Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd say i'm more slightly vexed that fully fledged pi$$ed off tbh :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

True. It's more an annoyance when you think you're getting a bargain, and I wasn't under any illusion I was legally entitled to any sort of refund or whatever.

Funnily enough I just got some automated email from Amazon saying they are looking into my order because of information change. Even though that order has been cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They should go all Miracle on 34th Street and send a link to where the Special Edition is cheapest to buy. :)

Cancelled my Bayonetta Pre-Order yesterday and got this today in my e-mail
    You recently purchased Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) Standard Edition:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/product/B00BCWYRJA

We're aware that the product details indicated that this edition would include the first Bayonetta game. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll contact you with an update by 16 September, 2014, if not sooner.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got that too despite cancelling, curious to see how that works out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just got this mail from amazon;

We're aware that the product details indicated that this edition would include the first Bayonetta game. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. We'll contact you with an update by 16 September, 2014, if not sooner.

What does that mean?!

The original e-mail I got back from "Samantha" outlining there policy had a little box to say "Was this Helpful"
    I hit "No' and they ask you to rate their policy (poorly) and give them feedback so I wrote:
    I'm completely dissatisfied by Amazons response on this. All I wanted was the game as originally advertised at the price advertised As a regular loyal customer this has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth regarding the Amazon brand

And then a button pops up saying "Call me" and you can give them an opportunity to call you to cancel

I've now:
    Chatted them
    E-mailed Them
    Given Feedback
    Asked them to call me

There's literally so many ways to stir the $hit with them it's great.
    I have to say their "Contact" methods are 2nd to none.
    I imagine there's a log of all this on my account now.
    Hopefully it'll help my case

UPDATE:

I'm going to go and Highly recommend anyone with this issue do what I've outlined above. *cough Call Me Button cough*.

Because..... well..... ;)

Picture+26.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got that email just now as well, that said I've bought and paid for it elsewhere already.
    Well if they offer a deal I'll take it and cancel my other purchase.
    It's all a bit mad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got one of those "Back to you by September 16th" mails too.
    I'd a long talk at one of the Amazon reps yesterday, basing my argument on the fact that they changed the product description with no notification to the buyers, until they actually go on to the "Contact us" page reeks of sharp practice. Also, as they tried to state that I ordered the standard edition rather than the special edition (providing links to both) I counter argued that the 'special edition' didn't exist when I ordered, and from the description of the product, I believed it to be the special edition. She stopped trying to persuade me and said that a colleague would be in touch soon, as I'd an open ticket on this.

At which point I apologised for ranting at her, as I knew it's not her fault, but that it's a frustrating situation to be in!

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    I got one of those "Back to you by September 16th" mails too.

Do what I outlined above, it'll cure what ails you ;)

Also I should point out I had canceled my pre-order.... originally ;)

Look all i'm gonna say is:
    Further to our conversation, I have amended the cost of your new order to £32.64 in line with the price originally paid for Bayonetta 2 - Special Edition (Nintendo Wii U).

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I went down the phone call route to them. No dice.

I then tried the chat route....

Likhitha:I understand and am sorry to hear that the order was not as expected.

Likhitha:In this case, I request you to cancel the order and place a new order of the Special Edition of Bayonetta 2.

Likhitha:What I will do for you is that, I will honour the same price for you.

So I then cancelled my original copy, ordered the special edition and its been sorted in the backround that I pay the original price for the special edition. :)

I got the mail. Will see what they do by their deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm not saying anything.
    Fist pump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

on the phone at the mo, no luck yet. Have asked for a manager....on hold
    20 mins and counting....

and result after 29 mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »
    on the phone at the mo, no luck yet. Have asked for a manager....on hold
    20 mins and counting....

Based on my phone call earlier of say phoning is a waste of time. The chat person sorted me out quite quickly

I'd imagine if they're doing it for one they'll do it for all once queried.

Good luck btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

complaining works :-) giving it to me for the original price with the original

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great to see more and more folks getting sorted out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Same problem with B2 for me too. Went onto the Amazon customer chat help and they were no help at all.

So I rang them instead, took ages for the girl to figure out what I was on about but she cancelled my perorder, I reordered the special edtion and she changed the price there and then for me!

So I'm all sorted now for the special edtion for the price of the solo edtion, nice one!

I advice everyone to do this too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Nollog

I only got the email after i cancelled :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

God, what the hell have ye folks been doing? I've both Bayonetta 1 & 2 coming to me for under €40 including free postage. No hassle whatsoever. Would like the Collectors Edition but lets face it, there's more chance of Bayonetta turning up in real life than there is of any Irish retailer getting it. And if by some miracle they did get it, they'd charge €100 plus your left testicle.

Where did you get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »
    God, what the hell have ye folks been doing? I've both Bayonetta 1 & 2 coming to me for under €40 including free postage. No hassle whatsoever. Would like the Collectors Edition but lets face it, there's more chance of Bayonetta turning up in real life than there is of any Irish retailer getting it. And if by some miracle they did get it, they'd charge €100 plus your left testicle.

Guess I'll just import from Australia then :'(
    They went the NoA way, packing it in with every game.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I only got the email after i cancelled :(

I had cancelled. Explained that I only did so because of the mixup and mentioned others had been saying they were getting the low price for the special edition and the support person checked my order history and reduced the price of my special edition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have ordered it from Game in a Box and they don't seem to want to allow me to cancel my order there, in the off chance I can get the deal from Amazon.
    Might try the online chat and then, once and if the deal is made available I'll cancel properly the other order.
    It's a difference of about 8 or 9 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I'm just going to wait for this "reply by the 16th" and see what they say. If it isn't good news I'll try calling them up.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    I'm just going to wait for this "reply by the 16th" and see what they say. If it isn't good news I'll try calling them up.

just use the chat option. took me 5 minutes and sorted completely

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

magnumbud wrote: »

I'll try that this evening thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

magnumbud wrote: »

I've done that and still getting the run around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement