Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can anyone recommend the kind of storage the WiiU could benefit from? Its the first time I've considered the basic version :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    An incredible bundle, just throw in a portable HDD and you're laughing.
    And they're dropping in price all the time smile.png.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the kind of storage the WiiU could benefit from? Its the first time I've considered the basic version :)

Mentioned before, but a reminder, the best (most recommended) portable drives for the Wii U are the HGST Touro Mobile Pro, the Seagate Backup Plus Slim and the Toshiba Canvio

It is also recommended (if one doesn't come with it) to get a 'Y' cable

Some more info in this thread - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65965407

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

That is a fantastic looking deal. I've been holding off getting a Wii U until there was a price drop, and this is insanely good value. Especially considering you can plug an external HD into it, the low internal storage won't really matter. What's actually in the package though? Seems to be a discrepancy between the description and the pictures.
    Maybe not the best place to ask, but it is possible to connect this to a non HDMI port on a TV, right? Either RGB or YPbPr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

I've pre-ordered that pack too. Comes to GBP 204.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dubmick wrote: »
    I've pre-ordered that pack too. Comes to GBP 204.

Spoke to customer services, they're refunding me the 5£ when it ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

can you pre-order and collect instore with smyths tomorrow the wii u super smash bros?

I should have done it sooner but the Collect In Store option is no longer available for any store, only the home delivery option is available (I don't think he can wait another 1-2 working days for this game, has been holding onto birthday money for months now for this game)

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Spoke to customer services, they're refunding me the 5£ when it ships.

they are? bizarre. The difference is due to Irish vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

delta36 wrote: »
    That is a fantastic looking deal. I've been holding off getting a Wii U until there was a price drop, and this is insanely good value. Especially considering you can plug an external HD into it, the low internal storage won't really matter. What's actually in the package though? Seems to be a discrepancy between the description and the pictures.
    Maybe not the best place to ask, but it is possible to connect this to a non HDMI port on a TV, right? Either RGB or YPbPr?

Exactly what's in the picture.

Exactly what's in the picture.

Cool, thanks. Got a bit confused because the description listed Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros. U interchangeably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cool, thanks. Got a bit confused because the description listed Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros. U interchangeably.

There was some confusion whether it was Mario 3D or New Super Mario Bros. U but its defo Super Mario 3D World, MK8, Wii Party U, Nintendoland and a wii mote included. I actually can't wait to play a few Wii games like the Galaxy games and Xenoblade, just need a sensor bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Disappointing on the console front regarding Black Friday deals. PS4 and Xbox One deals to beat the band, haven't seen any Wii U ones.

Maybe it's a sign that it's selling well at the moment as is and no expectations of surplus stock levels?

Premium packs reduced to GBP 219.99 on Amazon.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Disappointing on the console front regarding Black Friday deals. PS4 and Xbox One deals to beat the band, haven't seen any Wii U ones.

Maybe it's a sign that it's selling well at the moment as is and no expectations of surplus stock levels?

I had that realization last night with regards to the Wii U. Both Mario Kart and Smash Bros. have come out this year, Nintendo know they're probably going to sell a lot at Christmas, regardless of price drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It only comes with a HDMI cable. If you have a component cable from a Wii then I believe they work too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So what's the best price people have found on the High Street for Smash Bros. Wii U? Are HMV selling it, how much? They've no website. The best I see is Smyths for €50.

Argos are selling the amiibos for €13.99 which is €1 cheaper than Smyths. It's not much but if you plan on buying alot then it'll add up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Smyths price might be the online price too - it could be €55 in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm running a Wii U off a Wii composite cable (I know it has a proper name, but the one with a yellow video phono and red & white audio phonos) on a CRT, it definitely works
    But if it's 4:3, no matter what you do you will always lose a bit of the picture at the edges and it looks rough. And you'll end up playing on the GamePad because it just looks BOSS!

I noticed last night that Argos had reduced their Mario Kart premium bundle to €279.99. I checked this morning and it was still this price.

Opened a new session on a different laptop and it was then showing the old priced of €312, something funky going on, but I see it's now back to €279.99. so pretty much the same price of the same bundle on Amazon.

holly8 wrote: »
    can you pre-order and collect instore with smyths tomorrow the wii u super smash bros?

I should have done it sooner but the Collect In Store option is no longer available for any store, only the home delivery option is available (I don't think he can wait another 1-2 working days for this game, has been holding onto birthday money for months now for this game)

anyone here know where I can get Smash Bros game today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

holly8 wrote: »
    anyone here know where I can get Smash Bros game today?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057335047

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Went to check stock on Argos.ie, seems it's crashed.

Stupid Black Friday.

Yeah, it's a bit all over the place at the moment, it took me a while to get in and check stock. A lot of back paging and selecting it again, once you get to the product page it's a bit smoother. I did notice that last night there was 4 in Blanchardstown, now there's 1, so somebody is picking them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Is the Smash&adapter bundle likely to be re-stocked? I had though about picking it up for when I get the Wii at Christmas (or maybe dropping a few hints for my sister...), seems to have sold out in most places now though.

Mr E wrote: »

Boardsie saved the day again! Got it.
    One very happy 11 yr old who has been saving his money for months to get it specifically on Release Day...thx!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

The Argos website is dying on its arse. Just took me 5 solid minutes to reserve a copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Gamestop's has been down on and off all day, Game's hasn't been up at all.

Kim Kardashian got her arse out trying to break the internet and all it took was a few sales....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »
    So what's the best price people have found on the High Street for Smash Bros. Wii U? Are HMV selling it, how much? They've no website.
    HMX-Xtravision don't count Nintendo as videogames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The Argos website is dying on its arse. Just took me 5 solid minutes to reserve a copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Gamestop's has been down on and off all day, Game's hasn't been up at all.

Kim Kardashian got her arse out trying to break the internet and all it took was a few sales....

Call the store and reserve. That's what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Infinity 2.0 Avengers starter set for Wii U - £26.99 from Amazon
    Cheap enough to treat yourself. Expensive enough to qualify for free delivery. Well played, Amazon
    This isn't a lightning deal price either, far as I can see, its' just a price. Which is great if it doesn't change, but means you don't have the security of knowing it's stable for at least an hour.

What was it going for in the lightning deal earlier in the week, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »
    What was it going for in the lightning deal earlier in the week, anyone know?
    It was the same. I was going to get it, but XE.com told me it was forty-something euro (I can't remember the exact price) so I left it. But it's now worth ~ €34 with current exchange rate.

It's €34.99 in Argos

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I noticed last night that Argos had reduced their Mario Kart premium bundle to €279.99. I checked this morning and it was still this price.

Just to add, this bundle also comes with Mass Effect 3 and Fifa 13.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement