Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know the best price for smash bros next week? Best price at retail is €45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Is smash out next week, jaysus times flying :-o

Well the 3DS version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well the 3DS version.

Ah my mistake, whens the wii u one out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Advertisement

55 quid :o doesn't bode well for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, specially since they have the steel book editions exclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enough sitting on the god damn fence. Time to get a wii u. Going to sell my dust gathering 360 and ps3 and all the games at a massive discount to make quick cash to fund this (plus a few games).

What's the best deal at the moment? 330 in Smyths for Mario premium pack plus 1 free game?

€312.49 in Argos for the MarioKart Bundle + 2 Free games

The two extra free games are Fifa13 and Mass Effect 3

323441.jpg

Or you could go for the 8GB version with 2 free games and a Motion Plus Controller for €195 Delivered from Amazon Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Last I checked, Gamestop Premium Console with Mario U plus Luigi U for €290. Last month they included another two games on top of that included in the bundle but I don't know if they do now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Spotted that Lego City Undercover in GameStop, preowned for 24.99, not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see the Lego City limited edition in my local HMV/Xtravision for €29.99 new. At least I did last time I was in and wasn't an offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see the Lego City limited edition in my local HMV/Xtravision for €29.99 new. At least I did last time I was in and wasn't an offer

Where was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seen Lego City new in Xtravision in Tallaght last weekend for €29.99,I know they do an order system in store if the game is in their warehouse they can get it shipped into a store but not from other branches unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Where was that?

Letterkenny, but it didn't look like it was store specific

GAME have the Pokemon 2DS consoles up to preorder on their site now, they are transparent red and blue just like the sapphire and ruby carts for gba years ago. They look awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lego City is well worth 25/30 quid imo. Wish they'd patch the game to improve the loading times though (or Ninty would allow installs to a USB drive without any hackery). Still not as bad as loading double sided C64 games thankfully. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's what a DS/3DS is for. I have completed Luigi's Mansion from start to finish within a Lego loading time.

Smyths have silently upped the 2DS Bundle price to €154.99, so buy a 2DS get a select game free is now €25 higher than it was this day last week, bit of a stupid move imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Argos still have Infinity 2.0 on special for all formats including WiiU.
    Unfortunately its no longer 54 but 74 euro, so they can still advertise it as being a 10 euro reduction on the rrp :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lego City is well worth 25/30 quid imo. Wish they'd patch the game to improve the loading times though (or Ninty would allow installs to a USB drive without any hackery). Still not as bad as loading double sided C64 games thankfully. :pac:

Games do install to the USB drive when present don't they? I've got a 64GB flash drive in mine and the Wii U definitely uses it for big data files

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

COYVB wrote: »
    Games do install to the USB drive when present don't they? I've got a 64GB flash drive in mine and the Wii U definitely uses it for big data files

Not 100% sure but isn't that only for games downloaded from the e-shop?

If I was able to install disc games to a harddrive and run them from that it would be great (I don't mind having a disc in the tray for any authentication purpose once they were faster to load etc).

Could be, but I think it might also install some data from disc, rather than actually installing the full game and running from the media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Games don't install to the USB drive, but when it's present the WiiU defaults all storage to USB. So, if there's a USB drive present the first time you run a game your save information will default to the USB drive and any patches will be installed on USB. Then, if you remove the drive your save, patches etc. will appear to have disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    Games don't install to the USB drive, but when it's present the WiiU defaults all storage to USB. So, if there's a USB drive present the first time you run a game your save information will default to the USB drive and any patches will be installed on USB. Then, if you remove the drive your save, patches etc. will appear to have disappeared.

Jaysus Nintendo, get the finger out and release a WiiU WITH internal storage and set up God damn accounts tied to your username, not to the system.

This is really the only thing that pisses me off about them when I'm reminded about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

sorry not really into consoles but the little lad is mad to get one from Christmas. He will be playing the mario games on it. Would an 8gb one be ok? All the 32gb ones seem to be around the 300 mark. :eek:

What is the storage used for?

dubmick wrote: »
    sorry not really into consoles but the little lad is mad to get one from Christmas. He will be playing the mario games on it. Would an 8gb one be ok? All the 32gb ones seem to be around the 300 mark. :eek:

What is the storage used for?

8GB one is fine, and a great price form Amazon Italy at the minute. Two games and the Wii U motion Controller for ~ €195 delivered.

The Storage is used for saving game data and downloading games.
    You can add USB storage when needed, but I am not 100% whether or not you can download games to that. I think there has been loads of discussion on it, but I can't remember the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can use a USB drive for downloaded games, and with an 8GB Wii you'll pretty much have to for almost any download game other than the Indy stuff and VC titles.

There have been some great prices for the WiiU 32GB version in the past, but aside from Storage one of it's best selling points is the Digital Deluxe promotion - you get about 10% of your eShop Purchases back (more like 8% as they take VAT off first) in eShop but that ends at Christmas this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Jaysus Nintendo, get the finger out and release a WiiU WITH internal storage and set up God damn accounts tied to your username, not to the system.

This is really the only thing that pisses me off about them when I'm reminded about this.

Why? So they can charge you an arm and several legs for a hard drive you can get yourself for less than 50 euro?

And they all **** on consumers faces, Sony and Microsoft's amazing super-awesome account systems didn't transfer over anything from their super-awesome cool-boy account systems of the last gen did they? Nope.
    Don't even do B/C.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Sony and Microsoft's amazing super-awesome account systems didn't transfer over anything from their super-awesome cool-boy account systems of the last gen did they? Nope.
    Don't even do B/C.

I'm not sure I follow here...

They transfered over the accounts. Both of them have accounts that can be signed into from any one of their post 2005 platforms. A PS3 owner can log into his account on any PS3 or PS4 and set himself up on any Vita (albeit with far too much headache for any kind of temporary solution). And Xbox 360 owner can use any Xbox 360 or any Xbox One with their account.

Any Wii U owner can ONLY use one Wii U. That's a system that makes no sense in the current climate. In July they made it so that you can system transfer from one Wii U to another, and that was definitely welcome, but there's no good reason why I can't pop round to your house and sign into my account from your console.

As for B/C, that's a completely different issue that requires additional hardware concessions to be made. Hardware progress and backwards compatibility do not always go hand in hand, particularly not when making big changes to system architecture as we saw with this new generation (and because of those changes, every system for the foreseeable future to come after these ones SHOULD have out of the box BC without any hardware concessions needed)

• Advertisement

I have to agree there.
    Nintendo are behind the times with tying accounts to consoles.
    If I buy SMB3 for the WiiU from the E Shop I shouldn't have to repurchase it for the 3DS.
    At least not according to Sony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement