Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

RedXIV wrote: »
    sold out :( rats

I was looking this morning at 7am and it was sold out :(

I heard it's bad but surely could not be worse than Sonic Boom.

It was on and swiftly taken off my Xmas list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Judging by demo you all saved 15e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone know the best deal on a 2ds and pokemon alpha sapphire?
    best ive seen so far is in game stop for 150.

i would like the official bundle with the transparent 2ds but if the price was right
    i would make do with a normal one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anyone know the best deal on a 2ds and pokemon alpha sapphire?
    best ive seen so far is in game stop for 150.

i would like the official bundle with the transparent 2ds but if the price was right
    i would make do with a normal one
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-2ds-console-pokemon-alpha-sapphire-blue-skeleton-99-tesco-direct-using-2076166

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

good deals on a wii u? smyths have a white with mario u for 219 might pick that up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Thought you already had one bash?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Watch Dogs 35 euro on amazon atm.

EDIT: Sold out. That was quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My bundle has just arrived :) now to put away until Xmas day.

Thought you already had one bash?
    I did doc stuck for cash during the year and sold it.. the highs and lows of being a student :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

At this point aren't you single-handedly responsible for 46% of all WiiU hardware sales in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    At this point aren't you single-handedly responsible for 46% of all WiiU hardware sales in Ireland?

Yes so you should all bow to me for keeping Nintendo afloat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

My bundle has just arrived :) now to put away until Xmas day.

You should unpack it and install any updates then put it away until Christmas.

abbir wrote: »
    You should unpack it and install any updates then put it away until Christmas.

I have 200mb UPC broadband and will be updating with a wired connection so will just leave it until Xmas morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

will be updating with a wired connection so will just leave it until Xmas morning.
    Do you have the adaptor? The WiiU doesn't have an ethernet connection, TBH as long as no one will care about you staring at the WiiU for ages while just updating (etc) then it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Do you have the adaptor? The WiiU doesn't have an ethernet connection, TBH as long as no one will care about you staring at the WiiU for ages while just updating (etc) then it's not a big deal.

Was it last year that people couldn't update their WiiU or 3ds on Christmas day to nearly new years eve? In that case, I HIGHLY recommend everyone who is waiting till Xmas morning to open their WiiU's to do the update now or you will all be left angry and giving out about how Nintendo should have known about traffic etc etc.

So, don't wait, update now to avoid massive disappointments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendoland is €10.25 on Zavvi - or €9.32 for first time customers using code WELCOME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cheapest I could get zelda was 45 pre owned in symths. Silly gamestop still having it at 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Allyall wrote: »
    Nintendoland is €10.25 on Zavvi - or €9.32 for first time customers using code WELCOME

Excellent, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Will I get hit by customs?

sligeach wrote: »
    Will I get hit by customs?

Far as I know the import and VAT thresholds would not apply - it's worth less than €150 for import, and total cost of shipping, item and packaging is under €22.

• Advertisement

It's a shame there's nothing else there to use the 10% discount on. I have Nintendo Land but I was thinking for collectors purposes to keep a sealed copy. I don't think this is the right game for that though.

Smash Bros for £29.99 on Amazon

Real men order Super Saver on the 16th, with 5 working days to go....

BTW, if you have a significant other who doesn't like to see you fritter away your money on fripperies like Amiibo, look up the price of the bundle with the Mario Amiibo. Then order yourself 2 Amiibos and the solo game, and show them how much value for money you got! And if they're still not happy..... FALCON PUNCH! (which is a fruit drink with a lot of alcohol in it, it might help soothe their frazzled nerves)

White Wii U Basic Console bundled with Super Smash Bros. for £159.99 at GAME.
    Smash Bros for £29.99 on Amazon

Real men order Super Saver on the 16th, with 5 working days to go....

BTW, if you have a significant other who doesn't like to see you fritter away your money on fripperies like Amiibo, look up the price of the bundle with the Mario Amiibo. Then order yourself 2 Amiibos and the solo game, and show them how much value for money you got! And if they're still not happy..... FALCON PUNCH! (which is a fruit drink with a lot of alcohol in it, it might help soothe their frazzled nerves)

http://www.game.co.uk/en/super-smash-bros-206913

Amazon are price matching GAME's deal for the SSBWU game which is only for today so act quickly because I expect it to go back up tomorrow. Amazon is best because of free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Cool. How much is delivery? Will it be over the 22 euro customs limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

My Amazon bundle arrived Monday, thank you tipsy ya legend for the tip!

Only touched the surface of Nintendoland and Mario Kart so far but mightily impressed. Can't wait to get stuck in Mario 3D world.

Jaysus that gamepad ain't light, how do people play mario kart on it!! Which pad do most of you mario kart players play on? I think I'll be using the pro controller which is also takin a lil gettin used to.

Thanks again Tipsy!!!:)

My Amazon bundle arrived Monday, thank you tipsy ya legend for the tip!

Only touched the surface of Nintendoland and Mario Kart so far but mightily impressed. Can't wait to get stuck in Mario 3D world.

Jaysus that gamepad ain't light, how do people play mario kart on it!! Which pad do most of you mario kart players play on? I think I'll be using the pro controller which is also takin a lil gettin used to.

Thanks again Tipsy!!!:)

I received my pro controller today :) I'm still not opening anything until xmas day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I received my pro controller today :) I'm still not opening anything until xmas day though.

I've been saying the same myself, but now I might just set it up, run the updates and put it away again. Got a 3DS last year and couldn't play Pokemon X for a week because of their servers (the first update fixed a bug that effected some game saves). Didn't help that they released pokemon bank at the same time though...

HUKD steal :
    Fire Emblem £18.99

It's no Tesco Blow Out €5er but it's an excellent game and if you don't own it then you need to turn in your 3DS, Badge and home-made StreetPass relay

Smash Bros price is gone.
    Villager is back in stock @ £12.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

HUKD steal :
    Fire Emblem £18.99

It's no Tesco Blow Out €5er but it's an excellent game and if you don't own it then you need to turn in your 3DS, Badge and home-made StreetPass relay

Cheers! Had been wanting Fire Emblem for a long time. Picked it up along with Layton's Miracle Mask for £9, to get the free shipping :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement