Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

sligeach wrote: »
    We've been over this before. That's not a bargain.

Fair enough, where can it be got cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

wilser wrote: »

I don't think there are any to be had. The shops that discontinued the Wii U have cleared it out and the shops that are still selling it have got rid of the excess launch stock. All that remains really is the Basic bundle. There were nice deals like the Premium NintendoLand bundle for €150 in PC World/Currys, €225 in Smyths. The Lego City Undercover bundle again in Smyths for €240 and then the recent Gamestop deal during the summer but I can't remember the price but it was really good.

I think you've missed out. Maybe in the New Year when things are bad again, there'll be a bargain but I can't see one happening this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Amazon black friday isnt far away now. A few of us got ours on it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That's not a bad price, but there are a few places you can get a better deal.
    EU Wii U have an EU PSU :p but that's not really an issue.

For Example On Amazon Italy has a bundle for €220 Delivered.
    It includes an 8GB Wii U, Wii U Party, Nintendoland, and a Wii Remote Plus
    It has been cheaper there.

Zavvi have a bundle for €220 delivered (You may or may not get asked for Duty ~ €42)
    8GB Wii U, Wii U Just Dance 2014, Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros. U and SinG Party Wii U With Microphone

They have other offers too

But I'd say that you may be better off waiting for another week or so and the sales.

On a separate note, K'nex are having a sale on most sets on Amazon.COM. Some of the items are below €23 delivered, so you don't get charged duty, and some are cheaper delivered, even with tax added. Amazon include it in the price, so it's (unavoidable) already paid.. And some are unavailable over this side of Rockall.

Nintendo K'nex on Amazon.com
    19Pdgr3.jpg?1

Have a gawk at adverts.ie. There's a few on there now that are good and they're the Premium bundles. If you want to know which look the best just ask. What games are you after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Have a gawk at adverts.ie. There's a few on there now that are good and they're the Premium bundles. If you want to know which look the best just ask. What games are you after?

Not sure tbh I think Santa is bringing a console this year but the young lad doesn't know which machine he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

sweetie wrote: »
    Amazon black friday isnt far away now. A few of us got ours on it last year.

I was planning on doing that but just realised today that the European release for Smash Bros is Black Friday and I don't want to have to wait, especially since I'll be studying for exams by the following week. So with that in mind I'll want to get mine on or before Black Friday. What's annoying also is that the current Sterling exchange rate is dreadful for us which makes ordering one from the UK a bad deal in most cases.

New Super Mario Bros U is £9.99 at Rakuten when you use the code: SPEND10 at the checkout.

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/shopto/product/WIIUNE01/?l-id=gb_search_product_thumbnail_1

It's a good deal but the thing is, postage is £5 for Ireland which I find ridiculous. It should be no more than £3 which is what a lot of sites charge.

New Super Mario Bros U is £9.99 at Rakuten when you use the code: SPEND10 at the checkout.

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/shopto/product/WIIUNE01/?l-id=gb_search_product_thumbnail_1

It's a good deal but the thing is, postage is £5 for Ireland which I find ridiculous. It should be no more than £3 which is what a lot of sites charge.

parcelmotel?

^^
    Why is that being sold off so cheap everywhere?

It's also on Base.com. Not as good a price, but £15.99

http://www.base.com/games/pg735/bn10007266/clearance.htm?filter=a%3a3%3a356884

and £13.85 on Shopto - http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUNE01-new-super-mario-bros-u

(There may be codes also, I didn't check.)

Also on Shopto
    Wii U Basic 8GB Console + Super Smash Bros + Gamecube Controller & Gamecube adaptor + 2 Extra Games (Nintendoland and Wii U Party) + Wii U Moticon Controller - £219.85.

That would a great price, if the euro was a little stronger. As it is, it's ~ €280.25 - although it's still not bad.

• Advertisement

Probably the same reason the 8GB Basic Wii U is being flogged. Tonnes of them in stock but nobody's buying them.

I've never used Parcel Motel? Would it be cheaper and how would it work?

Also, you need to register on the site for the SPEND10 code to work.

Parcel Motel is €3.95 to use for a parcel that size.

They deliver it to Parcel Motel, and you collect it from a PM locker that you prechoose as most convenient to you.

What's the best price people have found for Super Smash Bros. Wii U in Ireland? The best I see is Smyths for €50. Argos, it's not on their site yet but going from their UK site is likely to be €55. Then the rip-off merchants that are Gamestop are charging €60.

What's the best price online? Who would you recommend and will it arrive on launch day?

Do Smyths still knock €5 off on launch day for games? I remember as an incentive sometimes games were €45 instead of €50 to encourage day one sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No they haven't done that for a while, that was a loyalty card thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What's the best price people have found for Super Smash Bros. Wii U in Ireland? The best I see is Smyths for €50. Argos, it's not on their site yet but going from their UK site is likely to be €55. Then the rip-off merchants that are Gamestop are charging €60.

What's the best price online? Who would you recommend and will it arrive on launch day?

Do Smyths still knock €5 off on launch day for games? I remember as an incentive sometimes games were €45 instead of €50 to encourage day one sales.

Got mine for €45 off of Amazon, it is €50 now though, if the Wii was not region locked you could get it for about €38-€40 .

CDWow are doing it for €42 but it sounds like you won't get it at launch. Smyths for €50 isn't bad, but it's €70 if you include the Gamecube attachment (and I most certainly will).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

C14N wrote: »
    CDWow are doing it for €42 but it sounds like you won't get it at launch. Smyths for €50 isn't bad, but it's €70 if you include the Gamecube attachment (and I most certainly will).

cd wow you will get it 2 weeks later i brought hyrule warriors off them and it was two weeks after launch when it arrived. any place doing a cheap smash and amibo? best i can find so far is amazon for 60 altogether.

cd wow you will get it 2 weeks later i brought hyrule warriors off them and it was two weeks after launch when it arrived. any place doing a cheap smash and amibo? best i can find so far is amazon for 60 altogether.

Avoid CD WOW like the plague. Sure they're good on price but they take at least 2 weeks for delivery. I know from experience and I'm still waiting for Bayonetta 2 to arrive(released on 24th October). With the run up to Christmas, who knows, it could be even worse than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Seriouisly gamestop?

https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii%20U/Games/44248/Wii%20U

Thats nuts i can buy smash and an amiibo off amazon for 65 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might be a placeholder price. I expect it may change closer to release date.

• Advertisement

Wii U Premium MarioKart Bundle is €248.14 delivered, but can be even cheaper, only I can't seem to work out the code properly... (Something to do with partner shop, but it seems a bit too messy for an extra €10.)

Tick the box for €3 off for subscribing to their newsletter (At checkout.)

EDIT - Ooops.. Forgot to add link.

http://www.mytoys.de/Nintendo-Wii-U-Konsole-Mario-Kart-8-Premium-Pack-schwarz/KID/de-mt.mk.weihnachtswerbung.15/3631139?mc=DEU_MTS_ONL_AFF_Zanox_Affiliate-Links_000_000_1966598542546507776

Discount will automatically apply in basket.

Here is the ORIGINAL DEAL, use Bing translator or Google Translate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Avoid CD WOW like the plague. Sure they're good on price but they take at least 2 weeks for delivery. I know from experience and I'm still waiting for Bayonetta 2 to arrive(released on 24th October). With the run up to Christmas, who knows, it could be even worse than normal.

Is that the only issue with them? Are there any customs pitfalls to be aware of? There are a few cheap titles on there that I wouldn't mind waiting a bit. I wouldn't bother though if there was a customs risk.

there's a risk of customs over 22 euro, same as Zavvi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is that the only issue with them? Are there any customs pitfalls to be aware of? There are a few cheap titles on there that I wouldn't mind waiting a bit. I wouldn't bother though if there was a customs risk.

Ignore him.

Nothing wrong with them other than delivery time will be approx two weeks. Maybe longer. If you're like me and aren't in the rush for games and like the much lower price in most cases they make perfect sense.

I've used them loads and had no problems.

Edit... I've also never been hit with customs with zavvi or hdwow, also that's not to say I never will but I've bought lots of games from both over the years.

Are these not coming from England or at least the EU? How could they be hit with customs?

Also, I've heard retailers are planning on doing a bundle with Basic Wii U + Smash Bros + NSMBU for €255. I've got one pre-ordered anyway from my local place but off-the-record, not sure if it's happening elsewhere.

Are these not coming from England or at least the EU? How could they be hit with customs?

They come from the Channel Islands. I've not been hit, but I haven't ordered much from them, but quite a lot have been hit in the consumers forum. It's best to be aware that you may get hit.

Zavvi, thehut, Iwoot, zoombits, 7dayshop, play, sendit and more are based in the Channel Islands, but I don't think Shopto are based there/ship from there.

Ignore him.

Nothing wrong with them other than delivery time will be approx two weeks. Maybe longer. If you're like me and aren't in the rush for games and like the much lower price in most cases they make perfect sense.

I've used them loads and had no problems.

Edit... I've also never been hit with customs with zavvi or hdwow, also that's not to say I never will but I've bought lots of games from both over the years.

Excuse me! What did I say was my one complaint about them? I said they're reliable just their delivery time is shockingly bad. Waiting 2 weeks or more for delivery is horrendous. I've said before on older games that you don't mind waiting for it's grand but when it's a new release and everybody else is playing the game while you're waiting yonks for it to arrive is a pain in the bee hive. No chance are they getting my Super Smash Bros. Wii U order. That said, they're better than some sites I've dealt with like GAME.

Oh yeah, CD WOW always under declare the true value. Bayonetta 2, Collectors Edition arrived today. Released on 24th October. They put on the box that it was worth EUR$19. That doesn't even make sense either way.

Tengami, Paper Monsters Recut and Golden Sun: The lost age are three games i'll be getting this week, and for anyone that hasn't already purchased it, Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 is out too.
    The Legend of Zelda x Mario Kart 8 preview.

DI9S38B.jpg?1

Seems to be a good selection on the 3DS this week..

Full list here.

Nintendo Download: 13th November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The only way I'd give CD/HD WOW my business anymore is if they were the only source for a given game. Got stung way too many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Star Lord wrote: »
    The only way I'd give CD/HD WOW my business anymore is if they were the only source for a given game. Got stung way too many times.

They got on my tits for listing out of stock items as available. This fact isn't revealed 'til after you've placed the order and 'waiting for shipment to arrive in warehouse' (or whatever) pops up in the 'my purchases' section.

Oh, and this thing being charged at €60 is just funny:

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/gaelic-games-twin-pack-playstation-2/dp/1597001/35426617

Is there some loose justification there that with WOW HD being an Australian business that this is somehow novel and warrants the tag? Hardly holding you up to purchase it, but the fact the price exists is pretty amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement