Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is the only difference between the basic wii u and the premium the hard drive size? (8GB VS 32GB)

The basic version does not have a GamePad charging stand, otherwise it is the same, except for the Flash Drive as you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is the only difference between the basic wii u and the premium the hard drive size? (8GB VS 32GB)

And Game Stand and Wii U sensor bar (Although I did read some people saying that they got the sensor bar with theirs).

Stand can be bought for < €10 (roughly €6)

Also excellent price - Headset or in White as pointed out by
    Thatdoesnt looksafe tome AHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Allyall wrote: »
    And Game Stand and Wii U sensor bar (Although I did read some people saying that they got the sensor bar with theirs).

Yeah mine came with the sensor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Goes through as €227.99 with Smash Bros, good value and great way to spend my 30 pieces of silver.

Goes through as €227.99 with Smash Bros, good value and great way to spend my 30 pieces of silver.

That works out pretty good with Smash Bros coming at €38.

Super Mario Bros U, can be got online for less than €20, so that wouldn't be that good a deal.

• Advertisement

It's that time of year (Or, will be soon....)
    When you promise yourself, to do something about the belly, the booze, the fitness level, or just health in General.
    I may be just kidding myself, and I'm sure I'll find out by the end of January :pac:
    but in the meantime, I won't be damaging my pockets too much.

YourShape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Nintendo Wii U) is £2 and qualifies for Free Super Saver Delivery

£2!!
    Unless they've drastically changed the way to get fit since 2013, This is well worth it, helping me convince myself..
    Or, it'll stare at me from the shelf until it freaks me out too much and it falls into the bin.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Also excellent price - Headset or in White as pointed out by
    Thatdoesnt looksafe tome AHHHHHHH

It's not a great headset but for that price I guess it'd suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Came across this bundle while browsing. Seems pretty decent but I don't know what the shipping cost is

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUHW104-wii-u-basic-console-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-new-super-mario

Came across this bundle while browsing. Seems pretty decent but I don't know what the shipping cost is

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUHW104-wii-u-basic-console-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-new-super-mario

Their shipping times are apparently rotten, and you may get hit by customs as they may be shipped from the Channel Islands.
    I haven't used them, so I can't vouch for that, but it has been mentioned, so may be worth being aware of.

Some more offers.
    Skylanders Basic Pack is £163 (€208)
    Wii U Party Bundle, With Wii U Party, Nintendoland and Wii Motion Controller - £179 (~ €230)

Wii U Premium Zelda Pack - €299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Doesn't ship to Ireland unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I'm confused, why doesn't it ship to Ireland? It's sold by Amazon itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

whats a good price for a Wii U lads?
    really only want it for Legend of zelda..and will it play older Wii games?

Deano7788 wrote: »

That does seem unusual, but you could add €3.95 and have it delivered to Parcel Motel.

EDIT:
    Contacted Amazon Support
    Vijay:I am afraid that we are unable to confirm the exact reason of why this item could not be shipped to your destination. It is updated by our technical team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Deano7788 wrote: »

Yeah it's odd, it's the first time I've seen something sold by Amazon themselves that wouldn't ship here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Argos doing wii u basic pack for 190 euro

Also seen professor layton and the miracle mask for 11 euro for the 3ds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon had infinity 2 for WiiU for £35 and guardians set for £19.99. Also Dollhouse S02 on DVD for 8-something

If you don't update your 3DS much Gamestop in the Crescent , Limerick gas Cubic Ninja for €9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bought a 32gb USB stick in Argos for €15 yesterday, now I have a WiiU Premium:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Eh, no you haven't. You do know USB sticks aren't recommended, right? Also if you'd spent about €40 you could have got a 500GB portable hard drive. 32GB's isn't going to last very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Have a 32G sdhc card with USB adapter for the last year and a bit with no problems or space issues......but you're missing out on that all important game pad stand though! Oh noesss! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Think I might go for the basic pack + super smash bros in Argos. Als might add in game & wario too. Total comes to €250 with the 2 games, think that's an ok price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

sligeach wrote: »
    Eh, no you haven't. You do know USB sticks aren't recommended, right? Also if you'd spent about €40 you could have got a 500GB portable hard drive. 32GB's isn't going to last very long.

Ye and if I spent €60 I could have gotten a 1TB but I only have €15 so I got a 32gb USB stick.

Think I might go for the basic pack + super smash bros in Argos. Als might add in game & wario too. Total comes to €250 with the 2 games, think that's an ok price?

Yeah, and it seems to be a decent price on Game and Wario too. Don't know if it's any good, but I just reserved a copy of it. Last few times I've looked at it online it's been over €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm just after seeing it and it's terrific value: Mass Effect 3 for €12.99.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9128361/Trail/searchtext%3EWII+GAME.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I know its helpful and all posting about console bargains but wouldn't you assume that most people on the Nintendo game bargain thread already have a Nintendo console, nearly everyday I am reading about the console is this much here and that much there. And very little to no talk about game prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well nintendo games don't drop in price often :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

boiledeggs wrote: »
    I know its helpful and all posting about console bargains but wouldn't you assume that most people on the Nintendo game bargain thread already have a Nintendo console, nearly everyday I am reading about the console is this much here and that much there. And very little to no talk about game prices

I've a 3ds but not a wiiu, so I like to see good deals on that showing up here. And if a nicely priced limted edition 3ds popped up id be thankful also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

boiledeggs wrote: »

In fairness I regularly viewed this thread in the run up to buying my Wii U to make sure I didn't miss a bargain and to get a view as to where the best value was.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Yep, this ^^^. This thread was instrumental in my eventually taking the plunge for my WiiU. I have no problem with folks now posting alerts for consoles for other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 LuftWaffle

Does anyone know where I can get Wind Waker HD cheap?
    Cant find it below €50 anywhere.
    Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement