Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else so ordered Lego City Undercover off shopto.net for £32.86 including delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

yeah, they're apparently the cheapest at the moment, but there's not a lot in it really. How are shop-to for delivery to Ireland? (assuming you're here!). Also, are you getting a Chase McCain mini-fig? :)

Banjo wrote: »
    yeah, they're apparently the cheapest at the moment, but there's not a lot in it really. How are shop-to for delivery to Ireland? (assuming you're here!). Also, are you getting a Chase McCain mini-fig? :)

First time ordering from them. Got a mail saying it was dispatched so should get it Monday or Tuesday.
    And yeah it said it's the Limited Edition, though i think that's the only version available. Guessing that's probably due to there being more copies published than there are Wii U owners. :)

Xtravision closing down sale has 40% off marked price on WiiU titles. The marked prices are mostly off the scale but lego city under cover is €60, so should scan at €36 which is as good as any online price if you don't have a credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Which xtra vision is that? Must be some good 360 or even wii stuff too?

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Which xtra vision is that? Must be some good 360 or even wii stuff too?
    Celbridge. Slim pickings for other platforms (and being Ninty through and through I didn't really look), only half way decent wii title was DKC but at €45 (€27) its still a bit pricey. Other wiiu titles (zombiu, fifa, assassins creed) are already dirt cheap online). So basically it's lego or nothin' ;)

Injustice for £19.85 on Shopto as part of their Cyber Sunday thang

Got it this morning. So pretty fast.

Did you buy a regular white WiiU and all your friends got the Premium black one?
    Is jealousy eating your soul?

Good news!

Nintendoland is now £14.99 on amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00844QZCQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_7?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And you can get a tin of black paint for £4
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002WB724C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1377152492&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Sorted!

Also, Assassins creed has been back down to £ 13.99 for a few days and there's a non-super-saver seller doing injustice for about £24 delivered

oooh Base.com have Injustice for £19.99+Delivery of £1.29 making it a couple of quid cheaper.

Edit 23/8
    Tank Tank Tank just dropped to £15 (and don't give me that "it's free on eShop!" nonsense :)) on Amazon. And the pre-order for Lego Marvel Superheroes - which looks fantastic, if you can judge gameplay by a carefully choreographed button-pushing trailer and I say you CAN! - dipped to £29.19 - Huzzah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got Assassins Creed 3 in smyths for 30 quid. I know it's cheaper online but it was more of an 'impulse-want-something-new-allofasudden' kinda buy. Glad I did though, this game is amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

I was checking watch dogs on amazon earlier (35 pounds is the cheapest I've seen) and noticed they have NSLU and Pikmin 3 at the prices (converted to euro by google) that wowhd did earlier.
    Someone must have made them price-match.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEUQA08
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844Q5LW
    /\/ollog wrote: »

Pikmin 3 €34.39

New Super Luigi U €28.79
    I got both mine luigi last week sometime and pikmin this morning, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Seems to be official the Wii U is now £50 cheaper in the UK. Nice little price drop.,

http://m.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=7721&q=1643615

Zavvi Zelda bundle £239.99
    Assuming you can wangle a delivery

Parcel Motel delivery can be done as can direct Irish delivery but neither are technically permitted by zavvi's policy

Shamelessly stolen from hukd.com

base.com have ZombiU for €15.90 delivered if you use code DVD-BASE
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/zombiu-wii-u/dgc-zombiu.htm
    Beats the Zavvi and Amazon prices at the moment and is, I think, as low as I've seen it go online. (that's a euro price, not sterling, though your credit cards exchange rate may vary).

They also have the forthcoming LegoCity Undercover premium pack for £249.99. Will they deliver it to Ireland? Find out in October... Don't know if the DVD-BASE code will knock 10% off that. You can only use it the once though...
    http://www.base.com/buy/product/black-wii-u-premium-with-lego-city-undercover/dgc-wiiulegob.htm
    Seems like a decent deal for someone who wants the 32GB pack, a decent game to go with it rather than NintendoLand, and is dead set about buying the Game WindWaker collectors pack :)

EDIT : HUKD.Com say Zavvi have that bundle for £239. Zavvi do free delivery but if you're ordering it to an irish address or Parcel Motel then don't use an account that you're emotionally attached to - a few of us had accounts deleted during the spam-order-fest of the first big price drop earlier this year.

They also mention TopCashBack giving money back on Base.Com purchases if you're that way inclined.

Edit 2: Shopto have NFS most wanted for £14. Why do I spend so much time browsing online shops when I haven't got any money?

BASE.Com still have NFS most wanted for £ 14.99 and I heartily recommend it if you enjoy cruising around a beautifully lit city in impossibly expensive cars being constantly reminded that Smokingman can drive much faster than you. There's apparently a bunch of races in the game, I'm sure I'll get to them one day...

http://www.base.com/buy/product/need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u/dgc-nfsmwwiiu.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

BASE.Com still have NFS most wanted for £ 14.99 and I heartily recommend it if you enjoy cruising around a beautifully lit city in impossibly expensive cars being constantly reminded that Smokingman can drive much faster than you. There's apparently a bunch of races in the game, I'm sure I'll get to them one day...

http://www.base.com/buy/product/need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u/dgc-nfsmwwiiu.htm

I've never bought from BASE.com - what's the story with shipping ? i.e. cost and are they quick ?

I've ordered a couple of games off them, ordered at weekend, they arrived by the following friday. Shipping is a couple of euro but if the code I mentioned on the previous page (DVD-Somethingorother) is still live, it should knock enough off to cover shipping.

I had a minor issue with an order, called their customer care - they pick up the phone, speak english and are quite informative : the holy trinity :)
    Never dealt with them for returns, lost shipments or refund though, which are the real tests.

Just to make you feel worse, I haven't played it in ages but might go update a few of my times tonight though; I'm sure some of my record breaking jump distances have probably been beaten since... :)

Too late! I have found the Bugatti Veyron and that Lambo that looks like the (adam west) Batmobile. Your times are toast - one speed camera has already fallen, the rest are just a matter of time!

Shopto.net have a preorder on Adventure Time : Explore The Dungeon Because...I Don't Know for a smidge under £27 which looks like a reasonable deal. Although the game, lamentably, looks awful.
    http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/wiiu/WIIUAD01-adventure-time-explore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know

Edit : in response to Damo below - It's not that it looks bad, it's that it looks like a great arcade game from the 1980s with updated graphics. I'm sure it's great fun to play Adventure Gauntlet, but should it cost more than €8 and be a full disc-based commercial release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shopto.net have a preorder on Adventure Time : Explore The Dungeon Because...I Don't Know for a smidge under £27 which looks like a reasonable deal. Although the game, lamentably, looks awful.
    http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/wiiu/WIIUAD01-adventure-time-explore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know

I actually kinda like the look of the game... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I actually kinda like the look of the game... :o

I read on Wikipedia(I know, I know) that Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! is coming out in Europe in a fortnight, is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

GTR63 wrote: »
    I read on Wikipedia(I know, I know) that Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! is coming out in Europe in a fortnight, is this true?

I hadn't heard, but that one got pretty bad reviews. I'm optimistic for Explore the Dungeon because... I DON'T KNOW! though, it's a rogue-like, random dungeon crawler. If they get the humour right and it has decent enough game play I'll be all over it.

Too late! I have found the Bugatti Veyron and that Lambo that looks like the (adam west) Batmobile. Your times are toast - one speed camera has already fallen, the rest are just a matter of time!

Was going to have another go but just can't seem to take Assassins Creed out of the machine. Might have to wait until the weekend before taking back my records ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Monster Hunter is half price on the eshop (so I believe)

Lovely!

HUKD are quoting €30 WiiU, €20 3DS

It's still a good 33% off retail price even if it's not the 50% it pretends to be. Oh god, I really don't need any more WiiU games right now....
    Just got back into it on 3DS though, finally trapped that Rathian (I'm not *that* far into it) and was feeling epic. Doing that on the WiiUblet would be preeeetty sweet...

Expires September 22nd

Yeah it's 29.99 euro on the wii u eshop.

I prefer discs though, most game websites don't seem to stock the game at all or know it exists.

Rayman LEgends is £20 on Amazon!

I love the basket price tracking feature. So tempted. But so broke. Damn you MH3!
    BTW, don't forget to get the patch for MHIII so you can use Off-TV play and international multiplayer.

Also, ACIII is heading back down after a brief spike of £16.99, Sonic Racing has dipped below £20 again, it's at 18.63, and in non-WiiU news Godzilla versus Mothra is only £2.28 (far as I remember mothra is more of a disappointing catapillar-Ra in that one though, with a prototype "string shot" attack, Pokéfans!) while the Muppets soundtrack is now a ridiculous £16.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Yeah it's 29.99 euro on the wii u eshop.

I prefer discs though, most game websites don't seem to stock the game at all or know it exists.

I felt the same until I bought a download code for Pikmin 3 off eBay for £20. Then I picked up W101 with eshop discount.

I'll have to pick up an external hard drive soon lol!!

wtlltw wrote: »
    I felt the same until I bought a download code for Pikmin 3 off eBay for £20. Then I picked up W101 with eshop discount.

I'll have to pick up an external hard drive soon lol!!

I'd be more into them if I knew a reputable place to just buy codes for new releases.
    And cheap of course.

I did buy the monster hunter yesterday though.
    It put me over the 500 points or whatever for €5 off my next eshop game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I hadn't heard, but that one got pretty bad reviews.

Really? I thought it was supposed to be fairly good, just really short.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement