Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

For those still on the fence
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_162846167_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000758923&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1R4W1X6B1BR4M3CBVNXE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=438332827&pf_rd_i=506846
    32gb nintendoland bundle
    +
    2 games
    =
    £239

There are 2 tiers of games, with Splinter Cell or Zombiu being your best bet for game 1, Assassin's Creed, Rayman or Sonic racing transformed for game 2

But can you live with the plain non-wind-waker controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,243 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Banjo wrote: »
    For those still on the fence
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_162846167_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000758923&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1R4W1X6B1BR4M3CBVNXE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=438332827&pf_rd_i=506846
    32gb nintendoland bundle
    +
    2 games
    =
    £239

There are 2 tiers of games, with Splinter Cell or Zombiu being your best bet for game 1, Assassin's Creed, Rayman or Sonic racing transformed for game 2

But can you live with the plain non-wind-waker controller?

Oh i love my windwaker console :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corroonb

Lego City Undercover Limited Edition, Splinter Cell: Black List and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are all €29.99 in my local Gamestop and there's a 2 for €50 promotion on €29.99 games which was not advertised on the shelves. These are better prices than Amazon particularly for Lego City which is £38 on Amazon. Same prices are on their website but the promo.

HMV have Call of Duty Blops 2 for €29.99 which beats the current interweb prices (Amazon : £39, Zavvi €56, Base £30 etc) and it's B&M... Not the cheapest it's ever been but not far off what you'd have paid from Amazon when it dipped to £19.99+delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

/\/ollog wrote: »
    That's my conundrum, 3DWorld is cheapest there but I'm not sure, since it's a game I'd like to play on release day. :p

I pre-ordered from wow hd.
    They take the money immediately, let's see how delivery goes on the 29th or 27th(?) I know it's 22nd in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

How are wow hd? are they reliable? For some reason Ive always stayed away from them, but I realised I dont have a specific reason why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

Corholio wrote: »
    How are wow hd? are they reliable? For some reason Ive always stayed away from them, but I realised I dont have a specific reason why.

The postage is the iffy part, read back the last page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

+£2 UK delivery. Probably a lot more to Ireland

Ah didn't realise it wasn't amazon. They don't even deliver to Ireland. The amazon price looks to be £12.99.

Apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah didn't realise it wasn't amazon. They don't even deliver to Ireland. The amazon price looks to be £12.99.

Apologies

€17 including delivery through Amazon. They accepted my Irish address; I think that's because it's a sub-store and not Amazon per se.

Robbed from HUKD : Splinter Cell black list £16.99 + delivery on Base.Com
    http://m.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=12343&q=1712270

Injustice : Gods Among Us is back down to €19.99 on Zavvi (not listed on their WiiU page for Mega Monday though - god bless the persistent basket!)
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/injustice-gods-among-us/10620417.html

Also, Base.com have Deus Ex for £16.99 + £1.29 delivery (add them yourself, I'm not your calculator!). Don't think the DVD10 code is still live but worth a punt if you've not used it before.
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-wii-u/dgc-deusexwiiu.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console--Black-Premium-Pack--Nintendoland-!125012-prd.aspx

Seems to be the best console offer out there at the minute @ €249.
    Premium console and nintendo land.

So for another €50 or less you could get a game of your choice bringing it to the €299 mark that some bundles are with coded games vs physical copies.

That said I'm still holding out incase they do this bundle in the retail shops pre xmas for a decent price. Fingers crossed!!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/21/new-super-mario-3d-world-gets-299-wii-u-bundle-4196700/

Rayman Legends coming up on Amazon Black Friday at 10:15am today
    As you can see from the last couple of pages, anything over £19.99 is not worth impulse buying - it will drop again, keep the faith :D
    Excellent game, by the way.

Disney Infinity Starter pack at 12:15

Yeah the £19.99 offer didn't last long enough for me to get home. Jumped a good bit in time to go back down for this offer. So think I'll only get it if less than £19.99

£14.99
    Snap it up!
    44% already gone in the time it took to update on my system :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Jaysus, price went to £14.99 and all gone in less than 20 seconds!! Oh well.

• Advertisement

Got it. No thanks to Amazon's page not auto refreshing. Had to refresh then scroll to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Full price again already??

Edit - Ah you have to view it on a certain page I see. On the waitlist now as it's sold out

What way does the waitlist work? :o

If you stay on the site, they'll notify you if it becomes available to you. Each person gets about 10 or 15 mins to complete the transaction otherwise it becomes available to the next person.

It's strange how it works. the price doesn;t update on the product page. You have to click "Add to Basket" on the actual offer. I also found out that you get the Super Saver applied based on the pre offer price. So even though I was under the £25 requirement, I still got it

If you open the product page in advance and refresh on the dot of when it goes live, you get a "Lightning Deal Offer" add to basket button as well. You can't add it to your basket in advance though, that would be cheating and also very difficult to regulate for limited offers.

I accidentally put this in my basket while impatiently clicking as I was waiting for the page to refresh, so it went back in the pool, hopefully went to a good home.

Injustice is on offer at 9:15 tomorrow, unless they change their minds again like they did yesterday with Rayman, which was meant to be on offer at 6:15 yesterday evening until it was removed during the day

• Advertisement

YUS! Refreshed the page & there was an add to basket option which I very speedily clicked :)

Edit : ^^^ I'm going to assume that that was my one and feel good about myself for the next ten mins :)

Zavvi still have Injustice for €21 so if it doesn't drop below £17 and you're not fussed about delivery times, or if you're going to be stuck in commuter
    traffic at that time (that's not busy enough for browsing) stay your hand!

Wonder how many copies of Rayman there were since at least 2 of us here got a copy each

Disney Infinity for £34.99 (£29.99 on 3DS)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Friday-Deals/b?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=161428031&ref_=gbdp_AVMG0XVXSNUXN_B00ASHTMMC

Decent price, about 8 quid off the previous low price from earlier in the year. game doesn't look amazing though, might be best to wait for the next iteration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I take it the Rayman deal is totally finished now. Absolutely raging I missed it. Its back up at 30 again as well!

• Advertisement

They usually repeat some deals. Like Battlefield 4 is on again tomorrow. I'm waiting for the Hobbit Extended Blu Ray to go on again after it happened at the same time as a meeting I had to attend yesterday. Stoopid work!

Wooo Smurfs 2 for 3DS and wii U tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Lego City Undercover Wii U bundle with Rayman Legends is in the Lightning Deal on Amazon at 9:15 tomorrow morning

Lego City Undercover Wii U bundle with Rayman Legends is in the Lightning Deal on Amazon at 9:15 tomorrow morning

ok that got my attention...

buuut.... ive never bought anything on black friday before so a little confused

sooo.... i take it the 239pounds sterling price will be discounted but we dont know how much by until tomorrow at 9.15am

then... theres very limited numbers of stock so get in quick sorta thing.

am i right

anything else i should know before potentially going for this

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

sooo.... i take it the 239pounds sterling price will be discounted but we dont know how much by until tomorrow at 9.15am

am i right

thanks

Be quick, will probably be gone in a refresh of a page. You add it to basket if you can, then you get 15 minutes to decide if you want it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

am i right

thanks

Might be worth your while setting up a parcel motel account in case that seller doesn't ship to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

brevity wrote: »
    Might be worth your while setting up a parcel motel account in case that seller doesn't ship to Ireland.

Think all black Friday deals are from amazon themselves, don't think 3rd party sellers feature (open to correction though)

There's a good chance there may only be 1 or 2 available.

The thing should auto refresh but for me it has just counted to zero and done nothing so I had to manually refresh.

The last deal for today has started but they start every 15 mins from 8am, so maybe watch one or 2 change to get an idea of what may need to be done.

But as was suggested, if you see the Add to Basket, click it, then decide if you want it. And be watching on the Black Friday Deals page because the product page doesn't auto update

Be quick, will probably be gone in a refresh of a page. You add it to basket if you can, then you get 15 minutes to decide if you want it or not.

i'll give it a go but knowing my luck theres not a chance in hell i'll get one. :rolleyes:

Arkham Origins £19.99
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CBURUMS/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_4?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That was Origins. Not City!

Doesn't look like a lightning deal, just a deal :D

Injustice Wii U for £14.99...worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

I've got a Wii U 32GB Premium with Rayman Legends and Lego Undercover for £199 in my amazon basket...

Clicked on the deal and now I've got 7 minutes to decide do I want to buy the thing.

Agggh!

quad_red wrote: »
    I've got a Wii U 32GB Premium with Rayman Legends and Lego Undercover for £199 in my amazon basket...

Clicked on the deal and now I've got 7 minutes to decide do I want to buy the thing.

Agggh!

Dzoo iiit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Agggh!

Unles you have one already, buy it!!!! Lego City FTW!

Myrddin wrote: »

Is it worth it? Do ye play anything other than Mario or Rayman?

Isn't third party support pretty much gone!!

http://www.troll.me/images/home-simpson-panic/home-simpson-panic.jpg

Think I'll pass. Maybe if was £10 or less. Even though I'm a DC fan and have read all the Injustice comics, I have enough unplayed fighting games thanks to PS+ such as the latest Mortal Kombat.

So the Wii U went for £199.99. Wonder if Murphy had any luck. Going by the percentages claimed, there must've been 5 available

Is it worth it? Do ye play anything other than Mario or Rayman?

Isn't third party support pretty much gone!!

http://www.troll.me/images/home-simpson-panic/home-simpson-panic.jpg

Even if planning on getting a PS4 or XBox 1, it's the suggestion to go along with either.

Lego City is a great fun game

So the Wii U went for £199.99. Wonder if Murphy had any luck. Going by the percentages claimed, there must've been 5 available

Well, I just opened amazon and the deal started 9 seconds later. So I just clicked it as it opened.

But I don't know if I want the thing :/

Myrddin wrote: »

Jealous. I couldnt even find the link.

Still baffled by this. I click on black friday deals.. it brings me to a page where it doesnt show and "lightning deals" and I can choose a category on the left say video games and then it just brings me to regular priced stuff. ARGH!! :mad:

£199 isnt the price I was hoping for but its still cheaper than in the shops so would have picked it up.

Anyway gone now.

If anyone has a link to the "lightning deals" I'd welcome it.

thanks.

edit ... I did find them last night on my home laptop but here in work I just dont seem to be able to find them at all.

Maybe I'm just tired and cranky but I'm pretty pissed off about this! .

.. Im more than likely doing something incredibly stupid. God I need a coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Agggh!
    You should. You can always sell it on if you don't want it. You shouldn't lose the chance at that price.

• Advertisement

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Premium-Legends-Undercover/dp/B00GASFGEQ/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8827_fda44b8a?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1DKJGD3K3XA2ARF76G8D&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827

People letting them go again so they're available. Click the Lightnigng deal link and sort by PC and video games.

Seem to be a lot available actually. People don't know a good thing when they see it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement