Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Star Lord wrote: »
    UK codes work, but switching currency to sterling wipes any euro balance, and vice versa.

So if you enter a £15 eshop code, your balance will be £15, and any € you had on your account would be emptied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm actually headin over the england this weekend. Is that LEGO game any good? I'll be keeping an eye out for any good deals.
    Allyall wrote: »
    I want that game too. Have heard it's excellent.

The llllllllloooooooooaaaaaaaaadddddddddiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg times are the worst I've seen in a video game, EVER. To anybody thinking of buying it you really have no idea how bad they are. It's nearly 2 minutes from start-up until you actually start playing and there's numerous loading screens throughout the game where it takes a minute to finish. It does start to grate after a while. That said it's a very good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

sligeach wrote: »
    The llllllllloooooooooaaaaaaaaadddddddddiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg times are the worst I've seen in a video game, EVER. To anybody thinking of buying it you really have no idea how bad they are. It's nearly 2 minutes from start-up until you actually start playing and there's numerous loading screens throughout the game where it takes a minute to finish. It does start to grate after a while. That said it's a very good game.

The 3DS ones are the same. It's frustrating, especially if it's a "Oh I'll just play for a small time".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Hey,

If I buy this digital download in US dollars will it work on an Irish 2ds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

wrt40 wrote: »
    Hey,

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

/\/ollog wrote: »
    So if you enter a £15 eshop code, your balance will be £15, and any € you had on your account would be emptied?

That's it exactly. Similarly if you don't use the whole £15 and go to change back to € to put more money on it, then you'll lose whatever is left on the sterling balance. Guess it's probably to discourage people from hopping from one currency to another, and so that they don't need to actively convert their balance from one currency to another, possibly letting people gain money in the process. So people lose money instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Star Lord wrote:
    That's it exactly. Similarly if you don't use the whole £15 and go to change back to € to put more money on it, then you'll lose whatever is left on the sterling balance. Guess it's probably to discourage people from hopping from one currency to another, and so that they don't need to actively convert their balance from one currency to another, possibly letting people gain money in the process. So people lose money instead.

but seeing as you don't have to have credit on your account and pay as you go, then its kind of a moot point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Splinter Cell Blacklist for €9.99 in Xtravision. To buy or not to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Picked up a digital code for New Super Mario Bros 2 for £15.95, through the eBay dealer that Banjo highlighted earlier (cheers, Banjo!).

Just want to confirm that I had no issues using the code on the eShop.

(I did have to create a UK address for my eBay profile before being allowed to purchase the code: the seller doesn't offer "postage" of the item to Ireland. Nothing physical is delivered, of course; I guess the seller is just being overly cautious.)

...Can't quote Banjo's post with the link, because, er, it has a link, but check it out back on page 169 of this thread — the dealer is also offering A Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Mario Party 3DS for £22.50 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wrt40 wrote: »
    Hey,

This will - German Seller use code BILLIGER3EURO to get €3 off

Special edition

Some codes have taken 2 and a half hours to arrive via email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Looking to build my wii u library up again startingbwith.mario and ZELDA games.. Any bargains out there?

CastorTroy wrote: »

Buy.

Looking to build my wii u library up again startingbwith.mario and ZELDA games.. Any bargains out there?

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/thegamecollection/product/10567/

Bought a copy earler for more. So I've bought this as well and am going to trade in my second copy when it arrives...... Jebus f#$%ing Christmas....This is what happens when you drink and order too much. Mixed this up with Call Of Duty: Ghosts. Couldn't tell you why. More money lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

CastorTroy wrote: »

Buy it. Couldn't stand stealth'em'ups til I played that but kinda enjoyed it after three levels. Graphics are nice and reminded me of an old n64 game I'll need to find the name of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

smokingman wrote: »
    Buy it. Couldn't stand stealth'em'ups til I played that but kinda enjoyed it after three levels. Graphics are nice and reminded me of an old n64 game I'll need to find the name of.

Yeah was trying to decide whether to buy for Wii U or PC. Ah sure for only 9.99, it'd be rude not to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I have a club Nintendo stars number that I can't us if anyone wants it? Not sure which game it is though as I came in a second had game box I got last week. PM me for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I have a club Nintendo stars number that I can't us if anyone wants it? Not sure which game it is though as I came in a second had game box I got last week. PM me for it.

Annnnnnnnnd it gone!

Annnnnnnnnd it gone!
    post-27860-Borussia-dortmund-manager-jurg-WY07.gif
    It should have been mine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I'm thinking about buying and Wii U and have been looking on adverts.
    Are these good value for second hand consoles?

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-remote-and-4-games/7263042?notification=2c4ad025ddad29b485e91b294f922f04-1421998803#comment_43148320
    I know this one is gone but if it falls through I'm going to ponce:D

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-with-games/7226265

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty good value! The first one primarily, as it comes with 4 excellent games, but the second one is pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I'm thinking about buying and Wii U and have been looking on adverts.
    Are these good value for second hand consoles?

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-remote-and-4-games/7263042?notification=2c4ad025ddad29b485e91b294f922f04-1421998803#comment_43148320
    I know this one is gone but if it falls through I'm going to ponce:D

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-with-games/7226265

If buying 2nd hand I'd double check the condition of the gamepad before buying.
    It seems to be quite a lot of hassle (and expense) to get a replacement

And make sure it has a receipt. It's a nightmare and expensive without one if you ever have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

any ideas of where i could get ORAS cheaper than 45 euro? I dont care if its new or second hand

jojololo wrote: »
    any ideas of where i could get ORAS cheaper than 45 euro? I dont care if its new or second hand

€36 + shipping from TheGameCollection (via Rakuten) using code JANOFFER5
    (£5 off when you spend over £20 in January)

JANOFFER10 gets you £10 off when you spend over £40

Or

From TheGameCollection using code BETTERTHANSOCKS
    SAPPHIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

The codes didnt work ?

Sorry about that.

You could try Zavvi and use code WELCOME as a new customer and get 10% off. Or try one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

€37.59 on wow-hd..........delivery can take a while though

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/pokemon-alpha-sapphire-nintendo-3ds/dp/38875337/67310675

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

By the time the game arrives from WowHD most of the pokemon in it will have evolved.

edit :
    OK that was totally nonconstructive.
    By way of Penance, my amazon basket tells me :
    Kirby Triple Deluxe down to £21.99
    Watchdogs down to £18.85
    Also, the Count Duckula complete collection is back down to £9.99 again.
    Oh, and the Gator deluxe molded 335-style hard case (you know, for semi-hollow thinline electric spanish guitars!) has finally dropped sub-£60.

I've heard that the Count Duckula collection can only be watched once a century, when the moon is in the eighth house, in the heart of Transylvania, in the vampire hall of fame. Yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I saw Link's Crossbow Training (sans zapper) for a euro in Cex, Tallaght today. I quite enjoyed it, to be honest. Found it much more fun without the zapper.

But, terrible news, they've totally reduced the Nintendo section. Only two little bays of Wii & WiiU games, and no Gamecube. Awful news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement