Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Infinity 2.0 is selling in Argos for a good discount, while GS have it at nearly 80 euro in Argos it's a little over 50.
    Not bad.
    I'd buy it for the boy for Christmas but the previous game has had about 2 hours of play then never touched again.
    He played Zelda WW HD instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Infinity 2.0 is selling in Argos for a good discount, while GS have it at nearly 80 euro in Argos it's a little over 50.
    Not bad.
    I'd buy it for the boy for Christmas but the previous game has had about 2 hours of play then never touched again.
    He played Zelda WW HD instead!

You've trained him well :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »
    Thank god I'm not the only one jonesing for the Marvel Infinity stuff.

God help us all when Infinity 3.0 with Star Wars support rolls around...

But how does this gel with Amiibo? How much room is there in my life for statues of game characters?

I only saw your post now..
    I think it looks great!! Adding CiDeRmAns post above, it's more tempting :)
    Argos Link

I spent a fair bit over the last month trying to figure out what exactly the infinity/skylanders games are exactly.

I get each character comes to life in each game, so I don't really see the advantages (to us) over character unlocking..
    I get that it's extra cash for the Skylanders and Disney folks, but is that it?

Do the games keep expanding or do more new games come out, that have the Hulk/Ironman in them? Or do they just become Cool figures to sit on your shelf...

I agree, not sure I have a lot of room for Characters crawling all over my shelves, but these ones I like, and I think I will like the Amiibo's too and now I have an excuse to buy them :p.

P.S. - I doubt we're the only too looking at it and liking what we see.. :)
    Even if we are, I don't mind, especially not if it entertains me over a few long winter nights :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They have tables on the back of each product letting you know what works with what.
    There is legacy stuff allowing the use of previous characters in the current game, but only in the creative or toy box mode.
    The mission packs that came with the earlier stuff won't work.
    That's in stark contrast to at least the first two Skylanders titles where the mission pack figures activated in both, and gave you an attack in Swapforce, not much but at least it was something.

I think the figures and the new Infinity game is aimed at the quite young crowd, although there isn't really a lot decent for the older player, with Deadpool being poorly reviewed.
    DC seems to have had a lot more luck with the Arkham titles and the Injustice title on the current console crop.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think the figures and the new Infinity game is aimed at the quite young crowd, although there isn't really a lot decent for the older player, with Deadpool being poorly reviewed.
    DC seems to have had a lot more luck with the Arkham titles and the Injustice title on the current console crop.

I got that... :D But sometimes easy is perfect on a Sunday morning.. :pac:

It didn't look too young (for lack of better description) from the few videos that I have seen, but I did wonder. I'll still look a little bit more at it before I decide.
    They seemed to be similar in some ways to the Lego series, collect, fight and a few basic puzzles..
    I also like the figurines though.. (Any excuse).

• Advertisement

Certainly true, plenty of fun to be had with the modern licensed Lego titles, starting with Star Wars, appealing to all ages.
    People tend to forget all the forgettable Lego games beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sonic Lost World is €21.75 on Zavvi for "Mega Monday" which is not too shabby. Although it's best price was "Free with Mariokart"... Anyway, apparently it's not entirely terrible once you install the patches. The pic shows Deadly 6 Edition, the description doesn't - your mileage may vary. http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/sonic-lost-world/10977952.html

AC 4 and Lego Batman 2 are in there 2 but even the eShop has beaten those prices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in Smyths yesterday and they had Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate for €9.99 on 3DS.

Not on their site though.

Kirby Triple Deluxe soundtrack on the Stars Catalog for 20000 clams

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/kirby-triple-deluxe---soundtrack-251

Think my Postman has my Yoshi, picking it up tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

How long did that take to arrive? I ordered mine a short while ago.

• Advertisement

Nintendo Downloads From Thursday 25th September 2014 Europe
    Nintendo Download: 25th September (Europe)
    Fantasy Life, Art of Balance, FIFA(!), loads of discounts and much more
    It's time to brighten our Mondays with the European Nintendo Download Update, once again, and this week serves up a lot of options across the Wii U, 3DS and even DSi. There's a major retail arrival on 3DS, new titles on both eShop platforms along with Virtual Console entries, plenty of discounts and even a DSiWare release. There's a lot to get through, so let's get to it.

Wii U eShop
    Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia, €8.99 / £7.15) — This expanded and improved version of the previous entries in the series includes a variety of new features, in particular new modes that support online play, along with more accurate physics, improved visuals and a host of control options. We'll try not to fall over as we tackle this for a review.
    Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia, €6.99 / £5.99) — The transition of 3DS games to Wii U continues with this one, a physics-based game that's basically Angry Birds with bunnies. This promises 150 levels, and although we were thoroughly unimpressed with the portable entry we'll give this one a fresh look on Wii U.

Wii U Virtual Console
    Nobunaga's Ambition (Koei, €7.99 / £5.49) — This is an ambitious strategy Super NES title, with a name that may be familiar to those that enjoyed cross-over title Pokémon Conquest on DS. The depth of this title could be daunting or provide countless hours of entertainment, and we gave it a reasonable recommendation in our Wii Virtual Console Nobunaga's Ambition review.

Wii U eShop Promotion
    Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia, €6.70 / £5.35) — A lower price if you own Art of Balance TOUCH! on the same Nintendo Network ID on 3DS.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games, €3.69 / £2.99 until 5th October, normally €6.00 / £5.50)
    Swords & Soldiers (Two Tribes, €1.99 / £1.77 until 9th October, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
    Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games, €5.99 / £5.60 until 12th October, normally €8.99 / £8.00)

Wii U eShop Demo
    Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games, free)

3DS eShop
    Demon King Box (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £2.99) — Pitched as an intriguing title, with RPG elements as you gather and level-up demons; the minor twist being that it incorporates real-time strategy in its battles. Despite its efforts at depth and story-driven play, we were left disappointed with this game, describing it as "a mediocre, modified tower defense game dressed up in a gorgeous art style" — check out our full Demon King Box review for the lowdown.
    KORG DSN-12 (Detune, €29.99 / £24.99) — A follow-up to its incredibly detailed predecessor, once again this app will recreate the sounds of the iconic source instrument to allow you to create, record and perform tracks. One for music enthusiasts to consider.

3DS Virtual Console
    Game & Watch Gallery 3 (Nintendo, €4.99 / £4.49) — Retro fans will no doubt be pleased to see another one of these enhanced collections of the LCD games make it to the Virtual Console; this gallery includes Egg, Turtle Bridge, Greenhouse, Donkey Kong Jr. and Mario Bros., with unlockable surprises also thrown in. We'll jump into a review soon.

3DS Retail Download
    Fantasy Life (Nintendo, €39.99 / £34.99) — One of a few key 3DS releases in the next few months, this Level-5 and Brownie Brown collaboration blends an RPG adventure with life-sim elements. Seamless switching between 12 'Lives' and heavy doses of charm do much for this title, which we gave a strong recommendation in our Fantasy Life review. Be sure to also check our working 9 to 5 diary series to learn about some of the available class-types.
    Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle (Bandai Namco, €34.99 / £24.99) — This is one to surely tempt devotes fans of the toys and animated show, with a 2D action approach in which you control a customisable robot to fight evil shape-shifting robots. It sounds fun, but it's a licensed game, so we'll see how it shapes up.
    FIFA 15 (EA, €34.99 / £24.99) — It's an EA game on Nintendo hardware, which is only slightly rarer than hen's teeth or a total solar eclipse. We're being facetious, as the company often churns out kit updates for FIFA on an annual basis for 3DS and Wii, so we expect this will do much the same thing. Available from 26th September.
    Violetta: Rhythm and Music (Little Orbit, €29.99 / £24.99) — Based on a Disney Channel show, this is a mix of mini-games where you show off your rhythm and performing skills.

3DS Retail DLC
    Fantasy Life — Origin Island Expansion Pack (Nintendo, €7.99 / £7.19) — An additional island with plenty of resources and challenges to undertake either on your own or with others.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
    Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (Avanquest, £9.99 until 9th October, normally £19.99)
    3D MahJongg (Joindots, €3.99 / £3.29 until 16th October, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
    Murder on the Titanic (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.99 until 16th October, normally €14.99 / £14.99)
    Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots, €6.99 / £5.79 until 16th October, normally €7.99 / £6.99)
    Atlantic Quest (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.99 until 16th October, normally €6.99 / £5.99)

3DS eShop Permanent Discounts
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco, €19.99 / £19.99, was €34.99 / £28.49)
    Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Bandai Namco, €19.99 / £19.99, was €34.99 / £28.49)
    Farming Simulator 2014 (Focus Home Interactive, €29.99 / £19.99, was €34.99 / £29.99)

DSiWare
    Sokomania 2: Cool Job (Cinemax, 200 Nintendo Points) — This provides plenty of Sokoban-style challenges, which basically involves pushing and moving blocks to solve puzzles. Though this is a competent puzzler it's entirely one-note and underwhelming, as we explained in our Sokomania 2: Cool Job review.
    LAST WEEKS DOWNLOADS STILL AVAILABLE - EXPIRE TOMORROW NIGHT

Glad I checked in to this forum tonight!
    Kirby soundtrack incoming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thanks for the tip on the cd, love the Kirby theme. I have 55 unregistered nintendo codes for games I have bought over the course of the last 18 months, that's a lot of cds. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thanks for the tip on the cd, love the Kirby theme. I have 55 unregistered nintendo codes for games I have bought over the course of the last 18 months, that's a lot of cds. :)

Isn't 55 x 250 stars (for each game) only 13,750?

Corholio wrote: »
    Isn't 55 x 250 stars (for each game) only 13,750?

The cd is only 2000 points, there are 20,000 of them available. I went for one as I already had 3,750 points built up.

The yoshi is pretty cool. Not sure why the bottom of the apple is yellow vinyl, it adds nothing and there was a tiny discolouration on one of the vinyl seams... nothing I'd notice if I hadn't been looking for it, mind. Anyway, it looks solidly stitched. The apple means he's not very cuddle-able and as the apple is sewn to his hands and feet (which are the only needlework bits I'd worry about, they're a tiny bit fast and loose) you can't remove it.

All in all, I'm very happy with it and me and the girls were running around shouting "yoshi" in the squeakiest japanesiest voices we could muster for a good 10 minutes after his arrival. I ordered mine on Friday the 5th (well near enough midnight on the thursday) and delivery was attempted last monday so thats around 10 working days for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You'd want to register them soon. I had something similar but lots had apparently "expired" when I went to the hassle of typing them in and completing the pointless surveys.

Gonna do it on Saturday evening I think, most if not all of them are 3DS or DS games,there are a few Wii U ones too. I have 4 2DS or 3DS console codes too for the free game when Pokemon and Smash Bros come out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gonna do it on Saturday evening I think, most if not all of them are 3DS or DS games,there are a few Wii U ones too. I have 4 2DS or 3DS console codes too for the free game when Pokemon and Smash Bros come out.

Have fun doing all those pain in the ass surveys! God they're annoying.

I've got OCD, I find them relaxing and soothing tbh. :)

• Advertisement

Surely if you have OCD, the way they move around the 20-odd different things that influenced, heavily influenced and then most influenced your decision to buy the game so they're never in the same place twice must drive you mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I put this in the "I have a WiiU" thread but feel it needs to be here as well after the amazon thing with Bayonetta...

Prepare to be wowed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

smokingman wrote: »
    I put this in the "I have a WiiU" thread but feel it needs to be here as well after the amazon thing with Bayonetta...

Prepare to be wowed....

:cool:

It'll keep us ticking over till a proper Starfox game hopefully next year.

I can not wait for another starfox game I have to say. Most definately a shut up and take my money type game for me. Im still playing Lylat Wars on the N64 for cryin out loud. Come on already Nintendo. Give me my new Starfox game!!

Sonic on ThEGameCollection expires in just over 11 hours BTW

A shameless HUKD Steal :
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/40-off-mario-kart-wheels-nintendo-promo-code-7-20-nintendo-2008291
    £8 for a Mario or Luigi Wheel! Don't think they deliver to Ireland, so factor Parcel Motel into your equation
    Luigi Wheel
    Mario Wheel
    £14.38 + PArcelMotel gets you 2 wheels. The code is 40Wheel5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Allyall wrote: »

i'd be wary ordering from japan as the Wii U is region locked

magnumbud wrote: »
    i'd be wary ordering from japan as the Wii U is region locked

Yep. I looked, and I didn't see Japanese, and was wondering what the difference was. I came to the (wrong) Conclusion that it was an upscaled (HD version) of the Wii version. Thought it was a good price too... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Amiibos are £10 on amazon. They were more expensive before, weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

• Advertisement

A few Wii U games have dropped in Smyths. (None in stock, no surprise really.)

€14.99
    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
    New Super Luigi U
    Just Dance Kids 2014

And on Amazon UK
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 is £8.99GBP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement