Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon watch reporting in!

WiiU Infinity 2.0 - the Avengers pack - down to £39.99. This puts it around the price (or under) Argos were doing at launch
    Amazing Spiderman - £17.44 - it was actually as low as £16.90 earlier in the week but sure what's 60p? It's nearly a euro, that's what it is.
    The Pro Controller has dropped £2.40 to £34.47 which is still criminal but not quite as bad as it's been....

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Banjo wrote: »
    Amazon watch reporting in!

WiiU Infinity 2.0 - the Avengers pack - down to £39.99. This puts it around the price (or under) Argos were doing at launch
    Amazing Spiderman - £17.44 - it was actually as low as £16.90 earlier in the week but sure what's 60p? It's nearly a euro, that's what it is.
    The Pro Controller has dropped £2.40 to £34.47 which is still criminal but not quite as bad as it's been....

Any suggestions for picking up the Pro controller elsewhere?

Hyrule Warriors for €45 in smyths is awfully tempting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Put in a Smyths Click and Collect order for the €220 8gb Wii U and Mario Bros. at 9 this morning.

Still no confirmation email with my reservation code. Very annoyed because i'm heading to work in about half an hour :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Put in a Smyths Click and Collect order for the €220 8gb Wii U and Mario Bros. at 9 this morning.

Still no confirmation email with my reservation code. Very annoyed because i'm heading to work in about half an hour :mad:

You could try ringing the head office (Or local store and order again)
    http://galway.directories.ie/smyths-toys-head-office/
    Phone
    091-743600

Area
    Galway

Tags/Keywords Smyths Toys Head Office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Planning on getting a Wii U in time for the new Smash Bros game. Also looking at picking up a few of the exclusive games for it (Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country). Seems like a lot of the best deals are on the 8GB version, is there any point in going 32GB? I do have some spare HDDs lying around too if they can be used and I don't expect I'll be downloading many indie games on this instead of on my PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I wouldn't get the Basic Wii U if I were you.

I had a look around to see if I could spot you a bargain. There's nothing at all. The shops must have sold through all the excess stock. I'd say Smyths are trying to clear out the Basic bundle with a free copy of NSMBU as enticement. I don't think it's a good deal, sorry. Especially when you compare it to what's gone before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

why is it not a good deal? The only difference is the size yeah?

dubmick wrote: »
    why is it not a good deal? The only difference is the size yeah?

And no game included, though Smyths are giving NSMBU away. No charging cradle, no stand for the console or the gamepad and no sensor bar. Not that 32GB's is great either. It's a fact of life, sooner or later we die and sooner or later eventually we'll need to buy an external hard drive.

When you consider once upon a time at its peak you could buy a Premium model for €150, buying a Basic model now for €220 doesn't seem like good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That wasn't a peak, that was a few people getting lucky at PC world :p and the rest of us looking but not getting :(

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    That wasn't a peak, that was a few people getting lucky at PC world :p and the rest of us looking but not getting :(

There were other deals, including the Gamestop Summer deal and Smyths had great bargains. Ya, the PC World/Currys was the best but there were plenty of others.

I could do with a deal coming up before Christmas. Was going to go for the Smyths deal but think I might leave it. Amazon.fr have the Mario Kart premium pack for 279 but it jumps to 292 with p&p.

Got my confirmation email from Smyth's twenty minutes ago :/

sligeach wrote: »
    And no game included, though Smyths are giving NSMBU away. No charging cradle, no stand for the console or the gamepad and no sensor bar. Not that 32GB's is great either. It's a fact of life, sooner or later we die and sooner or later eventually we'll need to buy an external hard drive.

When you consider once upon a time at its peak you could buy a Premium model for €150, buying a Basic model now for €220 doesn't seem like good value.

This deal the someone posted earlier specifically says it does come with that stuff (stand, charging cradle and sensor bar).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

C14N wrote: »
    This deal the someone posted earlier specifically says it does come with that stuff (stand, charging cradle and sensor bar).

The description is wrong, only the Premium 32GB comes with those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Amazon black Friday was where I got mine before Xmas last year

Basic Wii U doesn't come with the sensor bar which is the only thing i'll need that the Premium has and i can get it for a fiver on Ebay.

sweetie wrote: »
    Amazon black Friday was where I got mine before Xmas last year

How much did you get it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

dubmick wrote:
    How much did you get it for?

£180 for a premium with Nintendo land, zombi u and Rayman legends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well my girlfriend and I have come to an agreement, I get her Ugg Boots for Xmas and she gets me a WiiU. Just imagining opening up a new Nintendo console on Xmas morning has me all excited. I'm on the look out now for a good bundle deal. If there's a Mario 3D World bundle out for Xmas I'll get that or a good deal around Black Friday will do.

• Advertisement

Not really a bargain, but it suits this thread more than anywhere else I think.

If you really want to get your hands on a Bayonetta first print edition and don't want to give your cash to one of the 'scalpers', it's still possible. But you have to buy a Wii U bundle and use Parcel Motel.

For £299 (~€380)
    The Wii U Bayonetta 1 + 2 First Print Edition Action Pack Includes the Mario Kart 8 Wii U Premium Pack, Bayonetta 2 1 + 2 First Print Edition, a Wii U Pro Controller and a Mario Kart 8 Exclusive T-Shirt (Large)
    11033882-1414082906-285741.jpg

You could keep the First Print Edition (And T-Shirt if you want) and sell on the Mario Kart Wii U Bundle for around €250 - €300 and The Pro Controller for ~ €30.
    Then you would have T-shirt and Game for ~ €50 - €100.

The first print edition is currently for resale (new) at over £100GBP.

So what you're saying is that for net €5 and a bit of hustling you can get a Pro Controller and a natty tee-shirt?

RESULT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sold out.

sweetie wrote: »
    £180 for a premium with Nintendo land, zombi u and Rayman legends.

I think I'll wait for the black Friday sales to come around again. Should have enough time to deliver before SSB comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

The Nintendo store is apparently refusing orders on any parcels sent to parcel motel.

Aidonin wrote: »
    The Nintendo store is apparently refusing orders on any parcels sent to parcel motel.

Really? Well that's a load of ass... I was hoping to order it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Aidonin wrote: »

I got the smash bros 3ds tshirt bundle through parcel motel.

They're run by the Hut I think and the Hut don't officially support the use of parcel forwarding services. However they don't seem to be able to pick it up reliably so some orders get through and some don't. Zavvi are the same. I got a WiiU from them via Parcel Motel before but only after they cancelled the order a few times and deleted my account once!

Rakuten, Zavvi, The Hut, play.com and iwoot are all run by the Rakuten group, and as far as i know deliver directly to Ireland, but are subject to duty as they operate from the Jersey Islands. But the link I posted is for Nintendo.co.uk. Is that the one you're talking about?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement