Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be fair to Amazon, I think it's more Nintendo's fault here, having seemingly indicated that all copies of the game would ship with the original game only to turn back and announce a three version release instead. Things do inevitably change when it comes to pre-ordered items, and that's outside Amazon's control. Amazon's only mistake was waiting a few days to update the product pages.

It's great that they're honouring the price in some cases - Amazon are second to none when it comes to customer service, especially for such a huge company - but I'd also sympathise with them getting screwed over a bit when Nintendo revealed the actual details of the release. Maybe they should have checked their facts more thoroughly before putting up the pre-order page, but the suggestion seemed to be the game would ship with the original. Worth trying to get the reduced price, but I wouldn't consider them a deserving of ire in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got another email from Amazon confirming the decision that I have preordered the solus edition of Bayonetta 2, providing a link to the product page, and informing me I was welcome to cancel my preorder and make a new preorder for the LE that comes with the prequel on disk, again with a link to that product page.

Not a happy bunny me....

I fired off a suitably p1ssed off email.
    Very unhappy with this.
    Having my order changed unilaterally and not being sold the item as described and so on.

Feck!

I fear the dream is nearly over, I may just cancel the order and shop around for a cheaper option.

The way I'm goin to deal with it is wait and see what they actually send me. If it's like my Wii U and they send me the console but minus the games that were wrongly mentioned in the description that's when i contact them and make my case.

It ain't over yet lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm pretty sure I remember mention of a 2 game edition and a single game edition back when it was announced Bayonetta 1 would come with it. So there was that and also why lower the price by £8 the day before the Direct when more details would be revealed. Details which, from my understanding, sites like Amazon usually get in advance since how often do we hear of amazon leaking games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I ordered on the 5th and was just told in a chat that I was getting an official mail on it within 24 hours.

....here's hoping the witch ain't a bitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendo have to have the worst marketing team any company has ever had.

When the big games come out, they're not hard to market, they do the work themselves, but the rest of the time.. :(

We're (Ireland) pretty much left out of every scenario (EU/USA/AU/JAP/UK)
    We seem to get the leftovers of the UK, preorders/Special Editions/Limited Editions etc.. are very hard to get from here..

Anyway... ranting ending, I also believe the Amazon mistake is Nintendo's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got another email confirming that if I want Bayonetta in the package I will have to buy the LE, they provided the link confirming the new price on the product page.
    I have asked them to confirm this is the price I have to pay, despite my preorder.
    I am seeing what better value might be out there now, must cancel the preorder and move on.
    The email did say that this is what people in my position are being asked to do, so I'm not alone, with a handful getting satisfaction from Amazon, but only because of early confusion it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When had you pre-ordered yours Le Cidré?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Kirby's epic yarn 11 and Skyward sword 13 in argos for those interested.

Anybody see a cheap wiimote charger knocking about in tescos or somewhere? The one I got years ago is touch and go...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    When had you pre-ordered yours Le Cidré?

Oh, not that long ago, the 9th :(

Cancelled the order and found one for, still, less that £40 online, going to go for that instead.
    Amazon can suck a chubby one.
    Doesn't matter that there might have been an error beyond their control, they posted an item and it should have been sold as such to those who preordered it.
    And instead they just formed an answer over the day or so it took to change the description and stuck to it.
    "We're sorry you're disappointed"
    "Please allow us to suggest you cancel your order and here's the link to the SE edition instead, for £48"
    Shag it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Oh, not that long ago, the 9th :(

Cancelled the order and found one for, still, less that £40 online, going to go for that instead.
    Amazon can suck a chubby one.
    Doesn't matter that there might have been an error beyond their control, they posted an item and it should have been sold as such to those who preordered it.
    And instead they just formed an answer over the day or so it took to change the description and stuck to it.
    "We're sorry you're disappointed"
    "Please allow us to suggest you cancel your order and here's the link to the SE edition instead, for £48"
    Shag it anyway.

Can I ask where you got it in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ugggghhhhh. Much line towage here

Amazon Chat:
    Amazon Your AccountAmazon.co.uk
    Message From Customer Service

Hello,
    Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Hi, my Pre-order for ORDER # 026-2914803-4528348 was meant to include the Original Bayonetta 1 game too. Now that item has been listed separately here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayonetta-Special-Edition-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00NBPD4NG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1410430281&sr=8-13&keywords=bayonetta+2 at a higher price

11:16 AM BST Derek(Amazon): I'm sorry to hear about this. You're speaking to Derek and I'll be happy to help you.
    11:16 AM BST Cormac: Hi Derek
    11:17 AM BST Cormac: Can you please assist me with this as it's false advertising, I appreciate there are 2 versions of the game, but the version I pre-ordered should have included the 1st game
    11:19 AM BST Derek(Amazon): Due to an error with listings it was listed incorrectly on the website as this Promotion should only have applied to the Special Edition of the game.
    11:20 AM BST Cormac: I understand that, but that was not my mistake, if I preordered it under certain conditions (the 1st game included) the pre-order should honour that
    11:22 AM BST Derek(Amazon): I understand this and appreciate where you are coming from. If you wish to return the game we will refund you and all you would need to do is place an order for the Special Edition where you will receive both games.
    11:23 AM BST Cormac: And pay an extra £15 I did not agree to in the 1st place?

I rage-disconneted shortly afterwards

E-mail:
    This is Samantha from Amazon.co.uk,the agent who picked up your recent email.

I understand this and appreciate where you are coming from. The Standard Edition of Bayonetta 2 is not provided with a copy of the first Bayonetta game.

Please order the Special Edition of the game to receive this extra. If you wish to return the game we will refund you and all you would need to do is place an order for the Special Edition where you will receive both games.

:(:(:(

*Cancels Pre-Order as it was primarily or my partner anyway, she'll have to make do with Hyrule Warriors*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

They told me to order a Special Edition copy and they'd alter the price to be the same as what I preordered. I pointed out to them that I ordered the game last June so it had been written on my preorder for just under 3 months.

smokingman wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got it in the end?

I got it here,
    Video Game Box
    And here's the link to the discount code
    link to cheapness!

Seems to be one of the cheapest about.

Compared to Amazon who are selling it at the equivalent of €60, so a saving of €7, or just over 10% in total, which is nice, and Amazon can go and fup themselves.

It's amazing how agreeable the people are in customer service at Amazon, how pleasant and helpful they sound, even when they are telling you "tough luck, you've to pay more"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's amazing how agreeable the people are in customer service at Amazon, how pleasant and helpful they sound, even when they are telling you "tough luck, you've to pay more"

I'd have to echo JU's sentiments above, Amazons customer service is gold standard. I'd also agree this sounds like dropping the ball with regard supplying accurate information to retailers. Amazon prob came up with a policy of honoring pre-orders for the two disc version depending on how early it was pre ordered, you may have been just too late pre ordering it Cidey.

I'm 42 but not too old to have a tantrum glob damn it!
    Truth is I knew it was a long shot but the only way you'll know is keeping up the pressure.
    Plus no money was debited from my card so no transaction had occurred.
    Anyhow, I got a good deal in the end and saved a bit on the store price here, so all's well and all that.

Did you all get mails from Amazon about it? I haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »

Not a thing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nope, no mails. Nothing showing on the "My orders" page, and yet when you go to the "Contact us" page, it shows up that alert.

I had a long talk with one of their reps yesterday, stating that as I ordered on the 5th, when they had Bayonetta 1 listed as included in the description, and there was only that one option available, it was not a case of ordering the wrong version, but rather that they'd changed the details of the order with no notification unless you go looking in the right place, not even anything on their site to state the order had been changed, and that it looks makes it look like sharp practice on Amazon's part.

They're to get back to me today or Monday.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    Not a thing yet.

Don't bother with emailing them, use their webchat service to deal with the customer reps themselves directly.

• Advertisement

I won't be in contact with them. They should let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Andrew76 wrote:
    Same here, order page hasn't changed for me:

when did you originally order? I ordered on the 3rd, Ive spent thousands with Amazon so I'm not letting this go easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I web chatted on Sunday and basically got a 5-working-day fob while they formulate a response. When the Ltd edition got listed separately on Monday I mailed them - because effectively they've changed the price of my pre-order, which was guaranteed, but they're asking me to re-order at a higher price which surely is in violation of that guarantee? - and was given an "I see X is already dealing with your query" fob. I'm going to let it ride till monday morning and then start loading both my barrels with rock salt, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.

In non-Bayonetta news,
    Need For Speed WiiU for around €22 on Amazon.Fr courtesy of HUKD. Zer eez pas du soophair savuur pour les froncheez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Expand-your-collection-of-top-titles-with-the-Nintendo-3DS-Winter-2014-Bonus-Game-Promotion-917410.html
    Expand your collection of top titles with the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion

11/09/2014
    11th September 2014 – With the winter season on its way, Nintendo has today announced a new promotion for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems, the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion, which is sure to appeal to users looking to expand their game collection in preparation for the colder months!
    To take part in the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion, participants simply need to do both of the following:
    • Register a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system with Club Nintendo between 11th September 2014 and 12th January 2015 (23:59 local time); and…
    • Register a copy of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (releasing 3rd October ), Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (both releasing 28th November) with Club Nintendo between 3rd October 2014 and 12th January 2015 (23:59 local time), and fill out the software registration survey – a required action if the copy of the game is purchased at retail.

In return, participants can request a free download code to download one of the following games from Nintendo eShop:
    The free download code can be requested via a user’s Club Nintendo account, with the download code request needing to be completed by 12th February 2015 (23:59 local time). The download code will expire on 12th March 2015 (23:59 local time), and therefore will need to be redeemed by this time. Please note that Club Nintendo members whose age is below the age rating of a game cannot request a download code for that game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Don't bother with emailing them, use their webchat service to deal with the customer reps themselves directly.

I thought about going that route except I wasn't sure if a record is kept of the converstion (and the last time I chatted with a customer service rep was with O2, never again)? With emails at least I have proof of something that was said etc.

It's a bit crap if they don't honour every single pre-order where the description specifically stated Bayonetta 1 is included - otherwise you are not getting the same product you ordered. My 2c anyway.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I thought about going that route except I wasn't sure if a record is kept of the converstion (and the last time I chatted with a customer service rep was with O2, never again)? With emails at least I have proof of something that was said etc.

Understandable, but with Amazon you get emailed a transcript of the chat once the session has closed (you have to tick a box to have it emailed to you but it's definitely an easily seen tick box).
    It's a bit crap if they don't honour every single pre-order where the description specifically stated Bayonetta 1 is included - otherwise you are not getting the same product you ordered. My 2c anyway.

No argument there, they should honor the order where it was placed before the description changed. I think they have in your case though haven't they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Andrew76 wrote: »

The product changed though, outside of Amazon's control, a good two months before release. If they have thousands of orders, expecting then to just take a twenty euro hit on every version is too much of an ask IMO even when it comes to a big company like Amazon.

If they're not communicating the change effectively, that's another concern entirely, and hopefully they will alert everyone via email or something sooner rather than later, otherwise annoyance is justified. And being explicitly told by support that 'your game will ship with Bayonetta 1' like you were even when the change became clear is a case where it's absolutely worthy of a free upgrade. But as customers I think we should also understand there was a miscommunication somewhere along the line between Amazon and Nintendo EU and as with any pre-order I think we should allow leeway when there is a legitimate change to the product. Perhaps the procedure when this happens should just be better clarified somewhere.

The product changed though, outside of Amazon's control, a good two months before release. If they have thousands of orders, expecting then to just take a twenty euro hit on every version is too much of an ask even when it comes to a big company like Amazon.

If they're not communicating the change effectively, that's another concern entirely, and hopefully they will alert everyone via email or something sooner rather than later, otherwise annoyance is justified. And being explicitly told by support that 'your game will ship with Bayonetta 1' like you were even when the change became clear is a case where it's absolutely worthy of a free upgrade. But as customers I think we should also understand there was a miscommunication somewhere along the line between Amazon and Nintendo, and as with any pre-order I think we should allow leeway when there is a legitimate change to the product. Perhaps the procedure when this happens should just be better clarified somewhere.

I agree that Amazon seem to be the ones getting let down by Nintendo. (I wouldn't agree that 20 quid times several 1000 is a big deal for them but that's beisde the point.)

But Amazon offered me a product which I decided to order based on the details of that product. My agreement/contract/(whatever it is) is with Amazon for the item as listed, not for whatever Nintendo decide to do after the fact. Maybe Amazon should pass on the cost of the refunds to Nintendo if they're stuck for a few quid. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with how Amazon has handled my individual case, but it's still my opinion that it's their responsibility to honour their agreement with their customer.

From my very limited understanding of consumer law, no contract is made until any money changes hands. So a pre order in the case of Amazon, is not a contract...they're really under no obligation to fulfill anything until they charge your card.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    From my very limited understanding of consumer law, no contract is made until any money changes hands. So a pre order in the case of Amazon, is not a contract...they're really under no obligation to fulfill anything until they charge your card.

I'm sure you are correct and there's probably lots of small print buried somewhere on their website saying the same. Sure it's not like anyone is going to take them to court over a saving of 20 quid or whatever. Just pisses off a few 1000 customers I guess. No big deal to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement