Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I saw Link's Crossbow Training (sans zapper) for a euro in Cex, Tallaght today. I quite enjoyed it, to be honest. Found it much more fun without the zapper.

But, terrible news, they've totally reduced the Nintendo section. Only two little bays of Wii & WiiU games, and no Gamecube. Awful news.

They didn't reduce, just sold out of stock ;)
    The wii and ds software sold massive amounts over christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Danonino. wrote: »
    They didn't reduce, just sold out of stock ;)
    The wii and ds software sold massive amounts over christmas.

You sure about that?

Hope it's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Yerp 100% only other explination might be if they had multiple new store openings (maybe) with stock sent out to fill the empty shelves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads the wii donkey Kong game on sale for a tenner on eshop can it be solely played on wii u gamepad or do I need wiimote and tv for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a Wii game, so you'll need the same as if you were playing it on a Wii I believe, though you should be able to use the gamepad as the screen/sensor bar if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's a Wii game, so you'll need the same as if you were playing it on a Wii I believe, though you should be able to use the gamepad as the screen/sensor bar if required.

Ah shame might pass on it so she's classics here I come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lads the wii donkey Kong game on sale for a tenner on eshop can it be solely played on wii u gamepad or do I need wiimote and tv for it?
    Ah shame might pass on it so she's classics here I come

Yeah, same here. If I need the wiimote etc. It's not really any different to having the physical copy sitting there. I mean it's not any more convenient to boot into it if I need to attach the wiimote and/or nunchuck pro controller (To a controller :().

I read somewhere that some Wii games were going to be ported over to the Wii U, and I saw a list in PDF that wasn't clickable. Does anybody know where that list is? I was sure I saw it here first, but nearly a week later..

I thought DK was playable with the gamepad.
    I won't be buying any wii games that require me to connect my wii controllers (especially pro) to the gamepad, with the exception of maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy and one or two others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I already own Metroid Trilogy but I'll be buying it again for the WiiU regardless.
    That game is magnificent.
    I would like to see games launched outside our region being released, maybe Excitebots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Man I would love to see Excitebots. Loved Excite Truck - more than Mariokart Wii if I'm honest - and was really disappointed when bots didn't materialise.

That said, I'd also love to see them release a Wii game that supports the pro controller so we can try out the Gamepad control functionality finally...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

from HUKD, german version of wonderful 101 id about £28 quid from seller catvertrieb (7 left!) fulfilled by amazon.

Or rakuten/base;
    Wonderful 101 £34.88 + Mass Effect 3 £5.81 = £40.69 - £10 with JANGIFT10 code meaning £30 for two games with parcelmotel delivery on top obviously...

Wonderful 101: http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/basecom/product/2646434/
    Mass Effect 3: http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/basecom/product/2554810/

• Advertisement

Will Catvertrieb ship to Ireland via Amazon? Had trouble with them before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Banjo wrote: »
    Will Catvertrieb ship to Ireland via Amazon? Had trouble with them before.

mm, thought they had to if it was fulfilled by amazon but maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If Nintendo released Xenoblade Chronicles on the store for €10 with pro controller support I think I would spontaneously combust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd doubt that one would happen, they wouldn't want to steal thunder from the new 3ds port!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I'd doubt that one would happen, they wouldn't want to steal thunder from the new 3ds port!

yeah i would imagine because of this it wont be put on the wii u store and if it is it wont be for 6+ months after the new 3ds release

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

any good oras offers? I asked recently but the codes given didnt work! So still searching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Duno if its a bargain for some or not, mariokart 7 digital download key for 27 euro

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/3ds-games/mario-kart-7-3ds?mw_aref=74dth566

Not a physical copy but still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If Nintendo released Xenoblade Chronicles on the store for €10 with pro controller support I think I would spontaneously combust.

It probably does already, at least it does for me, my third party WiiU pro controller can switch from WiiU to Wii mode, which is nice....

Sonic Racing Transformed on WiiU has finally dipped back below £10 on Amazon. Think there are better deals floating round Rakuten if you're using codes though.

Arkham Origins shaves another few pence off and is at £9.05.

If you're that way inclined the first volume of Kieron Gillen (him off PC Gamer)'s run on Iron Man (Believe) is £7.98, about £3.50 cheaper than normal. Haven't read any of his comics work but he was unbearable as a games reviewer, which bodes very well indeed (look how obnoxious Warren Ellis is after all)

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

the price of the wind waker is still very high £60 on Amazon

Does anyone know of a good deal on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

R.F. wrote: »

You'd nearly get the big box version of that on ebay for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

R.F. wrote: »

its really nearly always the case with nintendo made games especially the big franchises. they rarely drop much in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »
    Sonic Racing Transformed on WiiU has finally dipped back below £10 on Amazon. Think there are better deals floating round Rakuten if you're using codes though.

Well worth it at that price.

Rumour has it that they have the new 3DS XL Zelda bundle in stock in Toys'r'us stores @ €220 - €250 and are planning on selling one per customer online and in store. I don't know if they deliver to Ireland or Parcel Motel, but I will be trying for it.
    I'll be keeping an eye out on the site and other forums, but I'm away from the PC most of the time this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

magnumbud wrote: »
    its really nearly always the case with nintendo made games especially the big franchises. they rarely drop much in price.

That's still an inflated price though isn't it?

Fekin Nintendo. You really have to jump on their games when they're released to get a fair price.

The Amazon price regularly drops to £30, thought it's currently out of stock. Always look at who's fulfilling the order. If it's not Amazon themselves you're at the mercy of 3rd parties. Currently it defaults to a 3rd party. Amazon price is £40 but it's OOS. Click on other offers (New and Used) to see it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00B8QDNNG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1422371236&sr=8-1

WiiParty U for £12.98? Not bad...

GameStop went from having the cheapest copy of Super Smash Bros 3DS, €40, to the most expensive, €54.99 now.
    Bonkers.
    But Ninty stuff holds value like little else, within a few months of release the likes of Alien Isolation was available for less than €40 for the PS4, a game like Super Mario Kart DS went on costing €40 or close to for years .

Actually, it's still marked at €29.99 and Mario Kart DS is 10 years old this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Stupid question but are there any pitfalls with using Amazon France? Do you simply pay the price shown and that's it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Stupid question but are there any pitfalls with using Amazon France? Do you simply pay the price shown and that's it?

I think you'll have to pay about 5-10 for shipping, and they likely adjust the VAT rate, but yea the price shown at the end of the checkout will be the price you pay, no import duties etc.

Obviously electronics will come with an EU 2 pronged plug, but again not big deal.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »

We're all in the EU!
    One big happy family!
    So it makes the price differential between Amazon.co.uk and .fr even harder to swallow though I reckon it's the Euro/Sterling thing that fecks it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement