Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

sligeach wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. And that's the kind of attitude that make 3rd parties give us the middle finger.

You might have misunderstood my point. I'm not saying people don't play those type of games on Nintendo platforms, I'm saying they generally don't buy their consoles for the purpose of playing those games, they'd look elsewhere as they're usually better on the One or PS4 if they were the type of games they largely had an interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

RedXIV wrote: »
    To be fair, I'd say of the Wii U, most of the games I'm interested in are first party. I wouldn't be interested in substandard multiplatform ports, but when Nintendo says they are going to release a new Mario Kart/Zelda, I'm interested immediately

I agree, I used to be in the camp of wanting Nintendo to court third parties but to be honest at this point I just hope Nintendo grow out their first parties, share their IP with certain third parties and increase the rate of game releases. Once I accepted the WiiU would be used in tandem with PC/Xbone/PS4 I grew to appreciate it more for what it was. I understand that some people can't afford to buy multiple consoles which sucks but it's just the way it is. In a perfect world we would get nintendo first party and third-parties on the one console but it just isn't to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ThisRegard wrote: »
    People don't buy a nintendo console to play Black Ops and the likes

9 times out of 10 I'd agree but Zombi U and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(I know it wasn't a launch title) got my attention more than Nintendo Land and NSMBU did. Nintendo really struggled at the start to release games regularly, they still are though not as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

9 times out of 10 I'd agree but Zombi U and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(I know it wasn't a launch title) got my attention more than Nintendo Land and NSMBU did. Nintendo really struggled at the start to release games regularly, they still are though not as bad.

You'd be in a severe minority in that.

Most people who buy/bought a Wii U bought it for Mario, Mario Kart, Smash bros, etc..

Zombi U sold poorly even being a launch title (of which I've heard pretty good things about but I havent bought it yet so cant comment)

People who want and play the likes of COD are PS3/4 Xbox360/1 owners. A lot being the teenage bracket.

At this point Nintendo arent going to get those people back. If they increase the power and get third party support next time they might enter peoples thinking again but until then its the likes of gamers looking for a second console and parents getting their children a more child friendly console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not "Bargains" but I don't know where else, and it may suit somebody looking to get one for Christmas
    Super Smash & Adaptor is on Amazon Italy for €64.90 + €5.63 shipping (€71.07 Delivered)

Which may work out better if you are also purchasing something else.

The Adaptor is available for €19.24 + €7.76 shipping (€27.16 Delivered)
    Amazon France may work out cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You know what's a big problem? Nintendo selling Rare. They were so prolific and churned out as many high quality games as Nintendo themselves. Nintendo never replaced them. People talk of Retro Studios but they're not what they were when Prime was released and they only make 1 game every 2-3 years.

Nintendo never owned rare, and never sold them. They owned a portion of their stock and sold it. Most of Rare's top developers were already leaving before Nintendo sold up. It was actually a great business decision from Nintendo, Rare's output has been minimal and pretty awful since. Also Rare's constant delaying of games near the end of their original cycle was getting outrageous.

It's not like everything Rare did was great anyway. Conker is a prime example. The whole saga with Rare is actually a reason I think Nintendo are a little more stand offish with western developers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You'd be in a severe minority in that.

Most people who buy/bought a Wii U bought it for Mario, Mario Kart, Smash bros, etc..

Zombi U sold poorly even being a launch title (of which I've heard pretty good things about but I havent bought it yet so cant comment)

People who want and play the likes of COD are PS3/4 Xbox360/1 owners. A lot being the teenage bracket.

At this point Nintendo arent going to get those people back. If they increase the power and get third party support next time they might enter peoples thinking again but until then its the likes of gamers looking for a second console and parents getting their children a more child friendly console.

Obviously it's bought for the likes of Smash, Zelda and hopefully a new Metroid. I'm talking about the games that released at or very near launch. What the 3rd parties had was more impressive than Nintendo's own offerings which was unusual for a new Nintendo console. It's usually the opposite way around.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Nintendo never owned rare, and never sold them. They owned a portion of their stock and sold it. Most of Rare's top developers were already leaving before Nintendo sold up. It was actually a great business decision from Nintendo, Rare's output has been minimal and pretty awful since. Also Rare's constant delaying of games near the end of their original cycle was getting outrageous.

It's not like everything Rare did was great anyway. Conker is a prime example. The whole saga with Rare is actually a reason I think Nintendo are a little more stand offish with western developers.

Yes Rare were on the slide big time and whatever about ownership. They were Nintendo exclusive. Problems occured on the Gamecube and we only got Starfox Adventures. But Nintendo messed around there big time. Delaying it from N64 to Gamecube and changing it from Dinosaur Planet to Starfox Adventures. My point about them mainly is they had a huge output in the SNES and N64 days and Nintendo got a huge stash of cash from the sale but never replaced them or their output.

How can you say Conkers Bad Fur Day is bad? It has a 92% average score on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/conkers-bad-fur-day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Allyall wrote: »
    Nintendo Wii U Premium Lego City Bundle €208.63 + Shipping - €10.74 = € 219.37

Nintendo Wii U Premium Zelda Wind Waker Bundle €208.63 + Shipping - €10.74 = € 219.37

Excellent Price for these.

Also, The Wonderful 101 is €15.73 when you log in (+€10.74 shipping)

What site is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

What site is that?

I too would like to know, in case Amazon email me tomorrow telling me my order has been cancelled/delayed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What site is that?
    delta36 wrote: »
    I too would like to know, in case Amazon email me tomorrow telling me my order has been cancelled/delayed :P

I don't see very favourable reviews of the site.. (Moonlooker.com)

A lot of complaints, some good reviews, but they seem to be less than the complaints.

I'm removing the links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can we please keep this as a bargain alert thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

From HDUK, 3 left;

ebay linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sweetie wrote: »
    From HDUK, 3 left;

ebay linky

gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

I view third party exclusives as their own sub-group and enjoy many of them. With multiplatform games the sad truth is that they just perform better on other hardware and the online infrastructure is so much more robust. ZombiU was exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It seems that Amazon £199 offer wasn't a mirage and actually exists, my order just updated to "dispatching"!!!

Hopefully the box isn't empty when they get to it:pac:

Edit, SHIPPED! Wooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

****s sake. Least I used an all4one voucher in argos so it didn't cost me any cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Lads, what site is the best/cheapest to get old Wii games online? Amazon and the like seem a bit of a ripoff. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nocoverart wrote:
    Lads, what site is the best/cheapest to get old Wii games online? Amazon and the like seem a bit of a ripoff. Thanks!

if you don't mind 2nd hand then adverts or CEX are best bet. picked up most of what I was missing using both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It seems that Amazon £199 offer wasn't a mirage and actually exists, my order just updated to "dispatching"!!!

Hopefully the box isn't empty when they get to it:pac:

Edit, SHIPPED! Wooo!

Mine says preparing to dispatch:). Still feel sorry for the lads who's ordered got cancelled to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Aye I woulda been raging, guess we lucked out. I was on to customer care a few times when I heard the cancellations coming though. They promised me it would be fine so I woulda lost the plot if it was eventually cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Banjo wrote: »

I cashed in for the Mario Kart pins, and some foam Mario wall decorations for the toddler (who is obsessed with "Soupey-Mario-3DWord Meoww", which is his full name apparently). And some Yoshi folder or something.

I just know there will be an awesome diorama yoke for meaningless points anytime soon. And I regret the soundtrack and Yoshi toy left behind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone know the best price for zelda wind waker HD? Its still a good 50 quid everywhere I look on the high street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Aye I woulda been raging, guess we lucked out. I was on to customer care a few times when I heard the cancellations coming though. They promised me it would be fine so I woulda lost the plot if it was eventually cancelled.

So was I. I told them my wife was crying and my sons Xmas would be ruined, I'm not married and don't have kids:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Same for me on that Nintendo bundle, shipped! :D
    Thanks, Tipsy, for sharing that bundle here, it's a fantastic deal, really glad it wasn't cancelled! Although I'll be impressed if it arrives by Amazon's estimated date of tomorrow, considering it shipped just before 6pm today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For second hand Wii games I would simply keep an eye on EBay buy don't limit the search to EBay Ireland, try the British site and, of they won't quote for shipping to Ireland just use parcel motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

decent deal on 8gb wii u with smash for 235 euro http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/wiiusupersmashconsoleoffer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watch_Dogs on Wii U for £26.86
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEOUMZS

though not in stock at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watch_Dogs on Wii U for £26.86
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEOUMZS

though not in stock at the moment

Might have to get that so :)
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Planning on picking up a Premium console just after Christmas, really sad to see there's no impressive bundles for it :( This is the first Nintendo console I haven't picked up either at launch or immediately afterwards since the Gamecube, and I'm hugely disappointed that the only good deals are for the 8GB console.

On another note, does anybody know if anywhere in Dublin is still stocking the Windwaker console for near enough what it went for originally? Definitely a long shot, but refusing to resign myself to the plain console just yet :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement