Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Tekken tag tournament 2 for 9.99 on e shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Pac1Man wrote: »
    That's still an inflated price though isn't it?

Fekin Nintendo. You really have to jump on their games when they're released to get a fair price.

Yeah it is. Standard pricing would be €50-60, £60 translates to around €80 at the current rate which is absurd and probably just down to a supply shortage or something. It is true that Nintendo games don't devalue quickly but that generally just means they hover around €40-50 for a good while after release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Wii U 8 Gb for 199.99 in argos and for an extra 15Eur choose between either fifa 13 or new super mario bros U click on the special offers tab

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9128835/Trail/searchtext%3EWII+U.htm#tab3

Store Name Stock Status Store Name Stock Status
    Arklow (Extra) In stock: 4 Ashbourne Retail Park In stock: 5 +
    Athlone In stock: 1 Blanchardstown West End In stock: 3
    Carlow (Extra) In stock: 2 Castlebar In stock: 1
    Cavan (Extra) Item is out of stock Clonmel (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Cork Mahon (Extra) In stock: 3 Cork Queens Old Castle In stock: 1
    Cork Retail Park In stock: 1 Drogheda (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Dun Laoghaire In stock: 5 + Dundalk Retail Park (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Dundrum In stock: 5 + Galway In stock: 3
    Ilac Centre Dublin In stock: 5 + Jervis Street Dublin In stock: 5 +
    Kilkenny In stock: 5 + Killarney (Extra) In stock: 1
    Letterkenny (Extra) In stock: 1 Liffey Valley (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Limerick Childers Road (Extra) In stock: 1 Limerick Cruises Street In stock: 5 +
    Limerick The Crescent In stock: 5 + Longford (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Monaghan (Extra) In stock: 1 Naas (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Navan In stock: 5 + Nutgrove In stock: 5 +
    Omni Park Dublin (Extra) In stock: 3 Portlaoise (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Sligo (Extra) In stock: 5 + St Stephens Green Dublin In stock: 1
    Swords (Extra) In stock: 5 + Tallaght In stock: 5 +
    Tralee (Extra) In stock: 1 Tullamore (Extra) In stock: 5 +
    Waterford In stock: 5 + Wexford (Extra) In stock: 3

This is whats in stock at time of posting

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

If anyone wants just the console the Wii u Basic can be gotten for £135 (just over €180) through Rakuten/Shopto

Add Code JANSALEDAY3&4

May have to use PM for delivery......

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/shopto/product/WIIUHW01/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Kirby Triple Deluxe - £19.99 on Amazon

Fantastic game, well worth it.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Kirby Triple Deluxe - £19.99 on Amazon

Fantastic game, well worth it.

OOS there currently but available for €26.99 in argos which is much the same price wise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Such a beautiful game, aside from the 3D effect it's really a straight sequel to Kirby's Adventure on the Wii, coming to the Eshop soon.
    Well worth owning both

Amazon - Wonderful 101 out of stock but down to £29.99

HUKD are reporting Argos dropping the price of Mario Party Island Tour on 3DS, and the irish site usually follows suit (but not always same day).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Amazon - Wonderful 101 out of stock but down to £29.99

HUKD are reporting Argos dropping the price of Mario Party Island Tour on 3DS, and the irish site usually follows suit (but not always same day).
    Still in stock in GAME for the same price for anyone who doesn't want to wait.

Picked these up today in argos, didnt check the stock in other stores, i think these are reasonable prices.

Mario and luigi dream team for the 3ds at 27 euro

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Mario+and+luigi+dream+team+&authToken=

And mario golf world tour 3ds for 25 euro

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=MARIO+GOLF+3DS&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Both great games. Got 50 hours out of Dream Team. :)

Picked these up today in argos, didnt check the stock in other stores, i think these are reasonable prices.

Thanks for the heads up, just reserved mario golf and kirby in Jervis St........nice to get good quality 3DS games for under €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Wii U - 8GB Basic Pack (White) £99 from Tesco Direct.

Can you use Parcel Motel with Tesco? Doesn't affect me but that's the best price in a long time if not ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

sligeach wrote: »
    Wii U - 8GB Basic Pack (White) £99 from Tesco Direct.

Can you use Parcel Motel with Tesco? Doesn't affect me but that's the best price in a long time if not ever.

Tesco direct doesnt seem to be accepting the parcel motel uk postcode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

ShevY wrote: »
    Tesco direct doesnt seem to be accepting the parcel motel uk postcode

I edited slightly using Nightline's own postcode at same location. By the time I got to the payment section it was out of stock :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ShevY wrote: »
    I edited slightly using Nightline's own postcode at same location. By the time I got to the payment section it was out of stock :mad:

It was too good to last. It was up and gone in half an hour.

picked up kirby and mario golf in argos earlier and got a €5 voucher for spending over €50........even better value to be had if you're buying two of the discounted 3DS games

Oh Captain my Captain! Cap'n Toad is £24.85 on Amazon. And in stock. And shipping from Amazon themselves rather than some tiny shop in Chester. Too good to be true?

Also, you can get a pair of Size 9 Caterpillar Colorado boots for under £50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Oh Captain my Captain! Cap'n Toad is £24.85 on Amazon. And in stock. And shipping from Amazon themselves rather than some tiny shop in Chester. Too good to be true?

Buy it, buy it now. It's a great game. I paid €40 in Smyths before Christmas, was well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So tempted.......although with exchange rates and PM charge it comes to €37 so not really that huge a bargain. I think this might be the exception to the rule of Nintendo prices and due to it being a short game may in fact get cheaper.....gonna hold out for now!

• Advertisement

Why are you using PM for an Amazon Prime delivery? Add ANYTHING to the order to push it over £25 for free delivery
    ANYTHING!

http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/

15p for Printer Toner . Done!

You might want to extend that out to cover the value of a Parcel Motel delivery. Get value for money.
    £2.99 for Black Cobra 3 - The Manilla Connection on DVD. How bad can it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Why are you using PM for an Amazon Prime delivery? Add ANYTHING to the order to push it over £25 for free delivery
    ANYTHING!

You might want to extend that out to cover the value of a Parcel Motel delivery. Get value for money.
    You don't even need to :pac: I chose free delivery, it changes slightly to a handy total of £25.47, probably due to VAT difference. Thanks Banjo! :)

*plays the closing theme from The Incredible Hulk TV show as Black Cobra 3 slowly walks away, looking over his shoulder occasionally but knowing deep down that no one is coming to take him away from the warehouse*

ANYTHING!

Hmm, I thought Prime was a paid service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No there's free super saver delivery to Ireland for orders over £25 that are sold or fulfilled by Amazon

Sweet, that saved €3.50 pushed me over the edge, bought!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks! been waiting for a cheapish mariokart to come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Prime is a paid service but you can still get free delivery as a non-Prime member on orders over £25 with Super Saver Delivery. Prime has the advantages of being faster and not having a minimum order but I don't know they offer the service in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry, wasnt very clear. The Prime tag (for a non-subscriber) means its definitely fulfilled by amazon so super saver is an option. As such, since delivery is usually pretty significant you're as well off getting something else to tip you over the 25 quid mark

And yes I am aware that "fulfilled by amazon" items are not necessarily prime items but still fulfill the criteria.

Look over there! A Marth amiibo!
    *runs*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement