Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Allyall wrote: »
    Rakuten, Zavvi, The Hut, play.com and iwoot are all run by the Rakuten group, and as far as i know deliver directly to Ireland, but are subject to duty as they operate from the Jersey Islands. But the link I posted is for Nintendo.co.uk. Is that the one you're talking about?

The Nintendo Online store is a The Hut Group front, far as I know. Zavvi is definitely The Hut. Rakuten run Play. I don't think Rakuten and The Hut are merged/subsidiaries though. Still, it's the internet, who knows?

They all ship to Ireland when it's CDs and DVDs but they tend to be cagey about consoles and other electronics or electricals - like Amazon were before they figured out a deal with regard to the WEEE regulations (requiring that you can return any item that you are replacing and the vendor has to recycle it for you - I may have too many/few Es on the W...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »
    The Nintendo Online store is a The Hut Group front, far as I know. Zavvi is definitely The Hut. Rakuten run Play. I don't think Rakuten and The Hut are merged/subsidiaries though. Still, it's the internet, who knows?

Everyday's a schoolday :). Nintendo store is run by somebody else.. But would they not have to pay WEEE in Europe anyway? :confused: I find that odd, but it's probably common enough.

A bit more digging, they seem to own nearly everything :rolleyes::eek: (They are also the biggest online retailer of Whalemeat and Ivory in the World).

They also own Woolworths online sites.. and here they refer to the Hut and Zavvi.
    http://www.rakuten.es/tienda/zavvi-esoutlet/

So, as far as I can see, they own (and much much more) these sites that can deliver to Ireland. (Maybe using Parcel Motel for one or two)

Woolworths.co.uk
    Zavvi (.nl/.es/.de/.co.uk/.com etc..)
    The Hut
    Rakuten
    Play.com
    Nintendo.co.uk

They own loads more Country specific sites too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »

Not as good a deal now. They had it for £13.95 last week.

sligeach wrote: »
    Not as good a deal now. They had it for £13.95 last week.

It's £13.95 now.. :D
    and £13.85 on Shopto

TheGameCollection is a very good site. Very reliable and quick postage. I've never bought from ShopTo. How much do they charge for postage?

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    TheGameCollection is a very good site. Very reliable and quick postage. I've never bought from ShopTo. How much do they charge for postage?

~ €3 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

2DS with pre-installed Tomadotchi Life and free copy of Pokemon white, €129.99 in argos. Also gives a 10euro voucher in current promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone know how much Smash Bros in Gamestop is nowadays by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

€55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

cloud493 wrote: »
    €55.

Instore too?? :eek: I know it was 40 for the 1st week or something but wow if it's now that high. Argos it is!

• Advertisement

Gamestop deserve to die.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As long as I can find rare preowned stuff on their shelves I'm happy to have them around.
    Anyone expecting value from them in new releases is deluded.
    Anyone moaning about their prices despite there being multiple alternative shops to go to is also deluded.

Gamestop stated, in store, that the price would be 40 for a limited time, initially for the week post release, but it has lasted a lot longer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just to mention again i got Pikmin 3 at release for €40 in Gamestop.

Remember, they are a business, they only do what they do at all to make profit. They're not obliged to do anything else.

I'd hate if they went. Love having a browse around, and I'm even willing to pay a premium (within reason) to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I don't mind Gamestop because they give relatively decent trade in value on stuff i'm trying to get rid of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't mind Gamestop because they give relatively decent trade in value on stuff i'm trying to get rid of.

Except when they don't, and offer 5c for something you thought was worth a tenner.
    Then you'd happily feed the staff member through a wood chipper.
    Even though they're only reading it from a computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Tucker-and-Dale-vs-Evil.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »
    Tucker-and-Dale-vs-Evil.gif

That's one of my favourite movies of the last few years!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

smokingman wrote: »
    That's one of my favourite movies of the last few years!

What is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What is it?

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil

So funny,
    Brilliant.
    Plus a testament to just how dumb teenagers in slasher films really are

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Instore too?? :eek: I know it was 40 for the 1st week or something but wow if it's now that high. Argos it is!

I don't see any mention of CDwow for games, seems cheaper and delivery is free.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/super-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/dp/38505641/67377753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

azzeretti wrote: »

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/super-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/dp/38505641/67377753

Yeah only €42 for the Wii U version too compared to £40 on Amazon.

I was in Cex yesterday, they're selling 32GB ones for €210 but with limited stock. It's a good price but at the same time I would rather buy one new, the Wii U could do with a bit of support.

I'm looking to upgrade my basic model console, but theres zero deals on right now that are any good.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm looking to upgrade my basic model console, but theres zero deals on right now that are any good.

With a Portable Hard Drive attached, is it not same thing or similar?

Also Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming in the next couple of weeks..

azzeretti wrote: »

They are good on price but are disastrous on delivery times. Last game took 2 weeks to arrive and they only now have just shipped my Collectors Edition of Bayonetta 2. So I'm going to get it in the middle of November when it came out on the 24th October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Not sure how much of a bargain this is bit smyths have the white 8gb wii u with super mario bros u for €220

wilser wrote: »
    Not sure how much of a bargain this is bit smyths have the white 8gb wii u with super mario bros u for €220

We've been over this before. That's not a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah it is, when only considering bricks and mortar, that is still a bargain.

• Advertisement

Its a relative bargain, since theres no better around right now :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement