Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

COYVB wrote: »
    I'm not sure I follow here...

They transfered over the accounts. Both of them have accounts that can be signed into from any one of their post 2005 platforms. A PS3 owner can log into his account on any PS3 or PS4 and set himself up on any Vita (albeit with far too much headache for any kind of temporary solution). And Xbox 360 owner can use any Xbox 360 or any Xbox One with their account.

Any Wii U owner can ONLY use one Wii U. That's a system that makes no sense in the current climate. In July they made it so that you can system transfer from one Wii U to another, and that was definitely welcome, but there's no good reason why I can't pop round to your house and sign into my account from your console.

As for B/C, that's a completely different issue that requires additional hardware concessions to be made. Hardware progress and backwards compatibility do not always go hand in hand, particularly not when making big changes to system architecture as we saw with this new generation (and because of those changes, every system for the foreseeable future to come after these ones SHOULD have out of the box BC without any hardware concessions needed)

couldn't put it better myself! Thank you.

Like, if my WiiU gets robbed, that's all my vc, indie and some big download WiiU games gone (same with 3ds). Sure I can get in contact with Nintendo and go through a pain stakingly slow process with the 'garda' involved too. Where as with Sony or Xbox, I buy a second hand system, log in, and all my crap is there, it's so simple. Yes cost to Nintendo and all that, but I've spent unbelievable amounts of money on them since the SNES era, I think they could afford a system like this. I wouldn't mind paying them even €20 subscription for just that.

And also, I don't think an internal hard drive would cost that much to Nintendo, like the ps3 super slim with 500GB is going for €250. Attaching hard drives with extra external power or y cables is just lazy in my eyes.

I love Nintendo as much as the next guy. But Christ, they have a LOOOONG why to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They were quite open about dropping internal storage in favour of reducing the retail price of the console, hoping that would help drum up sales. It probably helped with the small form factor too. I don't mind much, except when I can't plug my Drive in because the DVD is running... but if the Wii U was XBone/PS4 sized that would be a massive pain in the arse due to the space available to me. It's become apparent to me - between off-TV play, the reward structure for digital purchases just when I was running out of physical space for games, the form factor of the case, etc. - that in many ways, the WiiU seems to have been designed specifically for me, so if you don't like it I'm afraid it's probably my fault.

Haha no, I get why they didn't include the hdd for form factor. But, it wouldn't be much bigger with a hdd inside the thing. I just see it as lazy. And they knew the eshop would have large games on it and 32gb flash memory is a joke.

Just include what is needed.

I guarantee there will be a large hdd in the next home console, if there is one.

I do see that Sony are planning to increase the sub sometime soon for some regions. I'm not arsed with most of the 'free' games anymore and I never play online on my ps3/4/vita so I might just let it laps out at Xmas.

But as I said, I would pay a €20 yearly subscription to Nintendo, just for the peace of mind that if something happened I wouldn't lose all the games I paid for or have to go through all that sh1t to get them back. I don't want 'free' games from Ninty, and I love single player games, so.... Sort of an insurance I guess for my digital buys.

They have said they are looking into a sort of subscription type service over the past year or two but that prob won't happen till the next system also. But I'd pay for it, and if it turned into a Netflix type thing but for their VC with n64 and GameCube included that that would be amazing! one can only dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Haha no, I get why they didn't include the hdd for form factor. But, it wouldn't be much bigger with a hdd inside the thing. I just see it as lazy. And they knew the eshop would have large games on it and 32gb flash memory is a joke.

Just include what is needed.

I guarantee there will be a large hdd in the next home console, if there is one.

I do see that Sony are planning to increase the sub sometime soon for some regions. I'm not arsed with most of the 'free' games anymore and I never play online on my ps3/4/vita so I might just let it laps out at Xmas.

But as I said, I would pay a €20 yearly subscription to Nintendo, just for the peace of mind that if something happened I wouldn't lose all the games I paid for or have to go through all that sh1t to get them back. I don't want 'free' games from Ninty, and I love single player games, so.... Sort of an insurance I guess for my digital buys.

They have said they are looking into a sort of subscription type service over the past year or two but that prob won't happen till the next system also. But I'd pay for it, and if it turned into a Netflix type thing but for their VC with n64 and GameCube included that that would be amazing! one can only dream.

have they ? I am usually up to date on the Nintendo news and I cannot remember them saying they would do such a thing , though I would not be surprised if they actually did.

I am with you on not caring for online bar few occasions but I have no intention on paying for ps plus.

I reckon there is certainly a market still for consoles for a good while, internet is still shocking in some places in the world and I cannot see Nintendo sony and microsoft would shrink the global market to certain areas due to internet speeds being poor to have a netflix sort of service for games. look at ireland where it was reported the country would not get proper internet service till 2019 and that is just here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Nintendo aren't working on any imminent subscription system. They're still in the dark ages and trying to get things figured out in terms of online functionality in Japan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nintendo aren't working on any imminent subscription system. They're still in the dark ages and trying to get things figured out in terms of online functionality in Japan

If Nintendo HQ bought a PS3, a Vita, a PS4 & a PS+ Subscription they could see how it's done :o Dark ages is right though, Nintendo's account & purchasing model is generations behind the times at this stage.

Nope, they are, I remember reading a small article on nibtendolife maybe about 6 months ago, someone either from NoJ or NoA saying they were looking into an account system where your games will be tied to you name not system but were in very early stages. There is no way I could find the article on there but I do remember reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Nope, they are, I remember reading a small article on nibtendolife maybe about 6 months ago, someone either from NoJ or NoA saying they were looking into an account system where your games will be tied to you name not system but were in very early stages. There is no way I could find the article on there but I do remember reading.

But that's not a subscription service...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wasn't there something that came out a few months ago about a Virtual Console Subscription service?

I think ciderman (apologies if it wasn't :o) posted a link.
    I didn't really understand what it was, it didn't seem entirely clear as to whether or not it was a 3DS ⇆ Wii U account for all purchased games.. Or just VC content..

Or something... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd happily pay say, the same price as PSN+, for joint account, and even 2 games a month or so. Or one 3DS game, one Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Every time I see this thread bumped up I get excited. Every time I come in here to check new post I am disappointed. No bargains just some random chat :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Decided I don't like Smash Bros 3D going to put it up to swap in the swap thread.

But its great :(

cloud493 wrote: »
    But its great :(

Boring after an hour tbh imo.

Your just not playing it right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Argos have mass effect 3 for the wii u @ €12.99 atm

Edit: Nevermind just reread the post above.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Every time I see this thread bumped up I get excited. Every time I come in here to check new post I am disappointed. No bargains just some random chat :(.

Argos has dropped the price of Disney Infinity 2.0 back to €53.49, on all formats including the WiiU.
    This makes it cheaper right now than the original game, selling for €54.99!

Sorry I will try and post less chat here from now on, Smyths in Blanchardstown still have some Assassins Creed Black Flag for €14.99 new, think I seen 3 copies there on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hmv/xtravision in Carlow had mass effect, FIFA and a few others for 12 quid there yesterday - not many wiiu games left though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A bit of a significant bargain to be had in GameStop of all places. Super Smash Bros 3ds for only 40 until Friday next.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A bit of a significant bargain to be had in GameStop of all places. Super Smash Bros 3ds for only 40 until Friday next.

I heard from Smyths the boxes are french in Gamestop, anyone else hear that, as the game is a European cart it wouldn't matter, funny though if true.

I wouldn't care as long as I got the jeux vidéo into the 3DS and it ran in anglais!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is 40 not the RRP over there?

Nope, on Gamestops website, its RRP is a whopping €55.

Ouch

€45 in Smyths, €42.99 in Argos

Not my thing, but it might be for somebody else, especially with karaoke obsessed kids :) ..... and seems like a good price.

Sing Party with wired Microphone £9.99GBP
    and i think this is normally over £20GBP
    Wireless Microphone £9.50GBP

Tesco have the MarioKart Bundle for £219 (€279) after adding code TDX-HTRW as a new customer.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/mario-kart-wii-u-console-bundle/117-7839.prd?
    Use Parcel Motel to deliver to Ireland (€3.95) - although I have heard some people saying that they didn't need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

What's the best deal locally for a 2DS/3DS?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement