Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Nice one lads, delighted everyone got sorted! Now we can get back to watching the trailers in slow mo ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

smokingman wrote: »
    Nice one lads, delighted everyone got sorted! Now we can get back to watching the trailers in slow mo ;)

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Poor ciderman :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

What's the deal dude? Did you ring or chat to complain?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, I had a series of emails where they became increasingly intractable and in the end I followed their advice and cancelled my preorder.
    Reminding them of this I then got an email letting me know I could buy the SE version of the game at the marked price, not the groovy la ru price you guys got it for.
    Feck them anyway!
    My own fault for canceling I suppose , I should have held in there.
    Ah well, such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

@Ciderman - Look, at the risk of being a prick about it, the description of the game had changed by the 7th and the special edition had been listed at least as early as the morning of the 9th. So if you didn't place your order until the 9th then the standard version was the spec you ordered and they have reasonable grounds for saying that it was clear there were two versions.

There I've said it.
    Let the pelting of rotten fruit begin. My body is ready.

PS. I'm assuming you ordered on the 9th of September. If it was August or earlier, you get to throw the first cabbage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

One Piece is a weird game, have played the Vita version, wish they had added a dubbed option as the Japanese voices freak me out on it.

How do they freak you out? It's based on an anime and uses the anime's voice actors. I'm no anime purist, the English dub of many anime is fine (maybe better for one or two), but the English dub of One Piece is terrible, imo, so I'm glad the Japanese voices are used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They had said to me that they were trying to sort it out for any orders prior to September 9th. Think Cidey just got in a day too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Anyone know what GameStop plan to do about Bayonetta 2?

Before you laugh at me for paying their prices I'm only getting it there because I have a voucher.

Thinking of cancelling though and just buying Nintendo or MMicrosoft points though. It's the only way not to get ripped off by them.

Banjo wrote: »
    @Ciderman - Look, at the risk of being a prick about it, the description of the game had changed by the 7th and the special edition had been listed at least as early as the morning of the 9th. So if you didn't place your order until the 9th then the standard version was the spec you ordered and they have reasonable grounds for saying that it was clear there were two versions.

There I've said it.
    Let the pelting of rotten fruit begin. My body is ready.

PS. I'm assuming you ordered on the 9th of September. If it was August or earlier, you get to throw the first cabbage!

I placed my order on the 5th as it happens.

• Advertisement

Someone said the 9th.
    In that case you done got gypped and I'll happily retract my post above, or leave it to stand as a monument to my bungholery - your choice :D

Oh, I'm not offended.
    In truth I ordered it with the expectation that Amazon had painted itself into a corner and would have to honour the price I preordered at when the product changed to SE, so I was really trying it on a bit I suppose.
    That said, as much as I like the game it isn't the end of the world that it'll cost me a little more.
    Bayonetta 2 had better be awesome though!
    If it turns out to be little better than a 6/10 scoring game I'll be wondering why I invested so much time in worrying about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I ordered on the 6th/7th (late at night), and cancelled too :(.

I didn't think they would honour it, and I was quite easily convinced by Amazon Chat Person to cancel it, even after I cancelled if, I received the email telling me that they were trying to sort it out.

After looking around, they seem to be doing quite a few good prices in France on Bayonetta Special Edition, Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros..

If they could make it here on release day it would be even better, but doubt that's possible. Now I'm weighing up the price differences @ a day or two behind..

Star Lord wrote: »
    When had you pre-ordered yours Le Cidré?
    Oh, not that long ago, the 9th :(
    I placed my order on the 5th as it happens.

:confused:

I'd love to get my hands on just one of the people that buy up a load of the limited editions to sell at a much higher price. :mad:
    One of those and a ticket tout. Probably praise themselves as great business people.

Amazon Germany had 1st print Bayonetta for €68, 20 minutes ago. I've no doubt somebody put in an order for 20+ :(, I didn't have trouble getting in to order, but sold out at checkout :mad: Grrrrr..
    People are already selling them from the first sale on Amazon UK for £135GBP and higher.
    I'd love it if Nintendo/somebody were holding on to a load for a one per person sale.. (I live in hope :))

€56.48 for the Special Edition DELIVERED from Amazon France.
    £41.99GBP (€52.86) for the Special Edition on Hitari UK
    + Shipping
    Select Shipping Method
    • Royal Mail Airmail Delivery service £2.99
    • Royal Mail Signed For Delivery service £7.99
    • DPD Courier tracked Delivery service £9.99
    • Royal Mail Airsure Delivery service £9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Am going up to Lisburn/Belfast on Friday for some shopping will be in both branches of GAME if they have any limited edition in stock I can pick up a couple for anyone in Dublin that missed out on this. I could post up an update at 12:30pm as that is when I will be in Lisburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Am going up to Lisburn/Belfast on Friday for some shopping will be in both branches of GAME if they have any limited edition in stock I can pick up a couple for anyone in Dublin that missed out on this. I could post up an update at 12:30pm as that is when I will be in Lisburn.

You on about Bayonetta? Sure it's not out til next month. Or are you on about Hyrule Warriors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You on about Bayonetta? Sure it's not out til next month. Or are you on about Hyrule Warriors?

Is there a Hyrule Warriors special edition?

Confusion reigns!

CastorTroy wrote: »

Thought Bayonetta was friday, me too sleepy forget to think.:o

There is a collectors edition of Hyrule Warriors, it includes a pretty awesome scarf that Link wears in the game. Seems to be sold out on GAME.co.uk though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No, I had a series of emails where they became increasingly intractable and in the end I followed their advice and cancelled my preorder.
    Reminding them of this I then got an email letting me know I could buy the SE version of the game at the marked price, not the groovy la ru price you guys got it for.
    Feck them anyway!
    My own fault for canceling I suppose , I should have held in there.
    Ah well, such is life.

I canceled it after the initial kerfuffle and still got on the phone and they resolved it by asking me pre-order the better one so they'd manually change price for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ha I decided to open up Amazon chat to inquire about my order given everyone has been receiving discounts - I'm not that pushed about it, but sure can't hurt. I've just been told "to help make up for the inconvenience I will remove the shipping charges that you been charged." Had to firmly clarify I already had free shipping :pac:

EDIT: Got the order reduced to £40. I am happy with that compromise - not as good as the rest of ye, but it'll do ;)

Star Lord wrote: »
    :confused:

I get things mixed up from time to time.
    Comes with 24 years in the job I'm afraid.
    But I did order on the 5th.
    They didn't even bother to reply to my last email on the subject a day ago.
    Feck it, I'm getting it for £41 elsewhere.

You could always try your luck with their support, on live chat, rather than email (They have to respond one way or the other that way!)

I'm beyond giving a crap now.
    I've got it incoming and learned an important lesson.
    I just want to play it now!

Hyrule Warriors though, tomorrow....
    To buy or not to buy, that is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm beyond giving a crap now.
    I've got it incoming and learned an important lesson.
    I just want to play it now!

Hyrule Warriors though, tomorrow....
    To buy or not to buy, that is the question

Do it, been playing around with it this morning and quite enjoying it so far.

I have too much to play as it is, I'm going to wait awhile before picking it up.
    I bought Doors for little over a fiver in Argos to make myself feel better!

I was going to buy it, but I think I'm going to spend a bit of cash in the eShop instead.

I want to get Cubemen 2 and Steamworld Dig for a start.

There are a couple of others I'm thinking about too.

I'm contemplating this - (It'll be my first venture into this type of game)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKeX7Qwvyo

I don't know why, but I just get the feeling the Hyrule Warriors is a gap filler until other games come out..

Thank god I'm not the only one jonesing for the Marvel Infinity stuff.

God help us all when Infinity 3.0 with Star Wars support rolls around...

But how does this gel with Amiibo? How much room is there in my life for statues of game characters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote: »
    I was going to buy it, but I think I'm going to spend a bit of cash in the eShop instead.

I want to get Cubemen 2 and Steamworld Dig for a start.

There are a couple of others I'm thinking about too.

I'm contemplating this - (It'll be my first venture into this type of game)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKeX7Qwvyo

I don't know why, but I just get the feeling the Hyrule Warriors is a gap filler until other games come out..

steamworld dig is pretty good but also part of the $1 tier of the current humble bundle with some other great games. just sayin'....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement