Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The strange thing is that not only are they causing confusion for those who've preordered, but if anyone goes to their site looking for the version with both games, it's not there which means the loss of a potential sale. So you'd think they'd want to get this sorted sooner rather than later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

The thing with amazon and Bayonetta 2 that is really weird (and bad timing) is it is only recently that they dropped the price to £31.85, 3rd of September. Before that it was £39.85 which is the same price as shopto for the Limited edition with both games. If they hadn't reduced the price, there probably wouldn't be any confusion and they would've just converted the current listing to Bayonetta 1 & 2 and then released a cheaper Solus edition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got an email back from an enquiry this afternoon to Amazon concerning Bayonetta 2.
    Essentially they apologise for the confusion and maintain they are not sure what the product will contain, as regards the presence of Bayonetta or not, and ask for patience while it's sorted out.
    But they also point out that the product has not been bought yet, my account has not been debited.
    This all suggests they are preparing to let a lot of people down, with the wholesale replacement of the orders with the Solus edition or an opportunity to withdraw our orders if not satisfied.

I did express my disappointment with the position of Amazon on this, and hoped there wouldn't be a unilateral change to my order for a lesser product.

Not sure if this is going to make any difference though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Latest from Amazon, a little more hope than the last tbh...

I'm sorry to hear that the description for the item Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) was changed after you have placed the order.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation.

Please be informed that our Video Games team is currently investigating this issue and you might get the first version of Bayonetta or the Special Edition of the game.

Which is promising

But....

We will update our customers regarding this issue before the release date. Rest assured that you will receive the item regards to the value you are going to pay for your order.

Which is a little more worrying in all honesty!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So everyone is getting vague responses except for me, I've been assured that I'm getting 1 & 2! :pac: Not banking on that tbh.

Sure there's plenty of time yet for the situation to get clarified.

• Advertisement

I'm waiting a little bit before contacting Amazon about Bayonetta. They're probably being inundated with queries about it so I'm going to wait for it to settle down.

CastorTroy wrote: »

The plot thickens. :)

I'd love to know how many folks pre-ordered the first link - wonder is it in the 100s or over 1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd say they'll honour the Pre-Orders placed at £39.99, call the £31.99 pre-orders a pricing error - which gets them out of their Pre-Order Guarantee - but they'll take their time so that there's plenty of opportunity for people to upgrade / come to terms with their order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I ordered at the weekend too, I reckon the order will be downgraded. Oh well, would rather know sooner rather than later so can adjust accordingly!

EDIT: My order page contains this update:

2w4kwnt.png

Just live chatted to customer support out of curiosity: "As your order is the standered edition, it is not provided with a copy of the first Bayonetta game."

• Advertisement

I don't have that note on mine.

If they're changing the order they would need to send a mail at least for those who don't constantly check their orders, or those who choose to play dumb. :)

If it isn't included then I'll just hold off on getting it and maybe just add it to my Santa list this year.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't have that note on mine.

If they're changing the order they would need to send a mail at least for those who don't constantly check their orders, or those who choose to play dumb. :)

If it isn't included then I'll just hold off on getting it and maybe just add it to my Santa list this year.

Same here, order page hasn't changed for me:

AB2bjqL.jpg

Like yourself, I want both games so if they don't stick to the original product description then I'll just cancel the order and get it some other time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just confirmed to me now, that they were updated today, and told that Bayonetta 1 will NOT be included in that order.

I went ahead and cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EDIT: My order page contains this update:

2w4kwnt.png

I pre-ordered too, mine hasn't changed But....

Might i suggest the update/change might only be showing for users who ordered while the "Includes the 1st game" test was still in the item description

I pre-ordered on the 5th, when did you pre-order this?

I ordered Sept 3rd, so before the other editions were announced.

That might be the crucial difference, but did the product say "Includes the 1st game" at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Cormac... wrote: »
    That might be the crucial difference, but did the product say "Includes the 1st game" at the time?

I ordered the 3rd as well and I checked first. It definitely said that. Have had no update yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aha, the update only appears when you go into the contact us section, not on the standard order details page. Check there!

Just going to cancel it and change to the special edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, a girl told me via Amazon Chat.. Said that they were told today.

Saying that, I only preordered on Sunday..

Aha, the update only appears when you go into the contact us section, not on the standard order details page. Check there!

But it's still pretty pricey compared to the versions new/2nd hand on PS3 and X-box. I found one for €5 on Adverts

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    But it's still pretty pricey compared to the versions new/2nd hand on PS3 and X-box. I found one for €5 on Adverts

I still own my release copy of the first game :)

I normally wouldn't pay extra for a minor revision to a game I already have, but given Bayonetta is probably my favourite game from the last console generation I'll happily pay a few extra euro for the Nintendo-ified update on top of what I was going to pay for the sequel anyway. Still works out cheaper than the solus release will be in bricks and mortar.

Wonder if they'll price match shopto at least since they're charging £39.85
    http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUBA02-bayonetta-2-inc-bayonetta-1

Where's the 'contact us' section? Can't see it for the life of me. :)

That's crap, going to email them and ask why I was told Bay1 would be included.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Where's the 'contact us' section? Can't see it for the life of me. :)

Try here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_order?nodeId=10293911

Should be a yellow contact us button on the right hand side!

Try here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_order?nodeId=10293911

Should be a yellow contact us button on the right hand side!

Top man thanks.

I emailed them again last night saying I noticed the sneaky notice hidden on the Contact Us page about Bay1 only being included in the Special Edition. I asked could they please confirm if I will get Bay1+2 that I had ordered (and which I was assured by their colleague by email I would) or not. If not then I could go about cancelling the order.

So I got a response back this morning from another rep apologising and saying they are dependent on their suppliers for product descriptions etc (fair enough). But that they will honour the original pre-order price and description since I had been promised it. So I had to cancel the original pre-order, then pre-order the Special Edition and will email them for a refund when it is dispatched. Basically getting the SE (£47.52) for £32.64. Result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sorry to interrupt the Bayonnetagate discussion, but Amazon Watch Update!
    Wind Waker down to £30. Which is a lot more than free but since the Mariokart promo is over, this is... ok... ish.

Monster Hunter is down to £39.85. Which is still REALLY expensive, but given it's been sitting on £45-50 for a while it's ok. Ish. If you're not willing to go 2nd hand.

AC Black Flag is down to £15.87. Which is grand, but it was cheaper in the UbiSoft eShop sale a few weeks ago.

Hyrule Historia dropped to £12.50ish yesterday. Not sure if it's still there. Can't decide if I want to buy it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Banjo wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt the Bayonnetagate discussion, but Amazon Watch Update!
    Wind Waker down to £30. Which is a lot more than free but since the Mariokart promo is over, this is... ok... ish.

Monster Hunter is down to £39.85. Which is still REALLY expensive, but given it's been sitting on £45-50 for a while it's ok. Ish. If you're not willing to go 2nd hand.

AC Black Flag is down to £15.87. Which is grand, but it was cheaper in the UbiSoft eShop sale a few weeks ago.

Hyrule Historia dropped to £12.50ish yesterday. Not sure if it's still there. Can't decide if I want to buy it or not.

Hyrule Hystoria is brilliant. Easily worth that.

Hopefully the final update on the Bayonettagate discussion from me... :P

My Special Edition pre-order just had it's price reduced now rather then having to request a refund on dispatch. Great service from Amazon to be fair to them. If anyone else hasn't yet cancelled their original pre-order I'd suggest contacting them again and seeing can you get the SE for the cheaper price.

ZGm1Uph.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hopefully the final update on the Bayonettagate discussion from me... :P

I am about to contact them now. Thanks for the picture, it'll help in my argument being able to point to someone else. It's how I got the £199 Wii U on launch :D

• Advertisement

I got another email from Amazon confirming the decision that I have preordered the solus edition of Bayonetta 2, providing a link to the product page, and informing me I was welcome to cancel my preorder and make a new preorder for the LE that comes with the prequel on disk, again with a link to that product page.

Not a happy bunny me....

I fired off a suitably p1ssed off email.
    Very unhappy with this.
    Having my order changed unilaterally and not being sold the item as described and so on.

Feck!

I fear the dream is nearly over, I may just cancel the order and shop around for a cheaper option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement