Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've done that and still getting the run around.

the 3 things i pointed out in mine were it originally said it was included, it was changed to say it wasnt included without even a mention and that i was now hearing that some people were getting the special edition for the same price as the standard which would be unfair to treat some customers one way and others the other way. i didnt even have to fight beyond my first message saying all that. simply said ok i will look into it and then came back to say my special edition has been discounted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've done exactly the same, and each time I've been told no, that they all have been told to wait for an update tomorrow.
    Guy kept dancing the same line again and again.

:o Then I rage quit.

Absolutely sickened that so many others have had this resolved, and they won't even answer me straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

eShop discounts on Thursday

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €19.99 / £15.99 until 2nd October, normally €49.99 / £39.99)

DuckTales: Remastered (Capcom, €6.74 / £5.39 until 2nd October, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, €6.74 / £5.39 until 2nd October, €14.99 / £11.99)

Wii U eShop Permanent Discounts

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco, €39.99, was €43.99)

Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Bandai Namco, €39.99 / £19.99, was €44.99 / £36.99)

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Bandai Namco, €29.99 / £19.99, was €44.99 / £36.99)

Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco, €29.99 / £24.99, was €39.99 / £36.99)

3DS eShop
    Hyrule Warriors - The Legend of Zelda Promotion
    If any Zelda title (download) is owned on a Nintendo Network account before Hyrule Warriors' release there'll be a 10% discount on the download version of the new game in its first week of release, priced €44.99 / £35.99 instead of €49.99 / £39.99.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo, €34.99 / £30.99 until 26th September, normally €44.99 / 39.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €13.49 / £11.24 until 2nd October, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom, €4.49 / £4.04 / until 2nd October, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom, €9.99 / £8.99 until 2nd October, normally €19.99 / £17.99)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom, €14.99 / £11.99 until 2nd October, normally €24.99 / £19.99)

Real Heroes Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB, €4.99 / £4.49 until 16th October, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Parking Star 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.79 until 9th October, normally €2.99 / £2.49)

Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.69 until 9th October, normally €3.99 / £3.49)

3D Game Collection (Joindots, €5.99 / £5.99 until 9th October, normally €13.99 / £11.99)

Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €6.99 / £6.99 until 9th October, normally €19.99 / £17.99)

Gardenscapes (Joindots, €5.99 / £5.99 until 9th October, normally €14.99 / £14.99)

Jewel Match 3 (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.99 until 9th October, normally €6.99 / £5.99)

3DS eShop Permanent Discounts

One Piece Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco, €24.99, was €28.49)

Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Bandai Namco, €29.99 / £19.99, was €34.99 / £28.49)

Project X Zone (Bandai Namco, €29.99 / £19.99, was €34.99 / £27.99)

Madagascar 3 & The Croods: COMBO PACK (Bandai Namco, €19.99 / £19.99, was €34.99 / £28.49)

re: Bayonettagate
    it was made clear to me that any solution offered to me (and I'm not saying anything was!) was just one guy looking at a problem and identifying a possible solution, it was a one-off thing and not an Amazon policy decision of any kind. I reckon enough people called in and got one-off decisions that a big fat policy lockdown came into play, and people who followed the rules and waited to see what would happen today/tomorrow as per the email are going to get shafted as a result. Which sucks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Banjo wrote: »
    eShop discounts on Thursday
    3DS eShop
    The Legend of Zelda Promotion
    If any Zelda title (download) is owned on a Nintendo Network account before its release there'll be a 10% discount on the download version of the new game in its first week of release, priced €44.99 / £35.99 instead of €49.99 / £39.99.

Um, what? Anyone else understand that wording?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oops - I may have chopped too much off the description when removing the new release info.
    They're saying if you own a Zelda game via the eShop you get €5 off the eShop price of Hyrule Warriors in it's first week of release (which makes it only slightly more expensive than a physical copy, instead of much more...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I've done exactly the same, and each time I've been told no, that they all have been told to wait for an update tomorrow.
    Guy kept dancing the same line again and again.

:o Then I rage quit.

Absolutely sickened that so many others have had this resolved, and they won't even answer me straight.

I've spent a lot of money on amazon and I think this may be the reason I am now like this after hitting that "call me" button and being pretty stubborn...

Picture+26.png

Banjo wrote: »
    Oops - I may have chopped too much off the description when removing the new release info.
    They're saying if you own a Zelda game via the eShop you get €5 off the eShop price of Hyrule Warriors in it's first week of release (which makes it only slightly more expensive than a physical copy, instead of much more...)

Ah, now it makes sense. Thanks.

smokingman wrote: »
    I've spent a lot of money on amazon and I think this may be the reason I am now like this after hitting that "call me" button and being pretty stubborn...

Picture+26.png

:( Seems it's only me they're shafting then. :(

Tried again with the live chat, and this one basically lied to me, told me they have not amended any pre-orders.

After I told him about my friends who've had theirs changed, and even used Andrew's screenshot.

Seriously???!!!

Asked for a manager, and was told that they would email me within 2 hours.

We'll see. :mad:

Manager emailed me with minutes to spare. Basically said "Please understand we are unable to take any actions before the email being sent."

So more lies, as they've sorted a whole bunch of you guys out.

WTF?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One Piece is a weird game, have played the Vita version, wish they had added a dubbed option as the Japanese voices freak me out on it.

Manager emailed me with minutes to spare. Basically said "Please understand we are unable to take any actions before the email being sent."

So more lies, as they've sorted a whole bunch of you guys out.

WTF?!?!
    That sucks dude, are you still going to persevere?

Tomorrow's their deadline. Let's see what they suggest.

smokingman wrote: »
    That sucks dude, are you still going to persevere?

Well this supposed mail is meant to be coming tomorrow. I don't know if I have the patience to deal with them again tonight.

I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Well this supposed mail is meant to be coming tomorrow. I don't know if I have the patience to deal with them again tonight.

I'll see what they say tomorrow.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you so. I'll also keep quiet when I get it so as not to be dickish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just got an email from Amazon confirming that if I want the 2 game pack I have to buy the Special Edition at the new price.
    No discounts for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It really is typical Ireland that those who give out and dont wait their turn are rewarded. Sorry to hear it lads. Maybe give out some more and see. Strange one from Amazon. I know they're under no obligation to make the change but it just strikes me as odd that they've looked after some but not all. I think someone mentioned that they might have been told no more after a certain number of us got the change but thats not right imo. Its terrible customer service to service some but not others depending on when they made contact.

It really is typical Ireland that those who give out and dont wait their turn are rewarded. Sorry to hear it lads. Maybe give out some more and see. Strange one from Amazon. I know they're under no obligation to make the change but it just strikes me as odd that they've looked after some but not all. I think someone mentioned that they might have been told no more after a certain number of us got the change but thats not right imo. Its terrible customer service to service some but not others depending on when they made contact.

I'm still waiting on confirmation either way. Part of the conversation earlier was:
    "It is just our relevant team has been updating each query depending on the date of purchase and I am sure your query will be resolved soon."

You ordered on the 8th Ciderman, right?

[edit]
    I see it was the 9th.
    One of the mails I'd gotten from them said:
    "However, for the customers who ordered before September 09, 2014, we are actively working on a solution with the retail team to provide the best customer experience."

They've told me they'll definitely be back to me on this today at some stage to resolve it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, something like that.
    Doesn't matter that much tbh
    They advertised at a certain price with certain features before realising the error and making a change to the description but not informing me.
    If I had been part of this little community and ordered from them the first I would have known would have been the game coming through the door missing half the package.
    It's poor service tbh
    I don't care if Nintendo changed the retail packaging and the inclusion of games therein.
    It's got nothing to so with me.
    Even after they did that it still took Amazon days to change their entry for the game to reflect the new situation, long after other vendors had done so.
    Ah look, I've found it at an almost as good a price elsewhere, so they can kiss my behind at this stage.
    I'd like to say I'll never shop with them again but, let's face it, I'll be buying from them before the weeks end!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah look, I've found it at an almost as good a price elsewhere, so they can kiss my behind at this stage.
    I'd like to say I'll never shop with them again but, let's face it, I'll be buying from them before the weeks end!

If they don't sort mine (ordered on the 5th!) then I'll simply cancel it and my other pre-orders too, and only use them as a last resort going forward.

The fact they sort others in 5 minutes to half an hour, while I've been made to wait a week and I'm STILL uncertain has pissed me off no end.

• Advertisement

Was reading the answers on the product page and they were saying amazon were upgrading orders. The Solus page still had the Instant Order Update at the top for me, but when I checked the Order History, it's showing the Special edition.

Hope the rest of ye got that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was reading the answers on the product page and they were saying amazon were upgrading orders. The Solus page still had the Instant Order Update at the top for me, but when I checked the Order History, it's showing the Special edition.

Hope the rest of ye got that

I just checked there and I'm the same. The copy in my order history has now changed to the Special Edition. No email yet though.

I ordered on the 3rd.

Likewise. No email and ordered on the 3rd when the price dropped

Just checked the "My orders" page, and as others have, I can now post this...

322573838_yes_finally_pl_ffffff_answer_1_xlarge.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Glad you finally got sorted!

Phew, was worried he would start handing out bans to everyone who got upgraded if he didn't get upgraded.

It was about this close... ||

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I never preordered mine, just had it sitting in my basket. :(

Just got the email to confirm the upgrade. So all good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got the email to confirm the upgrade. So all good. :D

Just got it too :D

This discussion has been closed.