Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

81UhENjHgdL._SL1442_.jpghttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P68FY0M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

This bundle is now been released on December 5th, it's £199.99. I've just pre-ordered it:)
    Just got an email off amazon. They better not ruin my Xmas.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Nintendo Wii U 8GB Party Pack with Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)"
    Estimated arrival date: December 16 2014 - December 17 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah I got one saying the 12th as the new estimated arrival date. Pffft! Not well pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

Not sure if this one's been dropped yet, but 190 euro for a new 3DS XL with Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Mario themed carry case / trinkets.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-3ds-xl-silver-with-luigis-mansion-2-and-super-mario-folio-kit-only-at-game-319751?categoryIdentifier=103610&catGroupId=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Yeah I got one saying the 12th as the new estimated arrival date. Pffft! Not well pleased.

Same. Saying the 12th for me as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just got an email off amazon. They better not ruin my Xmas.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Nintendo Wii U 8GB Party Pack with Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)"
    Estimated arrival date: December 16 2014 - December 17 2014

My brother got that yesterday and got an email saying its cancelled altogether this morning.

• Advertisement

My brother got that yesterday and got an email saying its cancelled altogether this morning.

Bit odd, I haven't got an email saying it's been cancelled, just that it's delayed. Perhaps the amount available has decreased as well?
    I'll be a little annoyed if this ends up getting cancelled, I didn't buy other bundle deals available in the shops because I decided to pre-order this one instead.

I got another email but it still said the 12th. I logged in and it still shows "expected delivery 12th". Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I got the cancellation email as well :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not so much a bargain, but it has been missing from Amazon since September
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is back in stock for £32.89
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CMJ1K5Q/

Edit: That didn't last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

What the hell is going on with Amazon and Nintendo? Bundles being delayed and cancelled, adapters cancelled and apparently even Amiibo orders have been cancelled.

• Advertisement

It's really dodgy. I've never had an issue with Amazon but there definitely seems something very amiss between them and Nintendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Had my order cancelled this morning. Most annoying thing is, I've already bought other games and a controller since ordering because I thought "Hey, it's Amazon, they won't screw me over"...

EDIT: Just realised, cherryghost (my brother) already posted about my cancellation.

I was assured mine is going to be fulfilled. Can't say I'm confident of that reading all your cancellation reports!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo didn't produce enough stock. Now everyone and their mother are ripping off customers to buy the Gamecube controller adapter and amiibo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think it was always indicated that the adaptor was to be a limited thing.
    Its just Amazon doing a Bayonetta 2 all over again.
    Also, there may he folk who ordered multiples to flog on eBay or, ironically, via Amazon's Marketplace.
    Interesting that a WiiU peripheral is this Christmas's PS4 panic buy with people throwing crazy money at sellers who bought for the express purpose of making money.

So, the people who got their Nintendo bundle cancelled, what day did they order theirs? Kind of weird some are cancelled, some are not, unless they're doing it on a first come, first served basis. Ordered mine on the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

FFS. Amazon also cancelled my Wii U. I've already received the other games and accessories I ordered with it. So pissed off with them.

The £15 voucher in the email is fine, but its not what I ordered. I'm actually quite annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I haven't received anything. Two other orders are also showing "Out Of Stock". They weren't when I ordered, even the day after. I posted one here.
    They're not even new, Wind Waker and Mario Bros.. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Saintsbury's in Springfield off the M1 have the 8gb wiiu + Smash Bros for £179.99 which seems pretty good for a B&M shop.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Saintsbury's in Springfield off the M1 have the 8gb wiiu + Smash Bros for £179.99 which seems pretty good for a B&M shop.

Same thing in symths for 235. 7 euro price difference according to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

delta36 wrote: »
    So, the people who got their Nintendo bundle cancelled, what day did they order theirs? Kind of weird some are cancelled, some are not, unless they're doing it on a first come, first served basis. Ordered mine on the 28th.

I ordered the mario kart bundle on the 30th. Only thing is i ordered it through flubit with parcel motel. My order says its been dispatched and the delivery estimate says the 11th. Fingers crossed. I think as long as you haven't got the dreaded cancellation email yet you should be ok. I doubt theyd let it drag on too long with christmas around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I ordered on the 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Disappointing on the console front regarding Black Friday deals. PS4 and Xbox One deals to beat the band, haven't seen any Wii U ones.

Maybe it's a sign that it's selling well at the moment as is and no expectations of surplus stock levels?

Maybe, although considering the PS4 and X1 are both selling better and still get deals, I'm inclined to be more cynical. I think it's more likely that Amazon just cleared their excess stuff a while ago and now keep a pretty low stock. This fiasco lately could just be down to them underestimating the demand for the Christmas buying season and the release of Smash Bros. HMV have given up selling them completely, I'm worried it might become a niche item.
    feck it, just got the Amazon offer and a pro controller from nippon for €35 inc shipping:)

Any must buy games? New super mario wii u or luigi or both?

Zombiu??

Wind Walker?

Bear in mind the the pack has Mario kart 8, Mario Party, and Super Mario 3d Wii U.

Can't recommend Wind Waker enough. I don't have the Wii U version yet but the GC one was one of my all time favourites and I'm not the only one who considers it the best Zelda game. It looks fantastic too.
    Does the UK Club Nintendo have a rewards system like the American one?

Just started using it today for the Winter Promotion and realised I have a pile of unused Club Nintendo cards.

Honestly, the Nintendo rewards club is dire. The majority of stuff you can get is worthless (ringtones and wallpapers are free if you go anywhere else) or horrifically overpriced. I mean a €50 game gets you 250 stars and even the cheapest of rewards is generally around 2000. Right now 2000 gets you some wrapping paper. That's €400 you have to spend on games to get €4 worth of merch. There's no reason for it to be so poor, especially if you compare it to Disney's where you buy 5 movies and you get enough points to claim another movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

C14N wrote: »

Honestly, the Nintendo rewards club is dire. The majority of stuff you can get is worthless (ringtones and wallpapers are free if you go anywhere else) or horrifically overpriced. I mean a €50 game gets you 250 stars and even the cheapest of rewards is generally around 2000. Right now 2000 gets you some wrapping paper. That's €400 you have to spend on games to get €4 worth of merch. There's no reason for it to be so poor, especially if you compare it to Disney's where you buy 5 movies and you get enough points to claim another movie.

Yeah, that's what's putting me off claiming anything that's currently there. The only thing I would get from the current selection is the Yoshi plush, but you'd have to spend the points from about €800 worth of games to get it.

I'll probably hold off until I see something like the trophies/statues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Yeah, that's what's putting me off claiming anything that's currently there. The only thing I would get from the current selection is the Yoshi plush, but you'd have to spend the points from about €800 worth of games to get it.

I'll probably hold off until I see something like the trophies/statues.

Its what's putting me off entering the codes at all right now. I registered SSB Wii U and when I saw what that got me I couldn't drum up the effort to scratch off the rest of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Preowned games with the codes unused, its your only man.
    The great Tesco games rush of 2014 got me a few bits from Club Nintendo this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know what the best deal on Wii U consoles currently is? Thinking of treating myself before Christmas. The white ‘basic’ one is in Argos for €199 which looks decent but is it worth paying more the Premium Pack?

• Advertisement

Mario bros and basic pack for 220 in smyths, If you venture up the north, Game will do you the same thing for £160.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement