Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Just to add, this bundle also comes with Mass Effect 3 and Fifa 13.

good spot. Wonder if there will be hassle adding these two as a separate order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I didn't add them when reserving, and I paid at the kiosk so no games came out with the console. I had to queue and get a manager to sort it, I thought they may have come out automatically as they were free.

They probably get set to 0 if you add them at reservation time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone know how much the new Pokemon games are in Argos? They have the spend 50 / get a 5 voucher thing back i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Tempted by that £199 Amazon bundle.

A few questions you guys might be able to help me.

The whole motion thing was lost on me with the Wii.

Is this more a console that you can just sit down and play like the good old days? Say Mario kart, does the game pad work well for that? Not too bulky to play with?

Same for the mario platformers and SSB, can you just use that, or say the game pad pro thing? I don't ever want to use a nunchuck again! Or wave the wiimote at a tv.

The nintendo land/mario party etc does appeal though for xmas family fun. Same question, can they all be played with the controllers? Old wii remotes work with them too right?

Bit confused about all the different controllers really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Just to add, this bundle also comes with Mass Effect 3 and Fifa 13.

Thanks for pointing this out, i just reserved it with the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Tempted by that £199 Amazon bundle.

A few questions you guys might be able to help me.

The whole motion thing was lost on me with the Wii.

Is this more a console that you can just sit down and play like the good old days? Say Mario kart, does the game pad work well for that? Not too bulky to play with?

Same for the mario platformers and SSB, can you just use that, or say the game pad pro thing? I don't ever want to use a nunchuck again! Or wave the wiimote at a tv.

The nintendo land/mario party etc does appeal though for xmas family fun. Same question, can they all be played with the controllers? Old wii remotes work with them too right?

Bit confused about all the different controllers really!

You can sit down and play away, no wiggling required. But the facility is there, should you want it. I'm not sure if the pack you are looking at has a motion bar in it, or if the Wii one works.

The Pro Controller works for most (if not all) games.

The Pad can be used as a controller, and as a playing device, think of it like a jumbo DS. The screen is about the size of a Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One. Over all, it's about the size of a standard tablet, but quite chunky. It's not unwieldly, my 7 (I think he's 7, could be 9, IDK, less than 10) year old nephew took to it straight away.

The WiiMotes you have from the Wii will work fine, you can do the swingy aroundy tire yourself out and go to bed stuff, or you can sit, and use them like a controller, D pad on one side, buttons on the other.

The NintendoLand stuff can be played with the WiiMotes (They need MotionPlus) and the GamePad. They're quite fun, and suprisingly, make good drinking, schmoking and fighting games when the lads are over. Up to 5 players can play some games, 4 on the TV and 1 using the GamePad screen.

Wait til there's cries for Amibos and Infinity characters and what have ye. I'm still horrid confuzzled by them.

Thanks! Been watching some youtube guides, think I can get away without doing my shoulder in after all:pac:

Next question, the gamepad pro, I'm seeing £50 prices on Amazon! Is it any cheaper anywhere else!? Someone listed some Japanese site, has anyone used it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Anyone know how much the new Pokemon games are in Argos? They have the spend 50 / get a 5 voucher thing back i think..

I bought it in there yesterday. It was €42.99

feck it, just got the Amazon offer and a pro controller from nippon for €35 inc shipping:)

Any must buy games? New super mario wii u or luigi or both?

Zombiu??

Wind Walker?

Bear in mind the the pack has Mario kart 8, Mario Party, and Super Mario 3d Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any must buy games? New super mario wii u or luigi or both?

wind waker is a must, there's a double pack of new Mario and Luigi together and deus ex, mass effect 3, darksiders 2 are decent ports worth playing. oh and the batman games and pikmin 3 and Lego city undercover and donkey Kong tropical freeze...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

Hey lads, lasses. Picking up a 3DS XL as a Christmas treat from Game (£209.99) with Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros and a bonus title from the promotion. Just wondering, since Luigi's Mansion comes pre-installed can I merge ownership of that title on the eShop with my current Nintendo ID? Didn't think this warrants it's own thread, sorry if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for £27 on Amazon

I don't have Omega Ruby in my basket, no idea if it's the same.

Also, the complete run of Deathnote (animé, not manga or movie) is down to £17ish, well worth it for the first half. Wind Waker HD is back down to £30.

Edit :
    Wind Waker has dropped to £25! Out of stock right now but sure you're busy playing Pokemon and Smash Bros! You can wait for it at that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Captain Toad has also dropped to £25 on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »

They must be watching the prices on Tesco Direct with discount, because they dropped to the same price (Pokemon and Toad) with a code. Better for us though, because with Tesco Direct we need to use Parcel Motel (€3.95)

Legend of Zelda WindWaker is also £25 with code TDX-HQ9T (£5 off)
    So that may also drop on amazon.

EDIT - It already is. :)Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD £25 Free Super Saver Delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

CastorTroy wrote: »

I only see it as unavailable with no price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange. Looks like they took it off about 6 hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wind Waker is back up to £35 now. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Wind Waker is back up to £35 now. :confused:

It was (I guess) supposed to be a Cyber Monday deal. Tesco may still offer it for £25 + €3.95 (using above code) to parcel motel which is still better than £35.

Anyone know if Very.Co.Uk will deliver to Parcel Motel?
    If so, there was an interesting post against a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze offer on HUKD
    (The Offer is for click n collect at John Lewis and doesn't apply to us)
    thebaron69 wrote:

They were talking about click n collect, and you're adding on delivery but sweet jeebus if it works....
    Note : It would require both Delivery to Parcel Motel and Very accepting your Irish credit card for payment. Paypal ain't gonna cut it. Do we have a separate thread for Nintendo pipe dreams and crazy schemes that will never work?

Edit:
    2000pts gets you 8-Bit mario festive wrapping paper from the Stars catalog, which at this point you might get in time for easter.
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/8-bit-mario-festive-gift-wrapping-paper-274

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Banjo wrote: »
    Edit:
    2000pts gets you 8-Bit mario festive wrapping paper from the Stars catalog, which at this point you might get in time for easter.
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/8-bit-mario-festive-gift-wrapping-paper-274

Ha! Totally!

Does the UK Club Nintendo have a rewards system like the American one?

Just started using it today for the Winter Promotion and realised I have a pile of unused Club Nintendo cards.

no, they have the stars catalog. It's mostly tat, but every now and again you get a Kirby soundtrack or Mariokart trophies or the awesome cuddly yoshi. I loved my Mario and Luigi car window shades, till one of my daughters picked the Luigi one to bits. They do a diorama about once a year - the Bros and Bowser, Luigi's mansion, Link. But if you go to the Stars Catalog from your club nintendo account, what you see now is probably what you'll see 90% of the time you go in - they cannot shift those pikmin keyrings or sleep masks.

Cool, thanks for the reply!

I was looking at the American site and saw they had a system of 'get x amount of points in a year to get gold level, etc' with rewards on your level at the end of the year.

I'm up to 1750 after the XL and a couple of games. It'll be Club Nintendo domination by the time I clear the backlog I have, ha.

Can't decide what to pick though. I'll probably end up with the Yoshi just for the sake of spending the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

no, they have the stars catalog. It's mostly tat, but every now and again you get a Kirby soundtrack or Mariokart trophies or the awesome cuddly yoshi. I loved my Mario and Luigi car window shades, till one of my daughters picked the Luigi one to bits. They do a diorama about once a year - the Bros and Bowser, Luigi's mansion, Link. But if you go to the Stars Catalog from your club nintendo account, what you see now is probably what you'll see 90% of the time you go in - they cannot shift those pikmin keyrings or sleep masks.
    "awesome cuddly yoshi" you mean http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/yoshi-plush-soft-toy-242/?locale=en_GB this?
    Do you have it?
    I'm either saving for the yoshi backpack or that, was leaning toward the backpack as plussies can be very cheap.

And the amazing wallpapers and ringtones!
    Making Americans cry every time we get one good reward for 500 games, though. It's my anti-drug.
    Anyone know if Very.Co.Uk will deliver to Parcel Motel?
    If so, there was an interesting post against a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze offer on HUKD
    (The Offer is for click n collect at John Lewis and doesn't apply to us)

They were talking about click n collect, and you're adding on delivery but sweet jeebus if it works....
    Note : It would require both Delivery to Parcel Motel and Very accepting your Irish credit card for payment. Paypal ain't gonna cut it. Do we have a separate thread for Nintendo pipe dreams and crazy schemes that will never work?

Edit:
    I've never had any trouble using my irish credit card on uk-only sites, usually just takes a lot of kerflumpeling with the address, and 9/10 cc companies don't care about the address if you use something like mastercard's securecard etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Can't decide what to pick though. I'll probably end up with the Yoshi just for the sake of spending the points.

I wouldn't... because sometimes something really cool comes along and will be gone within a day...

My most recent one was
    630x.jpg
    The lightning cup! I already have the shell cup, but I won that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love the soundtracks, picked up Super Mario 3D World and Kirby Triple Deluxe recently.
    Also got Ball, the replica Game&Watch.
    I got a Pikmin keyring too, quite nice but was robbed on the Legend of Zelda little bag thingy, which amounted to a pencil case in PU Leather with the Hyrule crest on it, a terrible crappy item.

gubbie wrote: »
    I wouldn't... because sometimes something really cool comes along and will be gone within a day...

My most recent one was
    630x.jpg
    The lightning cup! I already have the shell cup, but I won that

Yeah, that's what was holding me back. You can pick up plushes quite cheap, and I'd assume you could buy the Yoshi&apple plush elsewhere. I mean, when you think about it, you're spending points from games that would probably add up to €800-900 when new at retail on a plush you could probably pick up for under €20.

I'd rather hold out for something that was exclusive to Club Nintendo.

How often do things like that come up?

@Nollag - yes I have the yoshi, and I love it but can see why it's not for everyone. My girls like it, I'm sold. Also, I asked about Very specifically as people have reported probs in the past (2011/12?) with Irish Credit cards on the site, especially with a non-irish delivery address. You don't get the discount for using PayPal, and the prices aren't great on their own.

@gubbie - I have been checking that site twice a day for about a year and a half or so because of those trophies. I wanted the shell one, was 100 points short and in the time it took to fill out a survey it was gone. Then I dithered on the lightning one in case the shell came back into stock, it went too :( What are they like in person?

Watchdogs on Amazon back down to £35 while it's out of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

@gubbie - I have been checking that site twice a day for about a year and a half or so because of those trophies. I wanted the shell one, was 100 points short and in the time it took to fill out a survey it was gone. Then I dithered on the lightning one in case the shell came back into stock, it went too :( What are they like in person?

I have the leaf and the mushroom ones. I think they're very well made and really like them. Best things I've got from Club Nintendo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement