Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Allyall wrote: »
    I just spotted this on HUKD

20" Massive Mario for €29.99 in Smyths
    Slightly cheaper delivered to Parcel Motel on Ebay - LINK (May deliver to Ireland if asked)

That's a good price in Smyths. Just to point out, the ebay one isn't the same, it's about half the size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Good sale coming up on eshop on Thursday

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/nintendo_download_15th_january_europe

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for €9.99, have wanted it for a while. Anyone played it? worth the 10 with all the Nintendo costumes?

EDIT: Teslagrad is on sale for €5.99 too but I see it's coming to disc also

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00OZAR14Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1421061858&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

I was gonna buy it on disc, but frack that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have TTT2, got it for €15 in HMV a while ago. Have played it twice. If you like fighting games, it seems to be quite a good one, with lots of shiny characters, a ridiculous plot and billions of moves and combos to learn. There seemed to be a deep system of counters and breakers and all sorts of **** I don't understand. I'm very much a mash-button-smash-face player. But it seemed like a good game.

Having said that, depending on your own backlog it may be competing with Injustice and Smash Bros for your punchy-kicky affections.

Now, I'm not a great judge of fighting games, but I have no emotional ties to any characters in the Tekken series. There is a boat load of characters available right off the bat, all with little bios to differentiate them but I couldn't tell one from another. It's bewildering and there's no clear "face" character that you instinctively know is a good one to start with - ie Ken/Ryu, Mario, Batman, Scorpion, the baton twirling girl off Soul Calibur. Well she seemed like a good bet to me.

There is plenty to do though, including earning clothes for playing dress up and a vast tutorial mode that has you slowly building a Combat Bot up from nothing into a finely tuned people-crushing martial arts beast. For that money if you have a fist shaped hole in your gaming life it's definitely worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hmm, maybe I should knock up to hmv before Thursday and see if there is a copy.

Thanks for all that info, sounds good to me. I do have smash but it's on the 'must get to' list, much like TTT2 will also be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You won't find anything decent in HMV, I was in there last week. The best thing they've on sale is Black Ops II for €20. All the other game prices are a rip-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wii U stuff in shops is pretty awful in general, actually (apart from Gamestop, Argos and Smyths).

In HMV/Xtravision, you'd be lucky to see more than 6 different games, and you'd be even luckier if more than 2 of those were worth getting.

Even the selection in CEX is pretty miserable - I was in there in Limerick on Saturday, and they had 5 Wii U games. They had multiple shelves full of PS2 games (yes, that's a 2) - shameful.

I liked Unepic on the PC, but stopped because I had to play it with a keyboard. Might grab it on the Wii U - looks like a better version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Yeah its very annoying that there's very few bricks and mortar shops where you can go in and buy a game or a console , its a shame really because the wii u is a really innovative idea with the gamepad being able to host the gameplay by itself, i really enjoy playing eshop games on it, it almost like another little console by itself, in about 10 or 15 years time i think people are gonna look back and see what an underappricated console it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

The two CEX shops in the City Centre had a decent selection of Wii U games a few weeks ago, but they were cleared out over Christmas. The prices weren't great either. Even ME3 and FIFA 13 that are either €9.99 each in argos or bundled free with a console bundle were around €20 each used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

surprised to see a Wii u running SM3DW in Liffey valley Argos the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Metroid trilogy coming to wii u store this month this game for the physical copy sells for like 50e-100e on adverts which is hard to come by so nice alternative for people who want it but cant pay the price people are looking for it.
    For the 1st week its out it will be about 9.99 and 19.99 after that.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/super-mario-galaxy-2-metroid-prime-trilogy-coming-to-wii-u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

johnf26 wrote: »
    Metroid trilogy coming to wii u store this month this game for the physical copy sells for like 50e-100e on adverts

What? really?
    I got mine in tesco the time they were getting rid of the wii stock for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

/\/ollog wrote: »
    What? really?
    I got mine in tesco the time they were getting rid of the wii stock for €15

so did a few other people...they actually went down to 5e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Yep, then they were reduced to €5, snapped up by scalpers and put straight on to ebay for €90. Never found one in tesco myself. All I managed to pick up was Rock Band: The Beatles for €1. None of the Tesco shops near me stock games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

johnf26 wrote: »
    Metroid trilogy coming to wii u store this month this game for the physical copy sells for like 50e-100e on adverts which is hard to come by so nice alternative for people who want it but cant pay the price people are looking for it.
    For the 1st week its out it will be about 9.99 and 19.99 after that.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/super-mario-galaxy-2-metroid-prime-trilogy-coming-to-wii-u

Damn more backlog!

I'm ashamed to say I've not played more than 5 mins of any metroid game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

was the €5 one back when they had fire emblem and paper mario on the 3ds for a fiver too?
    I missed out on all those ones :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You just mean the Prime games and not Super Metroid (or the GBA titles) I hope? :eek:

Defo give the first Prime a decent play, it's a brilliant game, especially since it managed to convert the Metroid universe into first person so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You just mean the Prime games and not Super Metroid (or the GBA titles) I hope? :eek:

Next game on my wanted list is a new 2D Metroid sidescroller.

Samus Aran is the original Lara Croft

Defo give the first Prime a decent play, it's a brilliant game, especially since it managed to convert the Metroid universe into first person so well.

I know I know it's terrible. I spent a LOT of my youth playing the likes of football and wrestling games so just missed out on certain games/franchises.

What makes it worse is when I look at the 120hours I've logged in Destiny so far.

Maybe should have put a few of those into other games. C'est la vie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I know I know it's terrible. I spent a LOT of my youth playing the likes of football and wrestling games so just missed out on certain games/franchises.

What makes it worse is when I look at the 120hours I've logged in Destiny so far.

Maybe should have put a few of those into other games. C'est la vie

Well if you say it was Microprose Soccer, Sensi or ISS then I'll forgive ya! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It was prob Super Kick Off on the snes via a super gameboy player.

• Advertisement

A lot of ISS. Played one of the N64 ones recently. they didn't age well, very nostalgic though.

God I haven't heard microprose in a long time. Sensi was always good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ISSD! International Superstar Soccer DELUXE!!! What a game. I remember it so well for the SNES. Corner kick! He shoots! The jersey editor was good fun too. Also, depending on the pitch in certain areas, shots were unstoppable. The famous KONAMI cheat code too.

As a Nintendo only owner, I block out how deprived we are of late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn more backlog!

Make it your business to play at least the first one, they did a fantastic job of porting it to the Wii, well worth your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Damn more backlog!

There should be some sort of rule that unless you've played through Super Metroid then you can't post on this forum.

There are few games that don't feel like they've aged, that play as well now as they did back then. Super Metroid is one

it was 10c or 30c or something on the Wii U when the VC launched. There is no excuse. I have no choice but to sentence you to death. EXECUTE HIM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'm not saying super metroid has aged but....
    I found metroid fusion and zero mission to be a lot more playable when I went back to them recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Super metroid has aged. Not to make it bad, not at all, but playing it after fusion and zero mission like I did shows its technical flaws, shall we say.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

cloud493 wrote: »
    Super metroid has aged. Not to make it bad, not at all, but playing it after fusion and zero mission like I did shows its technical flaws, shall we say.

I only played it for the first time recently and thought it held up really well. I find it difficult to go back and play older games but that one didn't bother me so much.
    The way they use the alien life to teach you techniques was really cool.

Arkham Origins down to £8.93 on Amazon.
    Pokeymans White 2 down to £24.00 but if you're not fussy about your Gen 5 fix remember Argos have Black (1) for around a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone know if any of the shops have decent bundle deals on a 32GB Wii U?

Smyths are generally good, but haven't had a chance to get to one to check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement