Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why would someone have an issue with the Bargain Alert thread?
    If you don't think it's relevant to you, don't read it.
    I've caught and informed others about various good deals around and about, as mentioned, Ninty games tend to be relatively homogenous in price, when a cheap one pops up it's nice to know the gang here are likely to post about it first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

LuftWaffle wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get Wind Waker HD cheap?
    Cant find it below €50 anywhere.
    Cheers.

45 pre owned in symths or 38 in cex, if you can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nintendoland for 6Gbp (7.64Euro) + 3.83 euro delivery No tracking option

Newsuper mario Bros U for 13.85GBp (17.65Euro) + 3.83 delivery no tracking option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Maybe pay in sterling to get it wee bit cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

10% off everything until midnight tonight on thegamecollection using code BETTERTHANSOCKS

http://www.thegamecollection.net/wii-u.html
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/3ds.html

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Batman: Arkham Origins Wii U

http://www.thegamecollection.net/batman-arkham-origins-wii-u.html?tduid=8c15a2c312d34ce562184ac686ae4a91

£6.95 +£2 delivery. Around €11.50 delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »

http://www.thegamecollection.net/batman-arkham-origins-wii-u.html?tduid=8c15a2c312d34ce562184ac686ae4a91

I seen that yesterday. Can't make up my mind whether to buy it or not. I hear it's not very good and of course being a 3rd party port is missing content. I still haven't madex a start on Arkham City Armoured Edition as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was looking at it too but, seeing as the only one I completed was Asylum and I'm still promising myself to her back to City.
    Not to mention, in the interview with Rocksteady in Edge this month, the new Arkham Knight game is repeatedly described as an end to the trilogy, suggesting the series originators don't have a high regard for the Origins title either.
    Reckon it's safe to skip it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://www.shop4ie.com

How long have they been "maintenance" ing?
    it was well before Christmas, the uk version of their site hasn't been down an hour.

So strange.
    365games.co.uk is the uk version btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

arkham origins is better than city for me

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm in the middle of origins on Wii U after completing the other 2, it's about on par, maybe slightly behind city at worst, it's grand basically.

Ah, fuke it anyway. The deals over, it's gone back up to £10. And just when I'd made my mind up. It's not like we'll be getting any more Batman games or any more 3rd party games for that matter.

sligeach wrote: »
    Ah, fuke it anyway. The deals over, it's gone back up to £10. And just when I'd made my mind up. It's not like we'll be getting any more Batman games or any more 3rd party games for that matter.

A lot of games have crept back up a few euro over the last couple of days. I wonder/hope, it is so that they can reduce them for the January sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Allyall wrote: »
    A lot of games have crept back up a few euro over the last couple of days. I wonder/hope, it is so that they can reduce them for the January sales.
    Same thing happened last year, games ended up being cheaper before Xmas than in the "so called" January sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I know this is a little off topic but what is Argos's policy when an item is out of stock in a store but is plentiful elsewhere? Cab I order it and wait for it to arrive or have it delivered? Or do they just say no and I travel to the other stores?

Edit: nevermind, that sold out fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Corholio wrote: »

This deal is back on now.

Wii U for £139 (€177) using Code TDX-YGPK on a new account delivered to Parcel Motel from Tesco.

White Nintendo 3DS Xl with Super Mario 3D Land - £129 (€165) also using Code TDX-YGPK on a new account delivered to Parcel Motel.

Captain Toad £28 (~€36) on Amazon

Nintendoland £4.85 (~€6.20) + shipping from Shopto

Lego Marvel Super Heroes £19.99 (~€25.50) on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

I see the Mario Kart Wii U Bundle is £209.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/mario-kart-wii-u-console-bundle/117-7839.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=117-7839

Is it worth paying an extra £60 for Mario kart and 24GB Extra of storage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Mario Kart on its own is still a €50+ game, isn't it?

• Advertisement

K3v wrote: »
    I see the Mario Kart Wii U Bundle is £209.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/mario-kart-wii-u-console-bundle/117-7839.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=117-7839

Is it worth paying an extra £60 for Mario kart and 24GB Extra of storage?

Still using the same code above it drops to £199 (~ €255)

Excellent price but that's roughly €80 more..
    You can get Mario Kart for £34 (€44) on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mario Kart on its own is still a €50+ game, isn't it?

Yup, and always will be since mostly all Nintendo games never reduce in price (except for small games).

There's plenty of 1st party games for half price or better. Depends where you look. Nintendo Land is €10 new delivered. I was following this ad on Ebay that just ended.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Super-Mario-Bros-Nintendo-wii-u-/161537399059?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item259c611913

It's cheaper new here, buy it in Sterling and it's €22 including postage:

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii-U/4-/31372391/New-Super-Mario-Bros-U/Product.html?

CEX have the double pack of this and New Luigi U for €32.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496332174

You can always get better bargains if you're willing to buy secondhand.

anywhere still selling aus new 3ds consoles?
    getting impatient.

Wait for the Direct broadcast, might be better to wait if it's only going to be 8 weeks or so until the new machines are released.
    I'm doomed to buy the two new variants, to add to the collection.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not exactly a game bargain but I'd gladly pay a tenner for this :D

10382665_10153924973992524_3590740670368611879_n.jpg?oh=2c52d61048726783a8b81aa5885eff38&oe=5521CC43&__gda__=1429530902_e49593b72b53d392a956e6a8a5100c2f

T-shirt of the day on Qwertee

How long do people find for delivery with ShopTo.net? I ordered a game from them before Christmas, it was dispatched on 29/30 December but it's not arrived yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Not exactly a game bargain but I'd gladly pay a tenner for this :D

T-shirt of the day on Qwertee

That's class just ordered the Fireflower bomber!
    tumblr_nhq772aD2F1rpl2ylo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

/\/ollog wrote: »
    anywhere still selling aus new 3ds consoles?
    getting impatient.

Got an email from Nintendo today with an early purchase link. £179.99 (euro link didn't work) (DS on its own retails at £155.99)

Would you like to get your hands on New Nintendo 3DS before the European launch?

Dear Nintendo fan,

We'd like to thank you, one of our most loyal customers, for all your support. To show our appreciation, we're offering you the chance to purchase New Nintendo 3DS now, and get it before the official European launch!

New Nintendo 3DS will be coming to Europe in 2015, bringing new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new handheld gaming experience! And with this offer, you can be one of the first players in Europe to own the new system!

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you'd like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.

Here’s what’s in the special bundle:

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
    The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front).
    Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back).
    Charging cradle (White).

• Advertisement

wtlltw wrote: »
    Got an email from Nintendo today with an early purchase link. £179.99 (euro link didn't work) (DS on its own retails at £155.99)

Would you like to get your hands on New Nintendo 3DS before the European launch?

Dear Nintendo fan,

We'd like to thank you, one of our most loyal customers, for all your support. To show our appreciation, we're offering you the chance to purchase New Nintendo 3DS now, and get it before the official European launch!

New Nintendo 3DS will be coming to Europe in 2015, bringing new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new handheld gaming experience! And with this offer, you can be one of the first players in Europe to own the new system!

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you'd like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.

Here’s what’s in the special bundle:

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
    The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front).
    Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back).
    Charging cradle (White).

If you're offering...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement