Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think it was always indicated that the adaptor was to be a limited thing.
    Is it?
    Limited bundle maybe, in fairness to Nintendo in regard to bayonetta, they always said it was limited (in Europe), amazon and co just went by the American material.
    I haven't seen the word limited used for the adapter at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Would argos substitute Super Mario 3d world for new super mario bros in their wii u bundle? its 5 euro cheaper anyway like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

cloud493 wrote: »
    Would argos substitute Super Mario 3d world for new super mario bros in their wii u bundle? its 5 euro cheaper anyway like.

New Super Mario is ~ £13GBP on Amazon or TheGameCollection or Shopto. So the more valuable one is the Mario 3D World.

EDIT - Seems to have gone slightly up, still cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Allyall wrote: »

That's pretty good pity I already picked up Party U to get a motion plus remote for the wii.
    cloud493 wrote: »

Doubt it, wouldn't say they have much flexibility. I'd probably go for it if you could get it with Mario 3d or Mario Kart for that price. Really should have gone with the amazon deal the minute I saw it. Want the games to play with my 6 year old daughter and Mario U is meant to be a bit hard. Want Nintendoland aswell as it's meant to be good for kids.

• Advertisement

So, its mario bros for 226, or smash bros for 233... hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I feel bad for all of you that think these basic bundle Wii U's are deals.

Not much else going :P shame considering theres been some really good PS4/XB1 bundles going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

sligeach wrote: »
    I feel bad for all of you that think these basic bundle Wii U's are deals.

But the premium is €80 more. There has been better offers on the premium in the past but the basic ones seem better value at the minute. The opinion seems to be even with the 32gb you're going to end up needing an external drive. The premium rewards is ending at the end of the month as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

My Wii U Pro Controller arrived from Japan. My Zombiu arrived last week. Now all I need is a bloody Wii U *cough cough* AMAZON!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

The Wii U basic deals do seem a lot better, even if you include ~€50 for some of the compatible 500GB external hard drives for more storage space, they still work out better value.
    Plus, personally I figure it's always easier to get a good deal on a hard copy of a console game, than go through the online store :p

The Wii U Basic model compared to the Premium model lacks 24GB's of memory, the sensor bar, gampad stand, gamepad charger stand, Wii U console stand. As well as the Premium rewards club but that's ending soon. I think Nintendo might extend that. There were far better deals for the Wii U a year ago.

I picked up my second Premium Wii U for €150. That was the Limited Edition Zelda bundle along with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. So over a year later and the Smyths offer is for the lesser console, a game less and you've to pay €70 more. That's both laughable and farcical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Console was dead in the water last year, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1,2, Mario Kart and Smash Bros have given it a lifeline this time round but Nintendo seem to want people to buy direct from their own site rather than through online or B&M retailers, pretty ****ty move imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Console was dead in the water last year, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1,2, Mario Kart and Smash Bros have given it a lifeline this time round but Nintendo seem to want people to buy direct from their own site rather than through online or B&M retailers, pretty ****ty move imo.

in fairness tho, how many retailers abandoned nintendo last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

in fairness tho, how many retailers abandoned nintendo last year

HMV/Xtra-vision burned them when they almost closed last year so Nintendo are not supplying them with anything really, Gamestop are more geared towards Xbox now so it's really only Argos and Smyths doing Nintendo stuff.

HMV/Xtra-vision burned them when they almost closed last year so Nintendo are not supplying them with anything really, Gamestop are more geared towards Xbox now so it's really only Argos and Smyths doing Nintendo stuff.

Gamestop though they stock the Wii U, I wouldn't count them as they're a complete rip-off. Are they stocking amiibo, they're not on their website? I could imagine what price they'd charge. Their Wii U section is so small, probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Gamestop though they stock the Wii U, I wouldn't count them as they're a complete rip-off. Are they stocking amiibo, they're not on their website? I could imagine what price they'd charge. Their Wii U section is so small, probably not.

Yeah, I saw them on the counter upstairs in their Henry St. shop last week. They were either €15.99 or €16.99.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The basic bundle is a decent place to start of you already have a Wii and can co opt its sensor bar and other accessories.
    But the charging stand for the Gamepad is very handy, along with the extra memory and it's probably worth the extra couple of euro.

Pity the poor WiiU, very unlikely it'll get it's mojo back, regardless of its 2015/16 line up , in the eyes of the typical games player.
    But, hopefully the coming year will provide smoke good reasons for those who bought one to regret nothing.
    Zelda could well be a game of the year, in the balance the franchise has seldom had a misstep and even it's poorer entries are better than comparable titles on other formats.
    Heaven knows about Starfox or any other titles in development.
    And then we've another round of MK8 dlc to come in the Spring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can honestly say my Wii U got very little gametime since I got it last Xmas, but smash bros and mario with my younger kids are now making it likely to be my primary console for a while :) VIVA LA NINTENDO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pity the poor WiiU, very unlikely it'll get it's mojo back, regardless of its 2015/16 line up , in the eyes of the typical games player.

Never will happen with any nintendo console ever.

• Advertisement

Pokemon white is back to €10 in argos. Black is still €46.

The Hut had the Basic Wii U for £122 yesterday. Sold out in about an hour. That's the cheapest I've seen it yet. They might get more in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Never will happen with any nintendo console ever.

That's a bit absolute, isn't it?

No way to know that Nintendo and their next home console won't tick all the boxes in terms of power and find itself doing well.

And your comment also differs that, whole their home console falters, their handheld consoles go from strength to strength, most popular on the planet

They really do face an uphill battle to get any kind of support. They've done serious damage over a few generations. Microsoft and Sony have established online communities. Nintendo don't. I'm playing Black Ops II online on the Wii U at the moment. There's at most ever 1,500 people online and that's when the Americans are awake. The only mode I can play is team death match and if I'm extremely lucky the very odd free for all. There's nobody in all the other modes. There's just not enough people. Blops 2 sold 250,000 on Wii U. On PS3 and Xbox360 it sold over 13 million each. That's what Nintendo is up against. People aren't going to up and leave the competition and Nintendo's online just doesn't compare. Sure it's free but would many people pay for a subpar service? And that's just 1 aspect that Nintendo have a problem with. They've a plethora of other issues.

They've made an absolute mare of the release of the Wii U though, to such an extent that........2 years after release?......regular gamers I know actually think it is an add on for the Wii. Can't wait to get my hands on it, but......yeah. That says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm playing Black Ops II online on the Wii U at the moment. There's at most ever 1,500 people online and that's when the Americans are awake. The only mode I can play is team death match and if I'm extremely lucky the very odd free for all. There's nobody in all the other modes. There's just not enough people. Blops 2 sold 250,000 on Wii U. On PS3 and Xbox360 it sold over 13 million each. That's what Nintendo is up against.

People don't buy a nintendo console to play Black Ops and the likes

ThisRegard wrote: »
    People don't buy a nintendo console to play Black Ops and the likes

Speak for yourself. And that's the kind of attitude that make 3rd parties give us the middle finger. Why can't we have both 1st party and 3rd party games? I have as many 3rd party games as 1st party games. And that's been the case from the Gamecube on. SNES and N64 were predominantly 1st party games.

You know what's a big problem? Nintendo selling Rare. They were so prolific and churned out as many high quality games as Nintendo themselves. Nintendo never replaced them. People talk of Retro Studios but they're not what they were when Prime was released and they only make 1 game every 2-3 years.

Blops on the Wii was brilliant and there was well over 20,000 people on there all the time. Even when Blops II released there was still over 10,000 people playing the original on Wii right up until the servers were shut down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

If third party devs released decent Wii U ports people would probably buy them...

FIFA 13, from what I've read, was missing a lot of the features that were extremely popular on the other consoles. When I played FIFA on the 360, the majority of my time was spent playing Ultimate Team and Pro Clubs with friends. Not including them takes a huge chunk of replay ability from the game.

Watch Dogs released months late and at twice the price you can buy it used on the PS4 in CEX.

You don't buy a console with the intention of not playing most of its library just because they're not first party games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

To be fair, I'd say of the Wii U, most of the games I'm interested in are first party. I wouldn't be interested in substandard multiplatform ports, but when Nintendo says they are going to release a new Mario Kart/Zelda, I'm interested immediately

• Advertisement

The only reason I am getting one is for the Nintendo exclusives. I have a PS3 for all the 3rd party games I want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement