Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Argos have WiiU Marvel Lego Superdupes for €34. Not the lowest ever but not the end of the world
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1221826.htm
    Also if you like to be playing all the cool games from last year this year, Swap Force for 27.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1383379.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone else have trouble opening Argos links ? I more often than not just get a blank grey page with the Argos logo on it, be it Chrome of IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble opening Argos links ? I more often than not just get a blank grey page with the Argos logo on it, be it Chrome of IE.

Happens on my tablet and iPhone sometimes too. Some of their categories just won't load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Busy time of the day for their servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nah, it's not a server issue, my browsing session just won't build the page for some reason. I can get to the main menu, sometimes a few pages in, and then it just stops building the page.

So for example I can get into the Wii U page, but when I click on the link, nuttin.

Anyway, Black controller on offer in Argos at the moment for €23.99, not much stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you can get watchdogs on PS4/XB1, get it on there. The Wii U version isn't much cop apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

cloud493 wrote: »
    If you can get watchdogs on PS4/XB1, get it on there. The Wii U version isn't much cop apparently.

Wii U version is on Shopto for £26.86GBP - Although, apparently by the time that arrives, it may already be below €30 everywhere else.

The Game Collection (Via Rakuten) have Super Smash Bros for ~ €40 using code GIFT40 at checkout

https://www.facebook.com/RakutenUK/posts/10152475557831003
    http://www.rakuten.co.uk/category/155/?h=3&l-id=gb_search_show_60

Wii U basic with Nintendoland + Wii U Party + Wii Mote = €213.51 Delivered from Amazon.FR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

It doesn't look too bad i seen a few videos on YouTube before buying it and it looks grand, im still waiting for it to arrive tho, damn u cheap but long delivery wait cdwow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Keep an eye on adverts, donedeal, gumtree, buyandsell, etc. if you want a bargain. Spotted this on donedeal last night, I enquired about it but unfortunately she said that she sold it this morning. Not surprising, it was an absolute steal:

http://www.donedeal.ie/laptops-for-sale/wii-u-nintendo-32-gb-console/8288593
    Wii u Nintendo 32 GB Console
    35960758.jpeg

Perfect condition, just like new Nintendo Wii U 32GB + 3 GAMES FREE

( Zelda , NintendoLand , Monster High). Bought one year ago for 339.00 euro , used only few times.

Price: € 150

Makes all the Wii U Basic packages look like daylight robbery. Which they are.

sligeach wrote: »
    Keep an eye on adverts, donedeal, gumtree, buyandsell, etc. if you want a bargain. Spotted this on donedeal last night, I enquired about it but unfortunately she said that she sold it this morning. Not surprising, it was an absolute steal:

http://www.donedeal.ie/laptops-for-sale/wii-u-nintendo-32-gb-console/8288593

Makes all the Wii U Basic packages look like daylight robbery. Which they are.
    Warranty would be an advantage.

But I don't get why you think they are a rip off. They average around €220 with three games (€199 with 2) and a wii motion plus controller.

That's a console, a Gamepad, Controller, three games for the price of roughly 4 other console games.

Also, just because things weren't going well for Nintendo last year, and they sold off a load of premium bundles cheap, doesn't mean that they should stay that low.
    There is a pretty decent library now, and you can get a lot of 3rd party games for feck all, so in that instance you wouldn't need the storage, and could save quite a bit. Use that saving to buy a €3 sensor bar and a €40 Portable drive.
    Add the club nintendo points..

You can't really fault it for value at all.

• Advertisement

Wii Fit U Game + Fit Meter + Wii Balance Board is €55 on Amazon.de (~€69 delivered)

It seems to have come down on Amazon UK too, but still works out around €90 delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Allyall wrote: »
    Warranty would be an advantage.

But I don't get why you think they are a rip off. They average around €220 with three games (€199 with 2) and a wii motion plus controller.

That's a console, a Gamepad, Controller, three games for the price of roughly 4 other console games.

Also, just because things weren't going well for Nintendo last year, and they sold off a load of premium bundles cheap, doesn't mean that they should stay that low.
    There is a pretty decent library now, and you can get a lot of 3rd party games for feck all, so in that instance you wouldn't need the storage, and could save quite a bit. Use that saving to buy a €3 sensor bar and a €40 Portable drive.
    Add the club nintendo points..

You can't really fault it for value at all.

Sligeach seems to have a personal vendetta against Wii U basic:pac:

i got my Wii U BASIC ( i never wanna download a game, i have no interest in the stands or discounts), Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World Wii U, Nintendoland, Wii U Party, and a Wii plus remote (inc d gamepad obv) for €250.

Yeahhhh, such a rip off ...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sligeach seems to have a personal vendetta against Wii U basic:pac:

i got my Wii U BASIC ( i never wanna download a game, i have no interest in the stands or discounts), Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World Wii U, Nintendoland, Wii U Party, and a Wii plus remote (inc d gamepad obv) for €250.

Yeahhhh, such a rip off ...............

I have a vendetta against its price. That deal you stated does sound a hell of a lot better than the majority of the other Basic deals out there. Who's selling that? It's not in Ireland? (Edit: Nevermind, it was Amazon)I do always compare back to Currys/PC World selling the Premium Nintendo Land bundle for €150. Or the second Wii U I bought, Zelda Wind Waker bundle with Monster Hunter 3 U for €150 and I think ye are being ripped off. I shouldn't care right about the current deals or lack thereof? It's not like it affects me, it's not my money you're spending. But I do think the Wii U is overpriced and if Nintendo could have launched for €250 it would have helped a huge amount. You seen when the good deals were there like those that were in Currys/PC World and Smyths last year and earlier that people snapped them up.

I'm ashamed to say now, that I am only discovering nintendoland [Multiplayer].. I've had it since I got the Wii U and played it feck all...

I can't see this missing a day from now until the New Year..:)

Damn addictive. Very moreish. :D

I honestly can't believe how much I underestimated it, and can't figure out how I missed it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I have a vendetta against its price. That deal you stated does sound a hell of a lot better than the majority of the other Basic deals out there. Who's selling that? It's not in Ireland? (Edit: Nevermind, it was Amazon)I do always compare back to Currys/PC World selling the Premium Nintendo Land bundle for €150. Or the second Wii U I bought, Zelda Wind Waker bundle with Monster Hunter 3 U for €150 and I think ye are being ripped off. I shouldn't care right about the current deals or lack thereof? It's not like it affects me, it's not my money you're spending. But I do think the Wii U is overpriced and if Nintendo could have launched for €250 it would have helped a huge amount. You seen when the good deals were there like those that were in Currys/PC World and Smyths last year and earlier that people snapped them up.

It's priced fairly reasonably compared to the Xbone & PS4, which are underpowered and have to rely on remakes to shift units.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's priced fairly reasonably compared to the Xbone & PS4, which are underpowered and have to rely on remakes to shift units.

Underpowered compared to what?
    Certainly, as much as I love my WiiU, one of its issues is it's inability to complete with its console based peers in terms of power.

The point about remakes is fair enough but is perhaps not an issue that will plague the two consoles for too much longer, and certainly not a strategy Nintendo have shied away from, Wind Waker HD for example.
    The single biggest deal breaker I have noted with the other two is the tendency for companies to release unfinished games and expecting the customers to endure missing features, poorly optimised code and broken gameplay, not to mention the series of patches and updates to repair these flaws.
    You want to play Drive Club, the new Assassins Creed or the like?
    Hope you aren't too fond of the good old offline days of the PS2 when games were released complete, you'll be sitting, awaiting installation and massive patches on the hopes of playing the game you saw advertised in the first place.
    Nothing I have seen so far on my PS4 has made up for this shoddy practice of releasing unfinished games, while the WiiU, in the main, has resisted this and , while refinements are introduced over the lifetime of the title, games like MK8 are perfectly playable even if they are never hooked into a network anywhere, and that approach by Nintendo should be recognised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Underpowered compared to what?
    Certainly, as much as I love my WiiU, one of its issues is it's inability to complete with its console based peers in terms of power.

The point about remakes is fair enough but is perhaps not an issue that will plague the two consoles for too much longer, and certainly not a strategy Nintendo have shied away from, Wind Waker HD for example.
    The single biggest deal breaker I have noted with the other two is the tendency for companies to release unfinished games and expecting the customers to endure missing features, poorly optimised code and broken gameplay, not to mention the series of patches and updates to repair these flaws.
    You want to play Drive Club, the new Assassins Creed or the like?
    Hope you aren't too fond of the good old offline days of the PS2 when games were released complete, you'll be sitting, awaiting installation and massive patches on the hopes of playing the game you saw advertised in the first place.
    Nothing I have seen so far on my PS4 has made up for this shoddy practice of releasing unfinished games, while the WiiU, in the main, has resisted this and , while refinements are introduced over the lifetime of the title, games like MK8 are perfectly playable even if they are never hooked into a network anywhere, and that approach by Nintendo should be recognised.

A PC

I really agree with ciderman, haven't heard of nintendo being criticised for releasing games that run poorly or need endless patches or big installs and come out unfinished. I want to play mario kart or pokemon or hyrule warriors or bayonetta, I sit down and play, its glorious.

I really agree with ciderman, haven't heard of nintendo being criticised for releasing games that run poorly or need endless patches or big installs and come out unfinished. I want to play mario kart or pokemon or hyrule warriors or bayonetta, I sit down and play, its glorious.

Out of curiousity, was Watch Dogs finished on the Xbox One/PS4?
    I know a couple of patches were released afterwards to fix graphic issues and other things. Was that an error, or unfinished?
    Was that the reason it wasn't released on the Wii U initially?

The framerate really chugs at times, and its just not that good of a game :p And the graphics were significantly down from the original E3 presentation, then it turned out the file (or whatever its called) for the graphics for the E3 presentation were still in the PC version of the game.

• Advertisement

It's a massive point in fairness, saw it raised in a eurogamer article about Captain Toad. Wii U games will be able to be played 40 years from now, straight from the disc. So many next gen games without their patches will essentially be broken if you try to play them in the future. Something needs to be done......people need to make a stand.....or just buy Nintendo who seem to be the only platform who actually finish their games before they sell them.

The fact that you got an amazing offer does not make all these current offers a rip off. The fact is it's a hefty bit of kit, including the gamepad etc. Essentially I got my Wii U with gamepad for €90 which is incredible value. Even some of those Smyths offers are still very good value. Ps4 and Xbone are 400 or thereabouts. To my eyes the Wii U beats the living daylights out of both for games at the moment and to be able to pick it up for 200 or 250 is great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Wow, seriously? A comparison between Wii U and PS4/XB1 that dismisses them as underpowered????!!!!! That is bizarre logic. There are some good reasons to plump for a Wii U over one of the others at the moment - reasons like Bayonetta 2 and Mario 3D World - but power does not come into it, because Wii U is the low powered one.
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    A PC

That doesn't make sense either, since the the comparison is between consoles, and anyhow talking about the power of "a pc" is meaningless (might as well be talking about the length of a piece of string.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »
    A PC

Are we really going there?
    :rolleyes:

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Wow, seriously? A comparison between Wii U and PS4/XB1 that dismisses them as underpowered????!!!!! That is bizarre logic. There are some good reasons to plump for a Wii U over one of the others at the moment - reasons like Bayonetta 2 and Mario 3D World - but power does not come into it, because Wii U is the low powered one.

That doesn't make sense either, since the the comparison is between consoles, and anyhow talking about the power of "a pc" is meaningless (might as well be talking about the length of a piece of string.)

Underpowered compared to the last gen of consoles impact when they were released. The 360 & PS3 actually pushed console gaming forward unlike these new consoles which have done absolutely nothing at all. These next gen consoles are laughably underpowered and struggle to run games at 1080/60fps, something that should be the bare minimum for these a new console in 2014.

My bundle has just been dispatched :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Very irritating that mine was cancelled seeing do many others saying it's been dispatched for them. Hopefully there'll be a good offer after Xmas. I'm in no rush to buy one really but it would have been nice to have over the Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Underpowered compared to the last gen of consoles impact when they were released. The 360 & PS3 actually pushed console gaming forward unlike these new consoles which have done absolutely nothing at all. These next gen consoles are laughably underpowered and struggle to run games at 1080/60fps, something that should be the bare minimum for these a new console in 2014.

Those are design choices made by publishers and developers. You can have stuff running at 1080/60 looking like Last of Us on PS4, and it looks great. Just as the much less powerful Wii U can have Smash at 1080/60.

Anyhow, probably should be talking bargains. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Allyall wrote: »

sold out :( rats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement