition package containing both Bayonetta 2 and the original Bayonetta, newly enhanced with Wii U exclusive content and features."

Amazon.co.uk also says it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ordered it too, cheers CastorTroy. I enjoyed the first game on xbox until I lent it to a mate and never got it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

abbir wrote: »
    From Nintendo's UK website

"Available from day one, discover a special edition package containing both Bayonetta 2 and the original Bayonetta, newly enhanced with Wii U exclusive content and features."

Amazon.co.uk also says it.

Nice, will have to pick that up from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00BCWYRJA/
    As above, bayo2 +1 for 41 euro(at current exchange rate).

bAArguH.png
    I've been on to amazon about my earlier pre-order since Friday.
    Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Any time I see a deal where having a 3DS game on your NNID gets a discount for a WiiU game I feel sickened that my 3DS account is locked to an old WiiU that I sold on and couldn't recover.

If you have the serial number, or maybe if you want to chance it without it, you could phone nintendo about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Awesome Yoshi plushie on Stars catalogue
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/yoshi-plush-soft-toy-242
    5000 stars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Awesome Yoshi plushie on Stars catalogue
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/yoshi-plush-soft-toy-242
    5000 stars

Feck!
    Bought the Zelda case, should've waited!

Looks like I was too late to post on HUKD, but the HUKD crowd are of the opinion that it's priced too high - so this is likely only going to be picked up by people who want it, not people who want to sell it. Which is good news, you have time to buy more games and get more stars :)

Mine should be here in 4 weeks or so, I'll let you know if you're missing much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

My son is looking for a Wii U for his birthbay in October, where is cheapest for the premium package now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

10419514_1689938981231350_5998271543602099446_n.jpg?oh=de0d2260c54a6a5f3952273acd597d7a&oe=548F1115

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

which branch did you see this in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Jervis street.

xabi wrote: »
    My son is looking for a Wii U for his birthbay in October, where is cheapest for the premium package now?

They're €289.99 in Smyths and Gamestop. Gamestop give you two other games included as well (choice of New Super Mario Bros U or Nintendoland and Fifa 13 or Sonic Racing). simplygames.com have the premium pack for £184.99 + delivery, I've no idea what their service is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

abbir wrote: »
    They're €289.99 in Smyths and Gamestop. Gamestop give you two other games included as well (choice of New Super Mario Bros U or Nintendoland and Fifa 13 or Sonic Racing). simplygames.com have the premium pack for £184.99 + delivery, I've no idea what their service is like.

Avoid Simply Games like the plague, they have been investigated by trading standards multiple times in the last two years.

For anyone who pre-ordered Bayonetta 2 on Amazon, they've removed the 2 lines about including Bayonetta 1 from the description. Support were terribly cagey about what's happening although the nature of the non-committal apology over confusion suggests that they're going to ship the Bayonetta 2 solus version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    For anyone who pre-ordered Bayonetta 2 on Amazon, they've removed the 2 lines about including Bayonetta 1 from the description. Support were terribly cagey about what's happening although the nature of the non-committal apology over confusion suggests that they're going to ship the Bayonetta 2 solus version.

If that turns out to be the case, how long do we get to cancel the order? Never cancelled an order from Amazon before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Where can we order the dual package bayonetta?? :(

Nintendo are selling it direct, but someone said they dont do deliveries to Ireland?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If that turns out to be the case, how long do we get to cancel the order? Never cancelled an order from Amazon before.

I have a screen shot of the now missing text which I'll be putting my case forward for.

I have a screen shot of the now missing text which I'll be putting my case forward for.

Yeah I did the same. Also emailed them last night to get clarification, here's the important part of their response:
    I can completely understand your concern. Please be assured that Bayonetta 1 will be included in the game.

I've forwarded your comments to our listing as a valuable feedback and for their consideration. So that they can look into this and make necessary changes on the website.

So I'll have a screen shot and an email if they decide to screw us. :)

Yeah I did the same. Also emailed them last night to get clarification, here's the important part of their response:

So I'll have a screen shot and an email if they decide to screw us. :)

Fair play. I'd say they'll honour it. That said I already own the first game on 360 so I'm too bothered either way. I just like Wii U stuff! Lol

Fair play. I'd say they'll honour it. That said I already own the first game on 360 so I'm too bothered either way. I just like Wii U stuff! Lol

Same, never got far into it on 360 so want to give it a proper shot on Wii-U. I think someone said here that it has some extras in it (those new costumes?) rather than a straight port. Should be good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Sent amazon an email there so will see if they stay consistent in their response.

Update- Their response is:
    Please be informed that we are aware of this issue, and our internal department is working hard to fix this description issue. Once the issue has been resolved you will receive an update from us as soon as possible.

I would like to inform that we don’t debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. Your payment card is charged approximately 24 hours after your parcel enters the dispatch process.

If the game Bayonetta 1 has not been included you will get a refund for your order after dispatch.

Sounds like they are still deciding whether to include it or not. If many people email in they might be convinced to just include it.

I also contacted them, my response was non-committal. There's a lot of confusion, some agents have said that they're definitely shipping the 1+2 version and that's the only version they have, others saying they're definitely shipping the solus version and that's the only version they have.

Cleverly, they have not listed the 1+2 version on the site for pre-order/sale, as that would represent an increase in price of your pre-order in violation of your pre-order price guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I just got the following rather vague mail back about Bayonetta 2:
    From your e-mail, I understand your concern regarding the order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

We have asked our product team to look into this issue. Please note that while most issues are resolved within 5 business days, in some cases it may take longer for us to investigate. I will contact you again within 5 business days with an update. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Advertisement

Same, never got far into it on 360 so want to give it a proper shot on Wii-U. I think someone said here that it has some extras in it (those new costumes?) rather than a straight port. Should be good. :)

I played through the full game on 360. It's great fun. It's rare I get through games these days but this one hooked me.
    So even if it is a straight port it's a treat.

Based on a few emails I think I'll do the same this evening. If we all do it hopefully they will include it.

Something for nothing and all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement