Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Cool. How much is delivery? Will it be over the 22 euro customs limit?

They have a shipping calculator button on the side.

They mark down the price on the package, I ordered stuff off them that was well above the limit, they marked it as $10 and I'd no trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

TPD wrote: »
    Cheers! Had been wanting Fire Emblem for a long time. Picked it up along with Layton's Miracle Mask for £9, to get the free shipping :D

god I hate how broke Xmas makes me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Cool. How much is delivery? Will it be over the 22 euro customs limit?

Choose your delivery method. It should be under €22 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I paid £32 for fire emblem off amazon last week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

cloud493 wrote:
    I paid £32 for fire emblem off amazon last week 

I'd chance an email, they might credit you the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mario Golf Balls! 3500 points
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/mario-golf-balls-287
    5287-5492a770aa81c.png

Edit : Just saw the post on HUKD - looks like there's 4 balls in the pack.... if they had Amiibo chips in them, then maybe...
    5287-5492a7904678b.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Picked up cod:ghosts for 15 euro in a "we buy gold" type place beside xtravision in Carlow today. They only had two other WiiU games there but need for speed or assassins creed: black flag for 15 euro anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

smokingman wrote: »
    Picked up cod:ghosts for 15 euro in a "we buy gold" type place beside xtravision in Carlow today. They only had two other WiiU games there but need for speed or assassins creed: black flag for 15 euro anyone?

Do you mean you're looking for or selling Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag? If you're selling I might be interested in both. Are they in good condition and could you post them?

sligeach wrote: »
    Do you mean you're looking for or selling Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag? If you're selling I might be interested in both. Are they in good condition and could you post them?

Those were the two games left in the place when I left. Have them already myself but the ones in the shop were perfect condition. I even found an unused club card points thing in cod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Captain Toad now available in Smyth's for 39.99.

• Advertisement

I don't know/think it will get here before Christmas, but the Mario Kart Premium Bundle Wii U is €246.77 Delivered from Amazon Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,638 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Captain Toad now available in Smyth's for 39.99.

For pre-order I assume?

No the street date has been broken by symths and argos, its for sale now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

For pre-order I assume?

Yeah, like cloud said above, release date brought forward rather than broken.

Finally got Hyrule Warriors but only after finding no stock in argos, smyths and other bricks&mortars. Wanted it bad so ended up paying 50 quid for it in gamsthaaaaaap!

....for a second hand version....

....that came in a display box & a big "coming soon" bit...

....and no instructions or club points....

Don't care though, gonna enjoy this.

Mind you, just as I was looking through the stock there, I noticed they were selling Watch Dogs for 75 euro!!! Seventy five incredible euro!

I hate that crowd so much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Dont know if bargain or not, or even if it is not the best quality you cant go wrong for 8 euro. Wii u/3ds headphones look sher cant be too bad like :pac:

Dont know if bargain or not, or even if it is not the best quality you cant go wrong for 8 euro. Wii u/3ds headphones look sher cant be too bad like :pac:

Thank you.
    I've been looking at getting a pair, and this is my mind made.:)

If you pay in sterling it's €7.26 delivered and no FX exchange rate by amazon.
    Either way, good deal.

Anybody looking for the White Model - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008YA9BUI/

CHRISTMAS DOWNLOADS
    b8G4JXK.jpg?1

Nintendo Download: 25th December (Europe)
    Duck Hunting, Kuru Kuru Kururining and lots more festive fun
    Christmas is nearly upon us. What better way to celebrate than vegetate on the sofa after all the festivities and play some Nintendo games with your loved ones? There are lots of new goodies for you to download on this week, not least a Wii Remote-enabled Duck Hunt on the Wii U Virtual Console. Let's see what Santa has in his bulging bag for us.

Wii U eShop
    Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games, €4.99 / £4.49) - Don't let the comic look fool you. Being a good RGB agent requires a lot of talent. Spy Chameleon is an arcade-puzzle game where the player must avoid being seen thanks to the chameleon's ability to change colours and camouflage. Through 5 missions and 75 levels, the player will discover different enemies and abilities to complete these super-secret missions: taking photos of a celebrity with her lover and stealing the secret formula of a successful soft drink are just two examples. Watch your enemies, choose the best path and run to the next safe point. The duration of each level can mean finishing a game in just minutes or spending hours trying to complete the missions and all the challenges, getting the best time among your friends or completing all the achievements. €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 EnjoyUp loyalty price for users who own 99 Seconds, Abyss, Darts Up, Rock Zombie or Unepic on the same Wii U.

Wii U Virtual Console
    Duck Hunt (Nintendo, €4.99 / £3.49) — This is being listed as a VC release by Nintendo, demonstrating that it'll be the good old Duck Hunt familiar to NES gamers with the exception of Wii Remote pointer controls as opposed to using the NES Zapper. A bit of a cult classic, and the quirky appearance of Duck Hunt Duo in Super Smash Bros. makes its arrival rather timely. We'll get shootin' for a review.
    Kuru Kuru Kururin (Nintendo, €6.99 / £6.29) - Steady your hands and steel your nerves for one of the most challenging puzzle-action games ever created. Kuru Kuru Kururin puts you in control of a rotating helicopter that must be carefully manoeuvred through increasingly tight and tricky labyrinthine levels. Avoid the walls and obstacles, or you’ll lose precious time and lives, as you try to reach the goal. It starts simple but soon you’ll be facing moving pistons, floating spikes and all manner of dangers. We'll let you know what we think in a review, soon.
    Mega Man Zero (Capcom, €6.99 / £6.29) - Awakened after a century of sleep, in a strange war torn world, Zero becomes the hero in the first of his own series of adventures. Mega Man Zero sees the cybernetic warrior join forces with a resistance group battling a strangely familiar foe. This new spin-off series introduced new gameplay elements like mission-based levels, and weapons that level-up as you gain more experience; and also Cyber Elves: small but powerful creatures that grant a wide range of useful abilities. We were fans of this in our Mega Man Zero review.
    Mario Party Advance (Nintendo, €6.99 / £6.29) - Mario and friends bring the party to Game Boy Advance with a dizzying range of activities for single players plus their pals. Mario Party Advance also introduces Professor E. Gadd's Gaddgets: wacky toys and tricks that bring the fun outside of the game. Bowser has crashed the party and scattered all the minigames around Shroom City. Collect them all by completing the single-player game boards. Once unlocked, minigames can be played as often as you like. Earn coins to unlock Gaddgets such as the Compatibility Meter which lets you see how strong your friendships really are! We'll get the party started to bring you a review.

Wii U Retail Downloads
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision, €59.99 / £49.99)
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Activision, €59.99 / £49.99)

3DS eShop
    Brutus & Futée (Microids, €6.99 / £6.29) - Brutus & Futée is an adventure puzzle game in which the player takes on the role of the author of an animated series. Help Brutus and Futée find their way and overcome the obstacles they meet. Draw objects and paint or erase the setting to assist the two heroes. Their journey will take them through a variety of different environments and present them with a host of dangerous situations, from an ancient Inca temple full of mysteries and secrets, to the maze in a production studio governed by a rather jittery Boss. We'll head out on an adventure for our review.
    PUZZLEBOX setup (Bplus, €2.99 / £2.69) - In PUZZLEBOX setup you hold the Nintendo 3DS system upside-down. Use the stylus to select a coloured tile on the Touch Screen which is then on the upper side. If you release the colour the tile falls down in the selected column. Let the matching tiles fall down into the glass bottle on the 3D Screen to copy a painting or to complete a setup. We'll spin right round baby, right round, for our review.
    Best of Mahjong (GameOn, €1.99 / £1.49) - Relax your mind with the ancient game of tiles. "Best of Mahjong" features 404 layouts of the traditional tile-matching game in 3D, each with millions of different shuffles to play. The game's style and interface has been designed for easy and intuitive operation with the Nintendo 3DS stylus or +Control Pad. The graphics can be customised with various tile-sets and backgrounds. We'll try to handle all that Mahjong and let you know what we think.
    Best of Solitaire (GameOn, €2.99 / £2.49) - "Best of Solitaire" features 101 variations of the most well-known and best-loved single-player card game including Klondike, Freecell, Spider, Pyramid, Yukon. Most games have custom gameplay options so you can enjoy the game with your favourite rules. On-screen instructions allow learning of new Solitaire variations. Statistics are available for players who love to track their wins. Save the game status any time for later. The game's style and interface has been designed for easy intuitive operation with the Nintendo 3DS stylus or the +Control Pad. We'll make sure our reviewer stops playing this for free on their PC before starting a review.

3DS Retail Downloads
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)

3DS Demo
    WRC FIA World Rally Championship The Official Game Demo (Bigben Interactive)

3DS HOME Themes
    ? Block (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79) - Celebrate this iconic item with a yellow and black colour scheme, ? Block background, and ? Block folders and icons.
    Bountiful Boos (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79) - This theme stars the bashful Boo and includes ghostly icons, folders, and SFX. Scroll the Touch Screen to animate the lower Boo.
    Completely Goomba (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79) - This theme's ALL about Goombas. It features custom SFX and earthy tones. If you love Goombas, this one's for you.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome to 2015 (Nintendo, €1.99 / £1.79) - Isabelle and Pietro ring in 2015 in this festive theme. Scroll the Touch Screen to see fireworks and party poppers explode.

Special Offers
    Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo, €39.99 / £34.99 until 1st January, normally €59.99 / £49.99)
    Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 1st January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £9.99 until 1st January, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft, €4.99 / £3.99 until 1st January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    Rabbids Land (Ubisoft, €4.99 / £3.99 until 1st January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    Rayman Legends (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99 until 1st January, normally €29.99 / £23.99)
    Sports Connection (Ubisoft, €4.99 / £3.99 until 1st January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £6.49 until 1st January, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    ZombiU (Ubisoft, €9.99 / £7.99 until 1st January, normally €19.99 / £15.99)
    Just Dance 2015 (Ubisoft, €29.99 / £22.49 until 1st January, normally €39.99 / £39.99)
    Watch_Dogs (Ubisoft, €39.99 / £33.49 until 1st January, normally €59.99 / £49.99)
    Cloudberry Kingdom (Ubisoft, €4.89 / £3.89 until 1st January, normally €9.99 / £7.99)
    Child of Light (Ubisoft, €4.89 / £3.89 until 1st January, normally €14.99 / £11.99)
    Knytt Underground (Ripstone Publishing, discount from 25th December)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just went into GS to see if they had Captain Toad.
    At first he didn't know what I was talking about.
    Then he didn't know if he had any stock of it.
    Then told me it was €59.99.
    Smyth's Toys it is so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

60 quid. Jesus, those guys are living on another planet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    60 quid. Jesus, those guys are living on another planet.

Probably but, as said elsewhere and subjected to abuse for it, if you are dumb enough to buy it there, at that price, when Smyth's is probably located within a stones throw and sells it for 20 euro less, you've only yourself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Spotted this and thought it summed up gamestop in Ireland.

Pokemon Omega Ruby, 55 quid

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%203DS/Games/46267/pokemon-omega-ruby

Pokemon Omega Ruby, 30 pounds for the ltd steelcase edition in the english equivalent website

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Nintendo%203DS/Games/46177/pokemon-omega-ruby-steel-case

They must feel they can get away with it due to them being the only major games-focused retailer in Ireland.

Unfortunately the notion of a games only retailer in the Irish market is dead and give, and their vanishing profit margin is proof enough that things really aren't working out for them.
    Too many places to find gaming goodness now, and while I still go into GS for a browse I seldom buy there.
    If its Nintendo, online or CEX have gotten more ofy money in the last 3 years rather than GS.
    New games are almost exclusively bought online now, by me at least.
    That said, with Captain Toad at a cent shy of €40 I'm happy to give Smyth's my cash.
    Oddly, back in the heady days of Gamesworld, Smyth's used to be anxious to match the low prices set in Gamesworld, for new stock as they didn't have preowned at the time.
    The main Smyth's games shop at the time was just off Parnell St in Dublin and we'd get spies in store, writing down the price labels of our stock, no online catalogues back in 97!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ...Then told me it was €59.99.....
    .... and we'd get spies in store, writing down the price labels of our stock, no online catalogues back in 97!
    Maybe the desk jockey recognised you from back in the day and was trying to throw you off the scent? Put on your standard issue Gamesworld fake beard and ask again!

I paid €44 in argos. Decent price for a decent game, happy to pay it.

They've Marth in GS in Clarehall as well.
    I no longer know which thread I should post this in.
    Christmas has me all confused!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Unfortunately the notion of a games only retailer in the Irish market is dead and give, and their vanishing profit margin is proof enough that things really aren't working out for them.
    Too many places to find gaming goodness now, and while I still go into GS for a browse I seldom buy there.
    If its Nintendo, online or CEX have gotten more ofy money in the last 3 years rather than GS.
    New games are almost exclusively bought online now, by me at least.
    That said, with Captain Toad at a cent shy of €40 I'm happy to give Smyth's my cash.
    Oddly, back in the heady days of Gamesworld, Smyth's used to be anxious to match the low prices set in Gamesworld, for new stock as they didn't have preowned at the time.
    The main Smyth's games shop at the time was just off Parnell St in Dublin and we'd get spies in store, writing down the price labels of our stock, no online catalogues back in 97!

Ahh heady daze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone know of any deals on an 8gb wii u or upcoming ones? Hoping to pick one up now in the sales.

Anyone know of any deals on an 8gb wii u or upcoming ones? Hoping to pick one up now in the sales.

I'd say you'll definitely get one in the Sales.
    I'm looking for one for My Cousins Son too.

Black Premium for £189.96 in store - Toys 'R' Us (~€241) (Obviously only good if you know someone near or can get to a store yourself.) There are Three in N.I.

White
    Skylanders Basic Pack, White/Nintendo Wii U Console - £163 (€207)

€189 in Argos with Special Offers Available - Which is the one I'm going to point them towards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Is the only difference between the basic wii u and the premium the hard drive size? (8GB VS 32GB)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement