Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

C14N wrote: »
    Player1 in Maynooth are doing a deal for Wii U Basic + NSMBWU + Smash Bros for €255. I've put money down on it last weekend.

thats a great deal seeing as smash will likely cost at least 50 - 55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Any deals going on smash for wii u?
    I want the gamecube adapter version and it seems to be €69.99 on Smyths and £51.09 (€67) on Amazon.co.uk. Has anywhere got it cheaper?
    Will probably opt for Smyths to have it on launch but has anyone used their delivery (ie will I have it on launch day or is it better to collect?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Any deals going on smash for wii u?
    I want the gamecube adapter version and it seems to be €69.99 on Smyths and £51.09 (€67) on Amazon.co.uk. Has anywhere got it cheaper?
    Will probably opt for Smyths to have it on launch but has anyone used their delivery (ie will I have it on launch day or is it better to collect?)

they seem to be competeitive with amazon for an amiibo and the game for around 65 euro. i might cancel my amazon order and drive to smyths to have it at launch, anything is tho you cant seem to be able to click and collect an amibo :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Nintendoland is just under £8 on Amazon if you don't mind waiting for stock to come in
    Also, the Doc McStuffins Checkup Center is back down to £60 from £80, if need someone to check your ears, check your eyes or find out how much you've grown.

Banjo wrote: »
    Nintendoland is just under £8 on Amazon if you don't mind waiting for stock to come in
    Also, the Doc McStuffins Checkup Center is back down to £60 from £80, if need someone to check your ears, check your eyes or find out how much you've grown.

I've got a diagnosis of .... 'Nintendonitis!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Banjo wrote: »

I have it in my basket from the weekend (that, and a few others and I don't even have Wii U yet), best price I see it is £9.94 ?

it's £7.85 on Amazon Prime but out of stock. Click on Nintendoland, then look at the new/used offers
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00844QZCQ/sr=8-1/qid=1416829796/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1416829796&sr=8-1

Lego The Hobbit on Wii U for £14.99 + £1.50 delivery from The Entertainment Store via Ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Hobbit-Nintendo-Wii-U-/171541312918?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27f0a8b596
    I nicked this off HUKD but have closed the HUKD window, can't link to the original deal

Ah. The one I was looking at is sold by a 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Slim Pickings so far.. But

Learn With Pokemon typing is currently £4.99 on Amazon lightning sale right now.

Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Superheroes Starter pack is on sale at 5:30PM :D:D:D:o

Nintendo's winter 2014 Bonus Game Offer

Get a Free 3DS Game: Register Selected Titles and a 2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL

Nintendo's Winter 2014 Bonus Game Offer
    How it Works:
    You can get your hands on a completely free download this winter with Nintendo by registering your 2DS, 3DS or 3DS XL and registering a copy of either Super Smash Bros. or the new Pokémon games (the "Offer"). Plus, if you buy either of the Pokémon 2DS consoles or the limited edition Super Smash Bros. 3DS XL console, you will be eligible for the free game.

How to Take Part:
    1. If you don’t already have a Club Nintendo account, set one up by visiting club.nintendo.com and sign up.
    2. Register your Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system with Club Nintendo between 11 September 2014 and 12 January 2015 (23:59 GMT)
    3. Register one of the following titles (the “Selected Titles”) with Club Nintendo between 3 October 2014 and 12 January 2015 (23:59 GMT):
    - Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
    - Pokémon Omega Ruby
    - Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

For the registration of a downloaded version of the Selected Title, the respective Nintendo eShop account of the Nintendo system must be linked with a Club Nintendo account prior to the download or within 5 days after the download. To finish the registration of the downloaded version, the product survey must be completed.

4. Log in to Club Nintendo 24 hours after registration, click the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion banner and request a free download code for one of the following eligible games (“Bonus Games”) via your Club Nintendo account by 12 February 2015 (23:59 GMT):

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    - Yoshi's New Island
    - Kirby: Triple Deluxe
    - Mario Golf: World Tour
    - Mario Party: Island Tour
    - Pokémon Art Academy

The download code will be sent to you via email to the email address registered in your Club Nintendo account within 48 hours.

5. The download code can be used to download your chosen Bonus Game from the Nintendo eShop to your Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS system. The download code expires on 12th March 2015, 23:59 (GMT) and must be redeemed by this time.

Just noticed, Some of the Wii U consoles seem to be at good prices without being in the sales (yet)
    Wii U Consoles Amazon UK
    Wii U Consoles Amazon France

E.G.- Zelda Windwaker 32GB pack is €292 delivered from Amazon France.

Super deal apart from the wait time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looking for Fantasy Life if anyone spots it on the cheap can they post here please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

sweetie wrote: »
    Super deal apart from the wait time! (the second bundle in I think)

I want to cry

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's another one for an extra tenner with MK8, Super Mario 3D World and Wii Party U (so extra Wiimote). That seems like excellent value :)

There's another one for an extra tenner with MK8, Super Mario 3D World and Wii Party U (so extra Wiimote). That seems like excellent value :)

It's not released until the middle of January

Picked that up, not too bothered that it's not 2.0, my kid won't know the difference, and there's a couple of figures coming up at 5:30.

Also threw Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros U into the basket.

I had the Pro Controller in too but removed it, do I need one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Picked that up, not too bothered that it's not 2.0, my kid won't know the difference, and there's a couple of figures coming up at 5:30.

Also threw Nintendo Land, Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros U into the basket.

I had the Pro Controller in too but removed it, do I need one ?

It seems to be the primary second controller for the console, although if you have Wii Remotes and Nunchucks then those should do in a lot of cases.

Yeah, already got 2 Wii remotes and 1 nunchuck so sounds like I'm sorted for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

there doesn't seem to be any great deals on the wii u premium yet.. Anyone know if there's likely to be anything later in the week? Hoping to get a new one for €240 or less

• Advertisement

4000 star pts gets you 3 Mariokart lapel pins
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/mario-kart-8-badge-set-271
    5265-5475980ebe6ff.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Nice one, been waiting a while for something besides 'ringtones' or 'wallpapers' since the playing cards to order something. Nice box too.

2150 stars left now.

Hoping for a Smash Bros Soundtrack soon, the Kirby one was great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hoping for a Smash Bros Soundtrack soon, the Kirby one was great.

Look for the homemade soundtracks to Kirby's Dreamland, Super Mario World and Super Mario Land by a guy called XOC.
    They are incredible, a google should reveal a few sources.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Look for the homemade soundtracks to Kirby's Dreamland, Super Mario World and Super Mario Land by a guy called XOC.
    They are incredible, a google should reveal a few sources.

thanks.

The Smash Bros soundtrack is unlikely to make it to the Stars catalogue given that it's the incentive / reward for buying both the 3DS and WiiU versions.

Infinity 2.0 down to £39.99 on amazon, which is grand except that it was in the Lightning Deals on Monday, so it's probably going to be back at some point....
    Injustice is down to £8.50 and is a solid fighter with fun DC trimmings.
    Arkham Origins is £9.99. Only worth it on WiiU if that's your sole console. The XBox, 3DS and PS3 versions were in lightning deals earlier in the week though...

And for a change of pace, the Lego Spiderman SpiderCycle Chase (with Venom, Nick Fury and Nick's flying car which I'm going to call Noleen) is £16.99. It's around €22 in Tesco at the moment, but Smyths had it as low as €17.99 at one point.... it's still a good price though.

81UhENjHgdL._SL1442_.jpghttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P68FY0M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This bundle is now been released on December 5th, it's £199.99. I've just pre-ordered it:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aside from the crummy internal storage, its pretty stellar value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

That is probably the best value bundle I've seen for the Wii U.

People who haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet... GO GO GO!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

81UhENjHgdL._SL1442_.jpghttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P68FY0M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This bundle is now been released on December 5th. I've just pre-ordered it:)

An incredible bundle, just throw in a portable HDD and you're laughing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement