Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

HUKD had a listing for Amiibo on Grainger Games
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=15&k=amiibo
    Basically, it's £10.99 per Amiibo + £6 delivery to Ireland per 2 items. (Or free to the UK, but will they ship them to Parcel Motel in single boxes or one big shipment?)
    Or 2 Amiibo for €35.82
    Which is terrible. Until you look at how much Captain Falcon costs on eBay, and then it's not so bad.
    They DON'T have Villager, WFT or Marth. But the Cap'n, Pitt, Zelda and Diddy are in there if that's any use to anyone.

Edit :
    you know who *does* have the Villager?
    ARgos in the Ilac Centre.

Otherwise it's Tralee, Carlow, Portlaoise and the Childers Rd Limerick one as per normal for any of the interesting ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Banjo wrote: »
    HUKD had a listing for Amiibo on Grainger Games
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=15&k=amiibo
    Basically, it's £10.99 per Amiibo + £6 delivery to Ireland per 2 items. (Or free to the UK, but will they ship them to Parcel Motel in single boxes or one big shipment?)
    Or 2 Amiibo for €35.82
    Which is terrible. Until you look at how much Captain Falcon costs on eBay, and then it's not so bad.
    They DON'T have Villager, WFT or Marth. But the Cap'n, Pitt, Zelda and Diddy are in there if that's any use to anyone.

Edit :
    you know who *does* have the Villager?
    ARgos in the Ilac Centre.

Otherwise it's Tralee, Carlow, Portlaoise and the Childers Rd Limerick one as per normal for any of the interesting ones

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of amiibos?

I don't even really understand what they do, are they just an expensive way of unlocking extra game characters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I don't even really understand what they do, are they just an expensive way of unlocking extra game characters?

An extra feature for Smash Bros. for the most part. It starts off at level 1 and you level it up by fighting with/against it. In the end you have a next to unbeatable Amiibo opponent in Smash (a fully levelled up Link almost won a Smash Bros tournament when the game released). Some of them unlock Mii racing suits in Mario Kart 8 and you can scan them in to Hyrule Warriors daily for free gifts (weapons and the likes). They look pretty nice on a shelf too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Yeah I just don't like figures and clutter. I mean I changed my preorder of dark souls 2 from the CE edition to the Black armour because I didn't want the figure that would sit in the attic or out of view.

Amiibos seem like a cool idea, a little like skylanders and the like but they don't interest me in the slightest. Once they remain collectors items and purely a bonus not an essential then I'm happy enough to let others pay silly money for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

An extra feature for Smash Bros. for the most part. It starts off at level 1 and you level it up by fighting with/against it. In the end you have a next to unbeatable Amiibo opponent in Smash (a fully levelled up Link almost won a Smash Bros tournament when the game released). Some of them unlock Mii racing suits in Mario Kart 8 and you can scan them in to Hyrule Warriors daily for free gifts (weapons and the likes). They look pretty nice on a shelf too.

So does this mean you're missing out on some content if you don't buy 32 little figures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    So does this mean you're missing out on some content if you don't buy 32 little figures?

Not necessarily. If you don't use Mii in MK8, then you'll never be bothered by the race suits, and only a small number actually unlock the race suits in MK8. They don't unlock anything in Smash as far as I'm aware, you just level them up to have a more difficult opponent or a better team mate. Link unlocks the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors, and all other Amiibos will give you a random gift (which would probably be unlockable through regular play. I couldn't answer that though, I've never played it).

I certainly wouldn't be buying all of them myself. I got Samus as a Christmas present and bought Pikachu myself. Unless they release Charizard (or maybe Bayonetta down the line, who knows) that's me done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Add €3 to ship each item, or hopefully group two or more together and send them to Parcel Motel for €3.95 shipping altogether (Can anyone confirm that they don't ship seperately?) @ TheGameCollection

Watch Dogs Special Edition (Additional unlockable content - "Breakthrough Pack") - €25
    Bayonetta 2 - €25
    Disney Planes - €9 (Not sure if that's the same price everywhere)
    Batman Arkham Origins - €9
    Disney Epic Mickey 2 - €7.65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Thats a great deal for watchdogs! Very decent game if you like open sandbox worlds, worth picking up if ya cant get it on another platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote: »
    Add €3 to ship each item, or hopefully group two or more together and send them to Parcel Motel for €3.95 shipping altogether (Can anyone confirm that they don't ship seperately?) @ TheGameCollection

Watch Dogs Special Edition (Additional unlockable content - "Breakthrough Pack") - €25
    Bayonetta 2 - €25
    Disney Planes - €9 (Not sure if that's the same price everywhere)
    Batman Arkham Origins - €9
    Disney Epic Mickey 2 - €7.65

I tried twice to get a few games sent to Parcel Motel before xmas and both times they cancelled the order for security reasons. They confirmed they would group them together before I ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bayonetta 2 gone already? Would have been great present.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Bayonetta 2 gone already? Would have been great present.

its showing up as in stock for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

For anyone late to the Shovel knight party like myself its currently on sale on the E Shop at €9.99.

I picked it. God only knows when I'll get time to play it but I couldnt say no at a tenner.

And my Wii U backlog continues to grow. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

For anyone late to the Shovel knight party like myself its currently on sale on the E Shop at €9.99.

I picked it. God only knows when I'll get time to play it but I couldnt say no at a tenner.

And my Wii U backlog continues to grow. :o

you picked Shovel Knight? :D I dig it man.

Think I'll get it too despite not being able to shift a steam key for it that I bought before hearing it was coming to wii u.

Oh and if Armillo is still on sale for €3 it's well worth it for a few hours playtime, I found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yep, expensive, physical DLC.

Shovel Knight got into a top ten list of games this year :eek:. It seems to get an honourable mention on a few lists.
    I haven't got it yet, was going to this week, I probably will tonight.
    Also coming tomorrow Cubemen 2 €4.99 :). I've wanted to get this for a while. Hope I haven't built it up too much.

Tomorrows (8th January) Downloads

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on 3DS for 7 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on 3DS for 7 euro

Out of stock everywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

cloud493 wrote: »

1 in castlebar

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cloud493 wrote: »

I must have got the last one yesterday so, I saw it by chance in St Stephens Green. Sorry :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Picked up a Wii Nunchuk for €5 yesterday in Tesco Nutgrove. They had these random bargain bins down one isle. I'm pretty sure it was the last one though as I had a good route. However it's possible that other Tesco's are doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

bkrangle wrote: »
    Great deal but only one in stock nationwide in Tullamore

Whoops sorry about that, should have checked the stock levels first, i seen it online and posted it straight away without looking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's some crazy stuff with the stock in Argos.
    Pokemon Dungeon has been out of stock for ages, despite the listing being periodically refreshed and even given price changes, despite them not having any!
    I was looking for a Pebble Watch myself and of all the models they have listed only two were in stock, on opposite sides of the state and, even then, just the one.

3DS Ice White or Coral Pink £80.97 (~€104) Delivered on Amazon

Wii U Console: 8GB Basic Pack - White - €174.14 from Zavvi using code ABM
    Zavvi is in the channel islands and you may have to pay Duty and handling if it is over €23.

Skylanders Swap Force Wii U - €23.39 Zavvi (I don't know if that's any good, but seems to be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Turtlebeach headset for Wii U up to order for next week in Argos for €9

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=627782

:( Might be hit and miss on this one there are some available to order in Blanch West End, could end up the same as Xenoblade a while back where reservations were up but were never delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=627782

:( Might be hit and miss on this one there are some available to order in Blanch West End, could end up the same as Xenoblade a while back where reservations were up but were never delivered.

These aren't very good, sure the price is fine but the quality isn't. The only Turtle Beach headset worth getting is this one:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/nintendo-headsets/ear-force-n11/35

But again that doesn't set the world alight either. It's good but it's not brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

I have one of those, they're pretty good and brilliant for that price!

• Advertisement

I just spotted this on HUKD

20" Massive Mario for €29.99 in Smyths
    Slightly cheaper delivered to Parcel Motel on Ebay - LINK (May deliver to Ireland if asked)
    JlIVaPW.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement