Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Prof Layton and the Miracle Mask for €7.35 for zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/games-3ds/professor-layton-and-the-miracle-mask-3ds/10300598.html?autocomplete=productsuggestion

Tempted myself but I have too many games to play at present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So, no, Metroid Prime Trilogy is Wiimotes only.

still a bloody great game(s) despite the Wii controls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I prefer the Wii controls really. After playing it for period of time couldn't imagine playing it with other controls now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sweetie wrote: »

The Trilogy is one of the rare beasts that integrates the wavy pointy wiimote stuff into the original GameCube gameplay really really well.
    I'd love to have seen proper twin analogue stick controls but, accepting that's not going to happen, the controls in the Metroid Prime series is spot on.
    The second one is rock hard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Argos have LoZ : Link Between Worlds for €32.99 which, while not amazing, is still pretty good. Amazon price is around €40-45 depending on exchange rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shin Megami Tensei IV will be €12.99 on 3DS store for a week from Thursday onwards, still need to get it myself. Spotted on hotukdeals.com.

Kirby for 3DS is €29.99 in Argos at the moment, lots of stock about too.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2813570

Shin Megami Tensei IV will be €12.99 on 3DS store for a week from Thursday onwards, still need to get it myself. Spotted on hotukdeals.com.

Say you had SMT Devil Survivor and Persona Q in your backlog already, how worthwhile a purchase is SMTiv? Like what I've seen but not sure if it gives me something unique

Banjo wrote: »
    Say you had SMT Devil Survivor and Persona Q in your backlog already, how worthwhile a purchase is SMTiv? Like what I've seen but not sure if it gives me something unique

Haven't played my copy of Devil Survivor yet and didn't get Persona Q myself yet, SMT IV is a download only game the full price is €19.99 I believe this is the first time since its release it has come down in price, if you can afford it its worth getting now just to have it I suppose it seems judging by most previews I have seen on it to cater to fans of the genre.

The usual feel of should I go this way or do this first and if I do how will it effect the game later on, I'm buying it myself on Thursday but it will be a couple of weeks before I play it as I'm getting Suikoden 1 and 2 for my Vita on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Personally, I thought Metroid 3 on the Wii was a lot easier to control than the Gamecube predecessors which use more unconventional FPS controls. Motion was often a bit of a chore but using the remote for pointing was generally better than the old two-analogue sticks option imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

€19.99 (€20.49 after tax) + Shipping (€7.76) from France. Currently out of stock, but they will get more in. They're mentioning one per customer, which would be great. - €28.25 delivered.
    I saw them earlier, but unfortunately had no way of signing in to boards to share.

41BqNgA5IML._SX385_.jpg

HUKD have some ebay crowd flogging download codes :
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-super-mario-bros-2-special-edition-nintendo-2ds-3ds-full-digital-game-15-95-2124583

New Super Mario Bros 2 - £15.95
    Kirby Triple Deluxe - £22.50
    Zelda A Link Between Worlds - £22.50
    Mario Party 3D Island Tour - £22.50

Can't guarantee that these codes will work on the Irish / Euro eShop, but I've bought codes off Game.co.uk for both the 3DS and Wii U before that were fine, and the codes issued by Club Nintendo for various promotions are coming from a generic UK / Ireland service, so they should be grand.

Also, there's listings for Base.com selling CoD Ghosts and Mass Effect cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Although that is a good price for call of duty, I can't recommend that game to anyone, its bloody terrible.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Although that is a good price for call of duty, I can't recommend that game to anyone, its bloody terrible.

Well it's too late because I bought it. I know it's not meant to be great, Black Ops II is meant to be better. I still play it online now and again. The huge problem with these games on Wii U is that there's nobody online. Anyway, I think I'll keep this game sealed for collection purposes. Feck it, I already regret it thinking about it. This isn't going to be worth money in a few years time, is it? Stupid impulse buy and I am normally more careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Doubt it, the PS3 version is pennies these days. And it really isn't much good :p

its not that bad, I got it cheap on the xbone and entertained me for a couple of nights. mp is supposed to be cat though

CEX give 15 cash 20 credit for ghosts Sligeach

CEX give 15 cash 20 credit for ghosts Sligeach

Ya, I checked that out earlier so if worst comes to the worst. I suppose I might try it out first. I only ever buy these for the multiplayer and it's reportedly worse. Plus it sold less than Blops II so there'll be less people playing online. I'll have a think about it over the weekend. Doubt it'll get here by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Mario Party 10 on Wii U

€36 to pre order from Zavvi, code expires midnight tonight

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/mario-party-10/10977743.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

bkrangle wrote: »
    Mario Party 10 on Wii U

€36 to pre order from Zavvi, code expires midnight tonight

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/mario-party-10/10977743.html

Is that online multiplayer? That be great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

No, it's Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

The thought of online Mario Party makes the baby Mario cry.

AmazonWatch!
    LoZ Link Between Worlds is out of stock but £24.99 on Amazon
    If you're a Rayman fan, the 3DS triple pack (Rayman Origins and 2 Rabbids games I think) is back down to £15.99 which seems to be it's natural home. Costs about the same as any of the games individually

There's a Fulfilled by Amazon (UK only) option for Wonderful 101 that's £28ish but you'd need to use Parcel Motel. Would still work out cheaper than the Amazon price.

HUKDWatch!
    Not much actually, unless you can get to a Sainsbo's that stocks WindWaker HD or Lego City Undercover. Sprucefield didn't last time I was up there, but I never swing by Newry anymore...
    There's a Rakuten code that'll get you WindWaker HD for £32.85 but that's assuming delivery to ireland is both possible and not extortionate.
    Oh, and if like me you've ever wondered if UK eShop cards can be redeemed on the EU site, but unlike me you have money to gamble with, you can get discount £ eShop cards from Giftcloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh, and if like me you've ever wondered if UK eShop cards can be redeemed on the EU site, but unlike me you have money to gamble with, you can get discount £ eShop cards from Giftcloud.

UK codes work, but switching currency to sterling wipes any euro balance, and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

HUKDWatch!
    Not much actually, unless you can get to a Sainsbo's that stocks WindWaker HD or Lego City Undercover. Sprucefield didn't last time I was up there, but I never swing by Newry anymore...

I'm actually headin over the england this weekend. Is that LEGO game any good? I'll be keeping an eye out for any good deals.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm actually headin over the england this weekend. Is that LEGO game any good? I'll be keeping an eye out for any good deals.

I want that game too. Have heard it's excellent.

• Advertisement

It's the same as EVERY lego game. Run around smashing the crap out of everything you can see to collect bricks. It has a kind of benign GTA vibe to it as you run around commandeering vehicles and searching for side-quests, and it can be very funny. If you like the Lego series it's definitely one of the better ones.
    That said, no Off-TV play, which is a killer for me, and the load times are god-awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement